Gozillion HP Vp44

Until it's dyno'ed at a public event, there will be doubters- much like me. Also, I know of a few 'hot' VP projects and NONE were priced in that range due to the machining tolerances involved.

brandon.

I spoke with the fella doing the posting..... There are some unaswered questions. I would like to see back to back dyno runs with a SO, HRVP and Hot VP, on a dynojet. They have used Antrium Diesel's load dyno near us and a dyno out west @ altitude. They may be onto something but time will tell.... Cost is around $1700 for a stage 1, $2500 for a stage 2, and over $3k for a stage 3!

A stage 3 hasn't even been built as of yet. None of the trucks are equipped with big turbos to really see what these pumps can or can't do. So I guess we will need to see what they are really capable of, if they can do what is claimed the VP crowd just got closer to running with the CR crowd.

Doug

Jetpilot said:
So I guess we will need to see what they are really capable of, if they can do what is claimed the VP crowd just got closer to running with the CR crowd.

Doug

That's all we in the VP crowd could ask. It'd be nice to be significant in the competition arena....at least competitive. Hopefully there will be some brave souls that will guinea pig this thing for us all.

i have been kind of thinking about the whole vp situation...the electronics is what usually gives out correct? why hasnt someone made a kit to move the electronics away from the pump, away from the heat and vibration. if you were to mount them in a rubber isolated aluminum box with fins, do you think this would help the longevity of the pump? just tossing around some ideas...

ob1kobi said:
RIGHT ON! Only the BEST are here!
---------------
Good point Ted!

------------
Rods:

Good post and evaluation by you Sir!

Like many here, until I actually see it, I will be a skeptic too,......sorry!
I owned a 2002 Dodge CTD 24 valve and got rid of it to buy my 2006 Dodge CTD CR because of the reliability problems I had with the VP-44's. My truck was putting down a "measly" 485 H.P. and I had to put two (2) VP-44's on that truck in 94,000 miles!:doh: The second VP-44 had been only on the truck for about four (4) months when I got the dreaded #0216 code! That was it for me!! I agree with the idea of the electronics on these VP-44's being somehow "isolated" from the rest of the pump to really make it work.
And personally, I just don't see the longevity being there because of the inherent design of the pump. And I REALLY don't see the VP-44 being able to take on a Bosch P-7100 Fuel Pump in just a #2 diesel fuel only "shootout" with also taking in reliability issues over the long run.

Anyway, time will tell I guess!

--------
John_P

I have probably been coming off like an ass on the other boards, but it is only because I tend to get persnickity when I see claims that are that far outside of the box with no data to back it up. I'm hoping to speak with this Travis fellow and see what I can find out.

Tim, I'm surprised they ain't called you a troll yet. LOL Seems like everytime I go to another site to learn the troll stamp comes up.

Timbeaux38 said:
I have probably been coming off like an ass on the other boards, but it is only because I tend to get persnickity when I see claims that are that far outside of the box with no data to back it up. I'm hoping to speak with this Travis fellow and see what I can find out.

i dont think you come across as an ass, i just think that because you actually asked some questions they you have them in a tizzy. one thing is for sure though if this travis fella says the word friends or budides one more time im going to :kick:
i swear he said it 9 times in his post!

Timbeaux38 said:

Just cause you ask direct questions doesn't mean your being an ass, your not asking anything that most of those guys aren't thinking but don't know how to put into words.

These guys are claiming the resurrection of the VP44, they should have expected those questions, if they were on a larger board (no disrespect to that board intended) then they would be getting a heck of alot more thrown at them then they're getting now.

Last edited:
wideopen said:
Oh man, this is a train wreck waiting to happen.

lol, every board has its bottom feeders, bs artists, keyboard warriors, hacks, wanna be's, etc.... if you don't have the bottom, then you have nothing to judge the top against :) I think we're well represented on both fronts.

ob1kobi said:
lol, every board has its bottom feeders, bs artists, keyboard warriors, hacks, wanna be's, etc.... if you don't have the bottom, then you have nothing to judge the top against :) I think we're well represented on both fronts.

Good point!

Chris

I have probably been coming off like an ass on the other boards
The first step Timmy is to admit and accept your faults. Been there done that lol.

I find it amusing that DonM was the first person to request dyno sheets of this pumps capability but when someone asks to see his/Reb's 1k dyno sheet we get a big fat NO!!!

LOL

Where the hell do you get that from. There was a bunch of guys asking for dyno sheets before he even posted.

Comparitive data dyno testing is a great tool for seeing a products benefits VS a stock or OEM part. Even if some discount the dyno data or any dynamometer period.

Its not the only way, but one proven method.

I see we can mark you down as a proponent of the new VP. For a handful of people a rumor or a promise of "better than stock" is all they need to hear to get wet.:hehe:

I had to join just to read everything. Lots of name drops, and Tim you are not being an ass, just asking what everyone else want to ask. If it works awesome. He is going to have to get use to people asking a lot of questions. The only name I ever drop is that I know Tim, then they back off:hehe: .

haz-mat19 said:
I had to join just to read everything. Lots of name drops, and Tim you are not being an ass, just asking what everyone else want to ask. If it works awesome. He is going to have to get use to people asking a lot of questions. The only name I ever drop is that I know Tim, then they back off:hehe: .

hey, that ginger kid will mess you up!

Last edited:
I opted to try one of these new pumps. I have one of the first 'Stage 3' pumps built - actually think it was the second but haven't been able to really push the truck as the engine has a bit of break in to go. It feels stronger than what I had stock - with the box off. I'll be doing some tuning in the next couple weeks and I'll post some results.