Gap in classes???

My biggest problem with a staggerd start where there is a large differential in time, and the person who is waiting is cooking their TC longer than neccessary.

Ken,

That's just time management. If I'm racing a car/truck that is running 20 seconds, I don't build boost before I'm fully staged. That's actually easier then when you build boost before fully staging and the other person sits there for the full 8 seconds on the autostart, before staging. I actually prefer racing the 17 to 20 second cars/trucks. I don't have to hold boost nearly as long.

Paul

Super Street becomes 12.0/11.9 index class(11.50 won't work for non roll bar trucks) Pro Tree, run below the index and you lose.

Pro Street has the minimum weight raised to 5000lbs (no way you get a 3/4 ton truck down to 4500lbs, if so, it's so custom and cut up, should run in pro stock) We'll never get our truck below 5600lbs.

Everything else stays the same.

Super Street becomes 12.0/11.9 index class(11.50 won't work for non roll bar trucks) Pro Tree, run below the index and you lose.

Pro Street has the minimum weight raised to 5000lbs (no way you get a 3/4 ton truck down to 4500lbs, if so, it's so custom and cut up, should run in pro stock) We'll never get our truck below 5600lbs.

Like the idea of weight addition for prostreet, if your are going to run an index in SS make it 11.55 if you think the roll bar is an issue, at least something faster than 11.90.

then maybe they should not build 3/4 ton 4x4. pro street is just fine were its at. its been 4500 from the start.

then maybe they should not build 3/4 ton 4x4. pro street is just fine were its at. its been 4500 from the start.

I fully understand why you would say that.:D Here in lies the problem, the guys who want to run Superstreet with their fast daily drivers can't compete with the 6000 lbs trucks and the 6000 lbs trucks can't compete with the 4500 lb trucks. The biggest problem we had at many races was very few entires in either class, either due to available trucks being broke, or no one entering due to no chance, (at least in their mind) of winning. Rob won Prostreet at two races with his 12 sec daily driver do to everyone else breaking.

Put in your vote and I'll put in mine on the weight thing.

How will trucks without roll bars test-n-tune at 11.55, or 11.50. Two screw ups and you will not run at that track again until you are forced to install a cage. Why push the NHRA rules for a few .10's, I don't get it. It's index racing anyway.

Put in your vote and I'll put in mine on the weight thing.

How will trucks without roll bars test-n-tune at 11.55, or 11.50. Two screw ups and you will not run at that track again until you are forced to install a cage. Why push the NHRA rules for a few .10's, I don't get it. It's index racing anyway.

Hmmm, maybe cuz instead of having just one one bastard truck without a home we will have two? :D Maybe we should just sell Max'd Out and White Out and build a Prostock truck and be done with it.:bang

Lets see what the rules will be first.

In div. 1, a 11 second truck could of won the pro street series if it made it to every race.

I like to look at the overall season and what is needed to win the series, not just one race against a very fast truck that may, or, may not make it down the track in super or pro street.

Lets all vote and see where the cards lay. Then we can start ringing our hands and rending our skin.

Caged Fury is legal for Super Street! More often than not it will make record setting passes and be able to perform in 2 different classes......I say leave the rules alone and let the cards fall where they may!:rockwoot:

Hmmm, maybe cuz instead of having just one one bastard truck without a home we will have two? :D Maybe we should just sell Max'd Out and White Out and build a Prostock truck and be done with it.:bang

You better put a cummins in that heap if you expect to get any return out of it!:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Caged Fury is legal for Super Street! More often than not it will make record setting passes and be able to perform in 2 different classes......I say leave the rules alone and let the cards fall where they may!:rockwoot:

well put Dennis, leave the classes alone, i'll race dennis heads up and lose every time, but the cool factor is there:rockwoot::tree::cheer:

Eliminations
10.90 Index
Pro Tree
Heads up
Break out = DQ during eliminations

Qualifications
12.99 or quicker to qualify
Can go faster than Index in Qual. (allows for “records”)
Basic ladder for Elim. (1vs.16, 2vs.15, ect.)

I was hoping to see it make one pass in any class, not get dragged around by a golf cart. :poke:

Doesn't pro street have to be able to drive under its own power to the line?

So why is eveyone making a big deal about nhrda classes when nadm has a bigger gap, a 12.0 quick diesel straight to pro street where 9 second trucks play. At least superstreet has a place for 10.5-11.99 trucks. Who cares if u don't win, at least we get to race heads up with whatever you brought. NHRDA I love the class. Please do not change it.

I thought your 4x4 was going to weigh 5000 lbs just like you 2wd? I must have read things wrong:hehe:

yes you were reading wrong. the 4x4 will be at 5k and the 2wd will be at 4500lbs.

dennis we will be going to steele this weekend for some racing. there are having a big $5000 race race come on down. would love to have you there. you only got to make 8 or 9 passes a day to win.

Back