Garrett 3582 - GT vs GTX?

That was why I was wanting to re-use the 3782 as nthe secondary was to save having to buy a nnew secondary in the original plan...

Do the 11 blade GTX compressor wheels still whistle like the 6 blade wheels? Just curious.

The GTX will spool a little faster and make a little more boost cruising than your GT3782R.

The GTX3582R turbine wheel is 68x62.3 which is slighlty larger than your OEM turbo had.

I am looking at a set of twins with a GT4202R primary, and am not considering swapping out my GT3782R for a GT or GTX3582R. I don't think the reward would be cost effective.

I have considered looking into having a GT35 T3 .83 housing machined to fit my GT3782R for a little better spool. I don't know if it's even a possibility, or cost effective.

Do you have manifold blankets?

I have heard, but not yet verified, Turbo Re-Source is going to be getting, or already has, 62.5x82.5mm 11-blade wheels for the Stage 2 as an upgrade option.

I use a GT3788R as a secondary over a gt5533r 91 mm version. Mine is the upgraded stage 2 hybrid from Turbo Resource. It has the comp side of a 3788 with a .89 ar exhaust housing form the 3782. Im about to the 3788 to FI for one of their 11 blade billet comp wheels. Im using a 38 mm external gate drive pressure is no issue what so ever. They spool great and have huge mid and top end power.

I use a GT3788R as a secondary over a gt5533r 91 mm version. Mine is the upgraded stage 2 hybrid from Turbo Resource. It has the comp side of a 3788 with a .89 ar exhaust housing form the 3782. Im about to the 3788 to FI for one of their 11 blade billet comp wheels. Im using a 38 mm external gate drive pressure is no issue what so ever. They spool great and have huge mid and top end power.

Do you do any towing at all with your setup? I may just replicate this setup except with a GT4508R primary.

The GTX will spool a little faster and make a little more boost cruising than your GT3782R.

The GTX3582R turbine wheel is 68x62.3 which is slighlty larger than your OEM turbo had.

I am looking at a set of twins with a GT4202R primary, and am not considering swapping out my GT3782R for a GT or GTX3582R. I don't think the reward would be cost effective.

I have considered looking into having a GT35 T3 .83 housing machined to fit my GT3782R for a little better spool. I don't know if it's even a possibility, or cost effective.

Do you have manifold blankets?

I have heard, but not yet verified, Turbo Re-Source is going to be getting, or already has, 62.5x82.5mm 11-blade wheels for the Stage 2 as an upgrade option.

Can more aggressive fuel tuning help with the spoolup on the 3782?

Do you do any towing at all with your setup? I may just replicate this setup except with a GT4508R primary.

I tow my 19' boat all over, I dont know what it weights but probably less than 5k lbs. The heaviest Ive towed with the 3788 and a 76 mm primary was a 12k trailer. Every now and then I have to lock out of overdrive when Im up in the mountains 8000' + elevation.

Just to help out your lingo, like I was saying the GT37 ALL have the same turbine wheel and frame.

Your probably talking about a ~$2500 + turbo new, correct?

They don't give those fancy GT55's away, I'm sure they do run in the 2k range. The point was that the GT35 is plenty to support big HP so why pay the spool-up penalty of the GT37 when the GT35 will get the job done and spool better.

Here's the truck running at the track with lower timing and about 750 Hp at the tire:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utTAs4kQHs4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utTAs4kQHs4[/ame]

They don't give those fancy GT55's away, I'm sure they do run in the 2k range. The point was that the GT35 is plenty to support big HP so why pay the spool-up penalty of the GT37 when the GT35 will get the job done and spool better.

Here's the truck running at the track with lower timing and about 750 Hp at the tire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utTAs4kQHs4

No I definitely agree. I was just saying you need deep pockets for the GT55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a GT55 frame is fine but kind of overkill for a DD and towing truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utTAs4kQHs4

Fuel was also cut way back on those runs. The timing allowed way more fuel with controllable egt. I know Will knows this I just am saying this for info for those who do not.

I think a GT55 frame is fine but kind of overkill for a DD and towing truck.

I really enjoyed the gt55 with my gt35 but I Do agree it is not what I would choose for your goals. I am currently running the gt35 with a gt4718 with the 1.39 housing. I love it, this is a great street setup for me. I also ran an wh1c (stock) over a gt42 and liked it. Favorite street set so far is the gt35 with the gt47. Just for reference I have an A/W intercooler between stages on all of the setups I have run.

The gt35 is a great street turbo. like a stocker I get boost when i give it throttle regardless of rpm, very easy to drive and never bother looking at egt gauge unless i am really on it.

I would guess if you could try them back to back you would prefer the 35 over the 37 for your goals. But would you like it enough to justify the expense and effort of selling you current turbo and buying a 35? Your call obviously, I probably would but I waste a lot of money on this stupid truck because of my curiosity.

I am getting a GT35 to replace the 37 for a couple of reasons. One I think it will be better for what I want to do with it. Two is Pat at Big Twin can go ahead with the build on the twins and I can try to sell this 3782 I have with the BD Diesel manifold to go with it (3rd gen though) so that will prolly make it hard to sell.

Got any pictures of the air/water intercoolers? That would be neat to see.

Would some 90 hp injectors work OK for a small set like the GT3582R over a GT4202R or GT4508R? This truck is just a DD and tow rig. Moving my 10k fifth wheel from job to job etc.

I am getting a GT35 to replace the 37 for a couple of reasons. One I think it will be better for what I want to do with it. Two is Pat at Big Twin can go ahead with the build on the twins and I can try to sell this 3782 I have with the BD Diesel manifold to go with it (3rd gen though) so that will prolly make it hard to sell.

Got any pictures of the air/water intercoolers? That would be neat to see.

Would some 90 hp injectors work OK for a small set like the GT3582R over a GT4202R or GT4508R? This truck is just a DD and tow rig. Moving my 10k fifth wheel from job to job etc.

I have no idea on common rail injectors and stuff. I can't imagine them not being enough as my 4718 starts making boost by 6-10 psi (depending on elevation ) which is harldy any throttle input at all. And this is on a stock untouched 12V head, I would think the common rail would have no problems with these.

As far as your large turbos I don't think I would spend the extra coin for a ball bearing setup. of course if you do a 4508 you only have the ball bearing option. the ball bearing is great on the small guy which will be your initial spoolup. what are you doing for a manifold and wastegating?