How much is a 9 second diesel truck worth ?

DieselCharger

I know this is a pretty open question but in the diesel market there is not a lot to judge by. There is more trucks in the 9 s now so people are getting idea what it cost to build something like this maybe some input out there might help. Thanks

I know this is a pretty open question but in the diesel market there is not a lot to judge by. There is more trucks in the 9 s now so people are getting idea what it cost to build something like this maybe some input out there might help. Thanks

To sell probably not that much. Takes a ton of money to build one, but I don't think the resale is too good mainly because you really don' t know what you are getting. A 9 sec truck that is on it's last leg or whatever. I think if you could get 40 cents on the dollar for what you had into it would probably be a good sale.

Someone offered me $1,000 cash for my Junker Drag Truck the other night.... I told them to get lost!

To sell probably not that much. Takes a ton of money to build one, but I don't think the resale is too good mainly because you really don' t know what you are getting. A 9 sec truck that is on it's last leg or whatever. I think if you could get 40 cents on the dollar for what you had into it would probably be a good sale.

40 cents on the dollar and -10.00 a hour I would be happy with.

Last edited:
Me too Me too. It would be gone, I would probably even deliver it for that price

Someone offered me $1,000 cash for my Junker Drag Truck the other night.... I told them to get lost!

Blue there was a guy with a truck like yours running 14's, in way worse junker shape than yours and wanted 24k lol. All beat up with spray paint.

Just like anything else it may be worth 50k to the right person. It's only worth 10k to another. Sometimes it just takes awhile to move something.

I agree every one is different, for me building something is half the fun then driving is the other. If building is not half the fun then buying something done would be a lot better and cost effective. That is if it is done right.

As was said it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Who built it, what the performance equipment consists of, the truck's history and racing record as as well.

I'm about to pay someone to take mine! Scrap metal market is decent.

also depends on how kickin the stereo is, leather seats, tow package.......

I had my truck listed for $27,000 for quite some time, no bites. Ended up parting it out, sold the engine, roller chassis with trans, injectors, turbo , nitrous, etc... Came out above and beyond the asking price.

Good idea , it would be a bummer to part it out do the fact all the parts have been built, to work together but I know the trans I would turn around and build the same as whats in the Ram, so there's $9,000.00 and the trans has less than 20 passes on it.

Good idea , it would be a bummer to part it out do the fact all the parts have been built, to work together but I know the trans I would turn around and build the same as whats in the Ram, so there's $9,000.00 and the trans has less than 20 passes on it.

You thinking about selling the Ram?

Yes, I have it in the swap meet section. If it sells great if not that's ok. Its has 6 passes since Topeka last year . I'm at a point that I have to step up and get lic. and safety gear and then the ram need's a ballancer, and a few more little things or sell it. I don't whant to go slower but the investment right now has me on the fence of selling it. Its a shame to have just sit the garage when some buddy else can race it and go 9.?? or ?