Fhuggin Suhweet !

Thats sweet!!! I vote for the bullet holes to stay!!

I'm not too far from you, might just have to make a trip down to check it out. lol.

Travis

Gonna blast the rusted shell with some Black Beauty Media this coming weekend, and I'll be bringing the 2" x 3" rectangular steel to the shop for the frame, gotta attack the rust fast! LOL LOL gonna bring this shot up 71 year old truck back to life!:evil :woohoo:

I love black beauty......cept when there is more rust than what I thought and its blasts through. DOH!! Are you going to paint the rod or clear it, or nothing?

Travis

Plans are for a red oxide base primer, then a light topcoat of flat black, after flat black dries, you take steel wool pads soaked in thinner on 'create' old worn thru paint..... bascally it's a new "weathered" paint job:evil ..... and I will have an old business logo applied to the doors (weathered also)

Basically it should look like an old shop truck :evil

Before:
attachment.php

AFTER:
chopped.JPG

Thanks to the mad photochopping skillz of Amish- here is a preview with the top chopped............ :evil

perfect. unfortunatley ive never seen a rat rod in person, so i was guessing that many guys just left the bodies the way they were or fully painted the flat black. now i know.

id love to build one some day.....i hope, lol.

Travis

Some do it the way I mentioned above- I even seen the new fiberglass reproduction bodies done this way for the old skool look, but some use the existing "patina" if it has the right look and wear......

Hell I seen origonal bodies that have been stripped down to bare metal, that had the body work done and then had em sit under a water sprinkler to recreate the rust!!!!!

I believe that's where the shifter handle will end up.... might use a bayonet handle or a brass knuckle for the handle...:evil

Amish Elegance said:
I've always been a fan of the beer tap shifter. :hehe:

Then you'll really like the beer keg fuel tank:clap: :clap: :rockwoot:

ooooh a stein.....that would hurt if one were to release it upon launch.