Fhuggin Suhweet !

Believe it or not but for the oldies the insurance is not much with classic car insurance.....

Last nite I sat down with the elderly gentleman to exchange some presidents, we talked for bout 40 minutes. The truck traveled from Air Force base to Air Force Base down South. And get this- the 46 has just a few ticks over 18K miles on it.......:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: The 80 someting year old dude just put his elderly wife in a home-(she has alzhiemers) and he came to the conclusion that he won't be able to restore this 46 properly in his days. He was pleased that he made a good choice on selling it to me- we talked about each others autos briefly- and he even turned down a higher offer with more cash earlier in the day:clap:, evidently some bastage tried to buy this gem out from under me. The old man said he kept his word to me and he stuck by his word. (rare these days)

I can't wait to accept delivery. Picking up a spare 46 cab tomorrow....... one of these cabs will be used for another ratty rod...... the other will go into restoring this 46.:Cheer:

Worked on the 38 and the 46 cabs this weekend. The 46 cab is near mint. Prepping it for the entire 46 Dodge truck that will soon be in for the resto treatment....

We figured on a 4.5" top chop for the 38:rockwoot: Made a door jamb and door swings open and closes- on to the drivers side......

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0388.JPG
    IMG_0388.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 15
So how did these ever turn out?

We work on them every now and then. My bro was able to score a C-L-E-A-N 2wd Dakota frame, well it was a complete running truck that he was able to strip to a rolling frame at the yard. We will be using that on the 38. We also chopped the top and judging by the photoshop pic posted back, we might have it lower than the pic.:rockwoot: We also scored a super clean running Detroit 3-53 that purred away in a paving roller:hehe::hehe:

Waiting to get that frame at the shop. Then we have to jockey around some of the other projects to fit it inside.:bang

The 46 has been stripped of paint and I have been slowly smoothing the wrinkles on the body and formulating the build plan. I do have my bro on an "All Points Bulletion" to be on the look out for a duallie rear. Hopefully someone will junk a truck soon so we can raid some parts. Winter has a way of tearing trucks up LOL But I plan on making it a duallie ratty.....:evil with a old skool "Gasser" look to it.:st:

Sounds cool. That was me posting under Old Blue Ford earlier when I couldnt get logged on.

Andy

any more pictures?.. either way keep us updated. I eventually will have a similar project going ha..I've got a 6v53 detroit and a older drag chassis from CT Diesel. I have access to 2 - 30 something ford trucks both are 1 tonbs and one is semi complete and the other is a hulk for body donors.. should be real sick ..I source a jake a year ago for the 6v53 and have a 545 allison for the detroit although a stick trans would sound better with the jake etc..either way yours is way way way ahead of mine..I'm just collecting parts at the moment. Where in NJ are ya..im in Southern NY.
Thanks,
Happy New Years,
Deo

damn jeff, you have too many projects. i need to get into what you do for money....because what i do is not nearly enough for my 1 project. how is the 96ctd doin, haven't seen any new pics of that one any progress?