HE351VE on a 12 valve

more progress...

I have decided to build a set of twins with the VGT...

Here is the progress...

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4241.jpg

The Primary is an hx52 (67/71/16)

:ft:

i hope it works well. an hx52 is too small in my opinion, i'd think an s475 or s480 would work better...or on the cheaper end an HT60 or HT3B. plus, i think you'll find you will need an external wastegate to bypass the he351ve if you're going to be running 60 pounds of boost or so. if you're only looking for 400rwhp with your set up then you'll probably be ok

I think the sizing is appropriate for the power level desired and the altitude that I visit. ~500hp and 10,000'

you dont have any problems with heat from running your manifold flipped like that?
when i flipped mine it was way too close to the hood seal..

I have a heat blanket for the turbine housing (not shown,) everything has survived so far...

Same size primary as BD towing twins, they do alright up to ~500hp. :what:

Cool very cool! Guys living at low elevations think at least a s475 is needed.

After having driven setups with s475 and ht3b at high elevation i prefer a smaller twin setup (BD) the small setup is so much more driveable then bigger twins!

Where did you get that U bend? Nice!
are you keeping th heat exchanger?
Would be nice to see more pics as you make progress... see how the intercooler pipe will look like...

i know it's a 7 psi drop from sea level to 7300ft (laramie) from personal experience with the turbo spinning the same speed. i'd imagine you'd want to stick to the small side of twins. i'd install a drive pressure gauge though if you don't already have one.

you can get the piping at napa or any decent truck place (iowa 80, berubes.com, intakehoses.com)

Cool very cool! Guys living at low elevations think at least a s475 is needed.

After having driven setups with s475 and ht3b at high elevation i prefer a smaller twin setup (BD) the small setup is so much more driveable then bigger twins!

Where did you get that U bend? Nice!
are you keeping th heat exchanger?
Would be nice to see more pics as you make progress... see how the intercooler pipe will look like...

The bend came from here: http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog/mandrel-bends-34/aluminized-steel-16-gauge-55/3-00-aluminized-steel-4-00-radius-180-degree-mandrel-bend-622.html

I am keeping the heat exchanger, it gets cold where I live as well...

The intercooler pipe is unchanged from earlier pictures but I will post more as more progress is made!

Now i just need to make a primary support bracket, fab the intake, fab the exhaust, and finish the oil drain....

on a side note, do you have a cleaning hole drilled into your turbo. (i assume with a plug)? mine came with an untapped hole :bang

on a side note, do you have a cleaning hole drilled into your turbo. (i assume with a plug)? mine came with an untapped hole :bang

Yes. There is a hole drilled into the center cartage with a pipe plug in it, for cleaning...