Hamilton 12V head

here ya go

cylinder_head.png

Notice the raised intake runners that require oil return through the exhaust purhrod hole, the thicker exhaust side of the head that also includes tying in of the exhaust manifold mating flanges. THe exhaust port walls are thicker and the intake no longer will have the bosses for the three large bolts onthe fron of the intake. We more or less got rid of all of the bolt holes and pipe threads in the head that didn't need to be there including the two underneath the intake. Another cool thing that we have done is to make the intake side of the head flat so that when we machine off the intake the zz intakes will have more meat to bolt to without sealing issues. One other cool thing is the surface the valve covers bolt to has been enlarged and connected so that a one piece valve cover can be used more easily. Look for actual pictures soon. I will post up when I get them.

Zach Hamilton

I know I had originally pushed for that but the numbers that Greg young was getting just modifying the stock port justified not having to buy a new manifold. With the thicker walls that the ports have, there should be room on our CNC'ed heads to still make a D shaped port.

Zach

very cool Zach, i may have missed this, but what are flow numbers/gain over just replacing the stocker with this head???

Wes

The original test piece was flowing well over 260cfm on the intake with stock valves and stock angles. We decided to go with 1.850" intakes with a 45 degree seat and a 1.750 exhaust so I expect to see those numbers to increase a good bit. The best part is with the .200" wall thicknes for the ports that we dictated, there is enough room to grow considerably with a cnc port job. A ported head will excede 300cfm easily.

Zach

Also forgot to mention that we cleaned up the intake by getting rid of the fuel filter housing that was integrated into the original casting. There are a few other things we did internally in the intake to create more volume and create more even distribution to all of the cylinders. The deck of the head is also thicker to allow a more stable sealing surface at the higher pressure levels associated with the power these things will help create.

Zach

Ron, you will get one of the first behind Van Haisley and a local drag truck.

I just can't believe that you are really going to throw it on a p-pumped 6.7l!
That thing will be THE ultimate grocery getter.

Zach

Hey Zack hows the foot????? LOL sorry back on topic... Great to hear its getting close to its release cant wait... how do you think it would run on my 96 minus the stock clutch is about to die as it is....

Some superglue and some tape and the bone is no longer visible. Beats the hell out of trip to the doctor with a $5,000 deductible. I won't be dancing at our grand opening next week for sure.

On your truck, I would do a few other things first like charger and a cam, but after that it wold make it scream.

Zach

Zach,

Are you and Indy working on this head together? They had a billet head at scheids event and claimed they would have a cast version ready by mid year. Just wondering if it was the same peice.

so what cam would you recommend for this head? how about a recommendation for stock pistons and on for flycut ones.

I guess Ill go ahead and subscribe to this one since ive been watching it for a good while now. Any updates?