Finally made it to the 10s

Early in the season when it was cool, my tires would bite and I was doing 1.62-1.66 60's. But I didn't have my chit together and was only trapping 121-122mph. ETs were 11.0s.

Now, it's running good and traps are 125.8s mph, but's it's spinning bad and the 60s have dropped to 1.72-1.76. Still doing 11.0s :doh:

I could get slicks. But my goal is a 10 sec DD, and getting slicks would be like giving up. One of these days I'll link a 1.62 60' to a 125.8 mph trap, then I'll have something.

You are always going to trap higher mph when you spin the hides a little outta the hole. Look at your slips and you will probably see the slip with the lowest 60 had the best time and not nearly the highest trap speed.

Yeah, with the previous setup doing a 1.62 60', the trap speed might be down a tenth or two. Normally though, the trap speeds don't vary more than .5 from a 1.65 to well over 1.8.

No it won't. I don't manually shift it now. I put it in drive and go. I have talked to 2 builders and there is something in the rh valvebody that needs 2 be done according to them. Re trans will lock in 2nd in drive, rd doesn't.

My Rh locked up as soon as it hit 2nd stock, and it still does it built.

Since I got a new valve body(reman), I lost 2nd gear lockup. I have another vb coming so I will try that. I already had it on a toggle switch to try and I had the same issue. Tim Barber and Jeff both told me the same thing, unless they misunderstood my question.

Cummin_un_glued, may I ask what is done to your drive train to hold the launches? stock Tcase? driveshafts? axles?

The trans has a Gorend triple disk with a custom stall and all billet shafts from Suncoast. The output is the 29 spline version. Tcase has a modified 29 spline input sourced for a 6 speed manual. The driveshafts have been rebuilt with Spicer heavy duty joints shortened and balanced. The axles have Yukon gear sets turning stock shafts.

I really feel like the stall in the TC really helps keep breakage down.

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

I put my selector in 2 and leave lock-up switch on so it locks up as it hits 2nd, then shift to 3rd, then flip toggle for OD. That's the best I've found. I love my Goerend trans, but I would like to get somebody to rework the valve body for a more aggressive shift, or go to manual valve body.

I have a manual VB from Goerend in my 47rh, it shifts and locks up pretty soft, I too sometimes wish it was a bit more aggressive, but it holds the power so I'm just gonna leave it. Goerend knows what they're doing, with good line pressure you'll be fine.

The trans has a Gorend triple disk with a custom stall and all billet shafts from Suncoast. The output is the 29 spline version. Tcase has a modified 29 spline input sourced for a 6 speed manual. The driveshafts have been rebuilt with Spicer heavy duty joints shortened and balanced. The axles have Yukon gear sets turning stock shafts.

I really feel like the stall in the TC really helps keep breakage down.

What stall is the TC? Are you running an oversize input shaft or just stock size billet?

I sometimes wish my Vb could lock in 1st, my truck is a dog off the line until it hits 2nd and locks up then it hauls ass. I think I would end up breaking more chit though LOL

I'm not sure of the exact stall. I just told Dave what I wanted it to do and it does it. I can easily get it over 3000rpm with just a foot brake tho.

Are you still running the CAD in the front axle? Im debating going to a one piece right shaft. Also I assume you have the 32 spline axles?

Still have the CAD and stock axles