HTTss Prostreet66

Signature600 said:
We'll compare it to my GT4088R:D:D

Chris

:eek:wned: I tried a 4x4 launch at 20psi late today. I guess I have to launch at a lower psi or on a prepared surface to get traction. It just smoked the tires and walked sideways. The 66mm version of this 'charger is INSANE.

brandon.

joefarmer said:
:eek:wned: I tried a 4x4 launch at 20psi late today. I guess I have to launch at a lower psi or on a prepared surface to get traction. It just smoked the tires and walked sideways. The 66mm version of this 'charger is INSANE.

brandon.

Remember, I'm only 63.5mm:D AND, your truck is stronger already;);)

I've never made it to 20psi, but at 15psi these hard Yoko's still hook up in 4x4...in 2wd, it's a whole nother story though:D Almost took out a fence when she went sideways:bang

Getting ready to tweak this pump some more, we'll see if I can get it running right!

Chris

i wouldent get too exited yet, heber ram has a few things to tell us about. his latest dyno runs and, all found out to be quite an eye opener. after hearing the news, i was like wow you got a lot of explaining to do. but i'll let him tell you guys. not trying to stir the pot just giving subtle hints that something backfired in HTT's court.:doh:

Huh this is news. With over 30 or so out I have not heard one negitive comment about the new housings.

DIESEL POWER said:
i wouldent get too exited yet, heber ram has a few things to tell us about. his latest dyno runs and, all found out to be quite an eye opener. after hearing the news, i was like wow you got a lot of explaining to do. but i'll let him tell you guys. not trying to stir the pot just giving subtle hints that something backfired in HTT's court.:doh:

Hmmm. So what's this earth shattering news? I don't know what could of backifired with just the addition of a SS housing.

Double J said:
Hmmm. So what's this earth shattering news? I don't know what could of backifired with just the addition of a SS housing.
WELL HE LOST OVER 100HP WITH THE TURBO, and just to prove things were accurate ther replaced the ss turbo with a silver bullet on the same day and gained like 80 hp back.................just a turbo install was the only difference.

oh yea he said that the spool up was really slow too, apparently HTT is reconfigureing a few "minor" details and they will try this turbo again in effort to regain any power and spool-up they lost.

sound like a problem?

Does anyone else notice that the person in question is not replying to any of this. I have talked to people that were there and your numbers are way off base. You dont mention the the HP lost was due to from going to the 71mm wheel from a 73mm one. Or that HTT is putting the bigger wheel in for him because he likes the turbo so well. If you are going to continue with this story please get your facts straight before bashing a company because you support the "other" one out there.

Chuck
New Era Diesel

DIESEL POWER said:
WELL HE LOST OVER 100HP WITH THE TURBO, and just to prove things were accurate ther replaced the ss turbo with a silver bullet on the same day and gained like 80 hp back.................just a turbo install was the only difference.

oh yea he said that the spool up was really slow too, apparently HTT is reconfigureing a few "minor" details and they will try this turbo again in effort to regain any power and spool-up they lost.

sound like a problem?
Proof or I am calling BS.:bs:

He lost 100hp but then gained "like" 80hp back... does that make sense? Does anything you say "like" make sense lol?

woodsrat said:
Does anyone else notice that the person in question is not replying to any of this. I have talked to people that were there and your numbers are way off base. You dont mention the the HP lost was due to from going to the 71mm wheel from a 73mm one. Or that HTT is putting the bigger wheel in for him because he likes the turbo so well. If you are going to continue with this story please get your facts straight before bashing a company because you support the "other" one out there.

Chuck
New Era Diesel

chuck, lost power is lost power period. reguardless of what wheel was in there, and my facts came from the ones that were there, straight up.

obviously you and the other "know it alls" cant read, this was only what i was told, no bashing HTT or anyone i was just letting the public know that it aint all perfect as it was once thought to be and there WAS a BIG power loss.

duke1n said:
He lost 100hp but then gained "like" 80hp back... does that make sense? Does anything you say "like" make sense lol?

neophyte, it was around 80 hp or so--what about that dont you get?:doh:

DIESEL POWER said:
chuck, lost power is lost power period. reguardless of what wheel was in there, and my facts came from the ones that were there, straight up.

obviously you and the other "know it alls" cant read, this was only what i was told, no bashing HTT or anyone i was just letting the public know that it aint all perfect as it was once thought to be and there WAS a BIG power loss.

I love how you are told something and just run with it, do you ever bother to follow up with the actual person involved before you start posting?

I guess I'll judge for myself, to much :bs: about what he said, she said. I plan to dyno with the stock housing and then the SS housing the same day once the truck is complete (for gee wiz info). *nx*

I talked to steve. He said it is a very large turbo and he couldn't spool it very well on the top end, that's why his numbers were down a little, but it cooled about 150 over his silverbullet.

Well this is what heber ram told me a couple of days ago in a PM... (hopefully he doesn't mind me posting it). I asked him about it since I'm sending my 64 back in to get the different wheel and hopefully the SS housing.

"When I tested their 66/71/16cm turbo, I saw a 150* drop in Egt's from II's silver bullet I was running. That turbo was way too much turbo for my truck, and even though it ran fine, I loss some top end power as compared to the silver bullet. Since I will be towing more now I need a quick spooling turbo, max power, and low egt's as possible. If the one I'll be testing next week 62/71/13cm cools as much as I think it will, and I know it will spool better, and provide decient power, I will be one happy camper. I think the SS housing will be the standand for the next generation of turbos, and you then will just need to determine your performance goals and uses for your truck."

great, so i hope were all on the same page now. spooling is wheel size related, top end power is wheel size and fuel related.............. if it spools slow it should have a ton of power on top, but im sure steve and HTT will get it figured out.

well now that more details have come out, it sure doesn't sound like anything at all "backfired in HTT's court" as you stated earlier, sounds like more of a fitment issue meaning the turbo was just to big for his application, or didn't work in the way he needed it to.

You sure do spread alot of inaccurate information, especially for a vendor.

It's not like there's a test for getting a domain name and calling yourself a business. There are a plethora of pseudo businesses in this hobby ran by people that couldn't break triple digits on their SAT. Buyer beware...

i need more air but am having personal disputes over which way to go.... twins or bigger single???

I can peg pyro in fourth gear if i stay in it and thats with the 64/14 and 22* timing.
I want twins but THATS LOTS OF MONEY but either way..... I NEED MORE AIR !!!!!!!!!!

what to do??

Lance