G.M. Performance Parts Dragster Vs. Power Services Funny car at NADM’s Spring break n

Didn't NX also build this car in a year and ran a full season on it also?

5.NX dragster 7.829 @ 172.08 (6-11-11) - LBZ, Powerglide - Johnboy

My understanding is Mike Wood (owner of NX) fired Hogue because he couldn't get it done and then finished the dragster, got that young gal, Emily Herod to drive it and she ended up winning the NHRDA Championship in it the only season it ran, 2011. Mike Wood was badly hurt in an accident and he sold the dragster and it now has or did have a cummins in it. He also had/has? the Mustang. Not sure what happened to it. Also wonder what happened to the Dmax engine that was in the dragster?

No that was my point Ken after Greg got out of the way they finished the car in pretty short order and it did great with Emily driving. It would have been cool if we could have kept her around though she will likely do much better things in the future.

My understanding is Mike Wood (owner of NX) fired Hogue because he couldn't get it done and then finished the dragster, got that young gal, Emily Herod to drive it and she ended up winning the NHRDA Championship in it the only season it ran, 2011. Mike Wood was badly hurt in an accident and he sold the dragster and it now has or did have a cummins in it. He also had/has? the Mustang. Not sure what happened to it. Also wonder what happened to the Dmax engine that was in the dragster?

First, let me say that I am not here to defend Greg Hogue. He is his own worst enemy when it comes to talking smack and revving up his keyboard! Geez, I figured one day (some years ago) he'd figure out to stay off the boards and let his car do the talking. If all those hours wasted here (and other forums) had been focused on that dragster...it might have been done a year ago.

I will set the record straight on him getting "fired" though. To this day, I am friends with all involved...but what really happened in this whole deal has never been publicly revealed (and most likely never will). I personally had an inside view to everything that went down and all I can say is what most "think" happened is false. The whole thing was a raw deal. There was a serious power play that in the end left Greg standing with nothing but a bad wrap and empty pockets.

Obviously this is somewhat vague, but it's not my place to dish out the dirty details. I suppose if one reads between the lines enough, my drift may be caught.

That is all I have to say about this...but Greg, please, PLEASE, PLEASE,,,for the love of GOD (and your sponsors/supporters) take an Internet vacation!

See how this is the truth and it's really not so bad. But it's no fun for the monkeys to read because it's not what they want to hear. See how no one has replied to this in almost a full day now...

Everyone was talking smack about how he won't show up to a race in his own back yard. He was at the track as they were writing that. Yes, he might say things he shouldn't and get the cart way before the horse, but love him or hate him, everyone (and I mean everyone) knows of him. He's doing what many and most will never be able to do. Most will never even sit in a dragster in their life. The car wasn't ready to go NHRA, but I guarantee you it's a lot farther along that you think it is. Heck, it runs. He went to a race. That's already more than all the naysayers said would happen. It'll get there, it's come a long way just in the last few months.

See how this is the truth and it's really not so bad. But it's no fun for the monkeys to read because it's not what they want to hear. See how no one has replied to this in almost a full day now...

Everyone was talking smack about how he won't show up to a race in his own back yard. He was at the track as they were writing that. Yes, he might say things he shouldn't and get the cart way before the horse, but love him or hate him, everyone (and I mean everyone) knows of him. He's doing what many and most will never be able to do. Most will never even sit in a dragster in their life. The car wasn't ready to go NHRA, but I guarantee you it's a lot farther along that you think it is. Heck, it runs. He went to a race. That's already more than all the naysayers said would happen. It'll get there, it's come a long way just in the last few months.

You should just go away.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What, drive a 13 sec carLOL

First, let me say that I am not here to defend Greg Hogue. He is his own worst enemy when it comes to talking smack and revving up his keyboard! Geez, I figured one day (some years ago) he'd figure out to stay off the boards and let his car do the talking. If all those hours wasted here (and other forums) had been focused on that dragster...it might have been done a year ago.

I will set the record straight on him getting "fired" though. To this day, I am friends with all involved...but what really happened in this whole deal has never been publicly revealed (and most likely never will). I personally had an inside view to everything that went down and all I can say is what most "think" happened is false. The whole thing was a raw deal. There was a serious power play that in the end left Greg standing with nothing but a bad wrap and empty pockets.

Obviously this is somewhat vague, but it's not my place to dish out the dirty details. I suppose if one reads between the lines enough, my drift may be caught.

That is all I have to say about this...but Greg, please, PLEASE, PLEASE,,,for the love of GOD (and your sponsors/supporters) take an Internet vacation!

If I do recall ..Greg was on yellow bullet, Made some terrible remarks & was throwing cuss words out there like a 9 year old with turrets syndrome. This made the Nx very nervous & they split.

So just so I am clear:

You haven't posted in ~3 years, and one of your last posts was, now forgive me as I am going to abridge it: "[Dear people of diesel, you don't buy enough from me, you complain too much, so go **** yourselves I am done.]" ?

Now just by posting you are very much feeding "the monkeys". I am honestly surprised you have anything to do with diesel after the way you left, let alone post here again.

You truly are a great character reference for Houge though, it couldn't be anymore fitting.

Last edited:
Everyone was talking smack about how he won't show up to a race in his own back yard. He was at the track as they were writing that.

He was the one talking smack and wouldn't line up to Robinson. You have some reading to do.

What you talking about Willis? You hitting the shine? I know he bought it but what does that have to do with what I said? :Cheer:

The car you quoted as running 7's was the car that went to Hamilton...
But you guys got all that sorted out and i didn't read it

Last edited:
If I do recall ..Greg was on yellow bullet, Made some terrible remarks & was throwing cuss words out there like a 9 year old with turrets syndrome. This made the Nx very nervous & they split.

Sir, that would be incorrect.

Unless the man himself (Mike Wood) comes on here to tell his side of the story, you're just stirring the pot. Mike sent me an email this morning again stating that they (NX) posted their press release on this site.

John, you should go read that again.

The rumors, lies, deception, speculation, and negative remarks need to stop now on this subject.

I am the first to say that Greg has fallen way short on acting professional. I only hope that Greg finds a way to keep his mouth and keyboard quiet and let his car do the talking. Had he focused on that from the beginning, he would have made it to the track long ago. His behavior has been deplorable at times, but some of the other posts on this site have been just as bad.

I have to tell you guys, I am pretty disgusted at all of this. Racing is not easy (yes, I am a racer too.) If I had the connections, I'd probably have a Diesel in my car out there running with you guys. I am amazed at what some of the racers and engine builders out there have done. Some with big bucks and some with very little. It truly is a shame that we can't all just get along and be happy for the guys excelling in their category. Even in my circles, there are folks who struggle. Even if they are a team I don't care for, I may choose not to help them... but I can't kick them while they are down.

Once upon a time, there was a thing called honor, integrity, and class, and people followed a thing called the "golden rule"......................

Back