Hamilton 12V head

I guess Ill go ahead and subscribe to this one since ive been watching it for a good while now. Any updates?

seriously... why do people ask for updates? :confused: I ASSURE you that Zach wants this head released more than ANYONE does...

when there's an update, he'll give an update! LOL

oh yeah... any updates? :o

Actually we are addressing an issue on the intake runner right now. I will post up the new pics this next week.

Zach

seriously... why do people ask for updates? :confused: I ASSURE you that Zach wants this head released more than ANYONE does...

when there's an update, he'll give an update! LOL

oh yeah... any updates? :o

Yep I hate it when people ask for updates! But :nopics:

Indy's 12V head is out, 300cfm flow, larger valves etc. It's a fully assembled head. I thought about doing this a couple months back. The molds for the heads are pricing but the volume will make that go away. I was going to use a piece of billet 356 aluminum harnened and heat treated. Otherwise it's got the highest melting point of all the aluminums which is still 1220 degree's. The the plus side, it's pretty resistant to warping, expanding and would probably be the optimum choice. I have a old head here, I was going to buy a piece of billet alum through work and work on making my own 24V head on the weekends...I guess indy's 12v head goes for 8k.....

Indy's 12V head is out, 300cfm flow, larger valves etc. It's a fully assembled head. I thought about doing this a couple months back. The molds for the heads are pricing but the volume will make that go away. I was going to use a piece of billet 356 aluminum harnened and heat treated. Otherwise it's got the highest melting point of all the aluminums which is still 1220 degree's. The the plus side, it's pretty resistant to warping, expanding and would probably be the optimum choice. I have a old head here, I was going to buy a piece of billet alum through work and work on making my own 24V head on the weekends...I guess indy's 12v head goes for 8k.....

So...is there a thought in there, or just rambling?

8K isn't what I'd call affordable...yes, people will buy it...it better be worth it...but I personally won't be spending $8K for a bare casting.

Chris

Thanks Zach. I thought the indy piece was pretty outrageously priced. Then again the top choices for aluminum are probably 356 or 7075 and right there is $6 a LB just for the raw material. The casting is a good idea, that'll cost will come back to you down the road. I have a feeling these are gonna be alot more popular than people think. I cracked my 3rd gen head and after buying a new head I still spent 3k or to get a full P+P job, the phelum milled off and oversize valves....That pretty much a bare head not counting cost to buy the new on. That was awhile ago so i know alot more guys are P+P these so prices have come down. Get the right aluminum, the oversizeing in some area's will only benefit you and shouldn't add much weight. It should disperse the heat pretty well and shouldn't warp, it will stretch but only .0001 on an inch per every 100 degree's. I can't wait to see how much it helps clean up big injectors with the added flow...should be a no brainer for anoyone that has to buy a new head and I'm sure alot of guys are just plain gonna want one. I hope yours turn out great, I know how much work goes into R+D and new projects. I don't think people appreciate the time and energy, research etc that goes into releasing new parts, not an upgraded or better part but something totally new to the market...props to ya

So...is there a thought in there, or just rambling?

8K isn't what I'd call affordable...yes, people will buy it...it better be worth it...but I personally won't be spending $8K for a bare casting.

Chris

Are you an english teacher now too or just an anal, unhappy, prick that hates yourself?

Are you an english teacher now too or just an anal, unhappy, prick that hates yourself?

Not unhappy or anal...just a prick that hates sorting through crap with no punctuation or flow, especially when it's about something that's already had it's own thread.

You want to talk about the Indy head, go to the Indy thread...Leave Zach his to talk about his affordable cast head....that I can't wait to see more of!!

Chris

Not unhappy or anal...just a prick that hates sorting through crap with no punctuation or flow, especially when it's about something that's already had it's own thread.

You want to talk about the Indy head, go to the Indy thread...Leave Zach his to talk about his affordable cast head....that I can't wait to see more of!!

Chris

My bad. Didn't know it was innappropriate to do product or design comparrisons. I like Zack, if I can can help with something, I will. I'm not a motor head but when it comes to different metals, alloys, tempers, uses options, difference metal treatments or places to get those thing done, I probably have more knowledge than just about anyone on this board. I come here to learn but I also come here to help. Hell, I may be able to offer up a foundary or casting company that will make the castings better and cheaper than the one Zach has, offer up tooling adviceor help him out source to aerospace quality machine shops so he can keep up with the demand that I am pretty sure these heads and going to be calling for...

My bad. Didn't know it was innappropriate to do product or design comparrisons. I like Zack, if I can can help with something, I will. I'm not a motor head but when it comes to different metals, alloys, tempers, uses options, difference metal treatments or places to get those thing done, I probably have more knowledge than just about anyone on this board. I come here to learn but I also come here to help. Hell, I may be able to offer up a foundary or casting company that will make the castings better and cheaper than the one Zach has, offer up tooling adviceor help him out source to aerospace quality machine shops so he can keep up with the demand that I am pretty sure these heads and going to be calling for...

works for me, a ong as i get one!:ft:

Hey Zach when you send my cam please wrap it in one of these would ya!!!
This will be perfect for the new build.

Back