HTTss Prostreet66

Look man, I dont know anyone at NGM at all. I've spectated on many threads where I am just baffled at your public displays of... i don't know what you call it. At this point, bad business practice just begins to describe it, let alone sum it up. Seriously fellas, think about what you are saying and the business you represent. I think at heart you all are good fellas, but between this and the smarty thread your foot should be numb from all the bullets you've shot through it. Save the made up soap operas for the stay at home moms. Friendly advice. I'm nobody. But to you, I could be a paying customer.

Back on topic...

What do you guys think about this... I've been dreaming about these new housings for some time, I think I have an idea what I want, but haven't called yet. It sounds like they don't make it yet, but your opinions on: HT SS 66/71/13? Turbo sizing is not my forte', but that setup with the large wastegates on that housing could easily bleed of extra drive pressure and stabilize boost, hopefully spool quick too. I only worry about it surging back and forth more than an autistic kid after a case of Red Bull. What say you?

EDIT: BTW, nice cross bolts Ian.

Last edited:
Oh I agree and I hope it will work but who has actually measured? I'm going to hook up a gauge and test that way vs waiting for my turbo to pop :)

duke1n said:
Oh I agree and I hope it will work but who has actually measured? I'm going to hook up a gauge and test that way vs waiting for my turbo to pop :)

Let us now what you find out. I'll be running some 240Hp injectors and the Dual Stage NE kit so I'd like to measure my DP as well. I'm also going to hook up an inline boost controller for some fine tuning.

Attachments

• 2005_1006(003).JPG
    2005_1006(003).JPG
    56 KB · Views: 34
The turbo tows BEAUTIFUL!!! I towed the car home and the jeep back to the shop last night (trailer 4500#, vehicle 3000#). The only time it barked was when I let off suddenly after a 55-80mph run. It boosts up without the surging (which I thought was odd and different than the B1) and doesn't even surge going into overdrive. Temps were way down from towing with the GT42.

Dyno is Friday...

brnadon.

Amish Elegance said:
Look man, I dont know anyone at NGM at all. I've spectated on many threads where I am just baffled at your public displays of... i don't know what you call it. At this point, bad business practice just begins to describe it, let alone sum it up. Seriously fellas, think about what you are saying and the business you represent. I think at heart you all are good fellas, but between this and the smarty thread your foot should be numb from all the bullets you've shot through it. Save the made up soap operas for the stay at home moms. Friendly advice. I'm nobody. But to you, I could be a paying customer.

Back on topic...

What do you guys think about this... I've been dreaming about these new housings for some time, I think I have an idea what I want, but haven't called yet. It sounds like they don't make it yet, but your opinions on: HT SS 66/71/13? Turbo sizing is not my forte', but that setup with the large wastegates on that housing could easily bleed of extra drive pressure and stabilize boost, hopefully spool quick too. I only worry about it surging back and forth more than an autistic kid after a case of Red Bull. What say you?

EDIT: BTW, nice cross bolts Ian.

Who are you talking about?

joefarmer said:
The turbo tows BEAUTIFUL!!! I towed the car home and the jeep back to the shop last night (trailer 4500#, vehicle 3000#). The only time it barked was when I let off suddenly after a 55-80mph run. It boosts up without the surging (which I thought was odd and different than the B1) and doesn't even surge going into overdrive. Temps were way down from towing with the GT42.

Dyno is Friday...

brnadon.

What exact turbo is this

Last edited by a moderator:
joefarmer said:

Dyno is Friday...

brnadon.

Man that cam must be nice...either that or this Garrett just flat sucks!! I don't know what it is, but it just won't stop surging below 2K RPM! Temps are great, but the surge is BAD!

I'm having major second thoughts about this thing...My bet is it would be a sweet 24v VP or CR charger, but really doesn't like this 12v head!

Chris

Smokem said:
This is the point I am trying to make, this setup makes use of the larger wastegate ports. A more efficient wastegate is better used on a smaller AR turbine housing where there is less volume and spoolup will be light years faster for our application due to lack of RPM.
Not trying to come across offensive, but it already has a 13 cm housing. How much smaller do you want?

ok guys i tryed to leave this thread alone but i see that the 'kids" just cant leave well enough alone.

my comments on this turbo were very clear----------IT LOST POWER, and i wanted to inform peolple of the truth( as it took 2 weeks for anyone to say anything)...... after it was acclaimed to have been better in the power area, well here are the words straight from the man, and i quote
" One thing I recently did, was to dyno it using my currant set-up. In doing so, at top peak horse power I lost approx. 60 hp from the II silver bullet turbo 66/73/14 I had on before."

nothing else about steve or HTT was said, i hope you all can clearly see this.
now that i have hopefully made my self understood. i am done here

DIESEL POWER said:
ok guys i tryed to leave this thread alone but i see that the 'kids" just cant leave well enough alone.

my comments on this turbo were very clear----------IT LOST POWER, and i wanted to inform peolple of the truth( as it took 2 weeks for anyone to say anything)...... after it was acclaimed to have been better in the power area, well here are the words straight from the man, and i quote
" One thing I recently did, was to dyno it using my currant set-up. In doing so, at top peak horse power I lost approx. 60 hp from the II silver bullet turbo 66/73/14 I had on before."

so as long as it does well on the dyno... screw everything else... I guess matching a truck to a turbo doesn't really matter anymore.

DIESEL POWER said:

60 hp...hardly the 100 you were tossing around earlier, and while I can (sorta) agree that you did not make any derogatory comments about HTT, I think others will also agree that you were inferring that the product was inferior, Not once did you take time to look or comment about losing power because of the wheel size diffrence. I personally figured that this was the case without having any direct knowledge of this comparison, but many others may not have, and taken your comments as derogatory (they certainly came across that way.) I'm going to make this very clear, so read carefully.

Myself and others are growing tiresome of your posting habits, mis-information, and general behavior. You need to shape up and start acting like an adult or you can find yet another board to go to.

Last edited:
Smokem said:
10-blade 77mm turbine wheel and 0.85AR turbine housing? You would have been better off with a T64 10-blade big shaft Q-trim and a 0.70AR turbine housing. I have a dyno event on Saturday, results pending.

This was my first attempt at picking an oddball charger for a Cummins. Keep us informed on your results.

For my info though, what's the difference in the Q trim wheel over the 77mm?? I understand the housing difference...I wish I could get a smaller one for mine, but that's the smallest Garrett offers!

Chris

Smokem said:
No offense taken, I meant the larger wastegate ports are more efficient when using the 13cm housing, you get the aid of better spoolup with more bypassed exhaust gasses. I think if you need the LDP wheel and 16cm housing then you might just look at a larger turbocharger due to the fact that you are investing a lot of money in a turbocharger of that frame size.
I gotcha. :D

Smokem said:
Right now I am praying that all the parts get here in time. The Q-trim turbine is 68mm and the S-trim turbine is 75mm. It is too bad that you couldn't try a smaller turbine housing for the GT4088R.

Wow, that's a big difference!!

I love the way the GT4088R runs above 2K...except for all the barking when I let off, but I figure most big chargers will do that anyway! If I had a stick, or 4.10's, or both, I think I'd be in love with this thing...but an auto with 3.55's and 35", 140lb tires, it's just a bit large!

Thanks for the info,
Chris

Smokem said:
Wade(DIESEL POWER) of NGM Diesel Performance.

thanks for clearing that up for us all. you started to sound like there were others in the NGM business that have come across that way.

i do agree in a way yes this turbo did lose some power compared to the silver bullet. the way i see it is that should have been stated after the dynoing of the two. they are very different turbos to say the least, but they have been compared in other threads about this new SS turbo. so yes the new SS turbo should have a lower egt it has a larger exhaust housing, as well as it should spool slower. i think some people have gotten off track alittle in this thread, we are not comparing companies here we are comparing turbos. they just so happen to be made by different companies.

on a different note i did here that II did get the surging issue taken care of on the SPS 66 and the SB 66. so that should be another test in itself. personally i do tow quite often and i have never had a problem with surging with my SPS 66 but then again i have a six speed which dont seem to be effected by that.

so insted of comparing apples to oranges, why not take one of the new SS and build it to 66/71/14 and then test it against the new silver bullet that does not surge, before anyone goes saying one is better than the other, and making some huge useless thread about how great one is, compared to the other turbos one has run in the past.

just some thoughts. i dont plan on losing any sleep over it, do you?

the surge is more apparent on the 12v with tight autos. if you want to feel something surge, i will gladly take you a ride in mine b4 i yank this charger off. just ask lmills how bad mine has gotten after my last upgrades.

I'd be willing to bet my Garrett surges as much as any 66mm charger...my old B1 was a barking beast, but on it's worst day it couldn't touch this thing:D

Chris

Robertp said:
thanks for clearing that up for us all. you started to sound like there were others in the NGM business that have come across that way.

i do agree in a way yes this turbo did lose some power compared to the silver bullet. the way i see it is that should have been stated after the dynoing of the two. they are very different turbos to say the least, but they have been compared in other threads about this new SS turbo. so yes the new SS turbo should have a lower egt it has a larger exhaust housing, as well as it should spool slower. i think some people have gotten off track alittle in this thread, we are not comparing companies here we are comparing turbos. they just so happen to be made by different companies.

on a different note i did here that II did get the surging issue taken care of on the SPS 66 and the SB 66. so that should be another test in itself. personally i do tow quite often and i have never had a problem with surging with my SPS 66 but then again i have a six speed which dont seem to be effected by that.

so insted of comparing apples to oranges, why not take one of the new SS and build it to 66/71/14 and then test it against the new silver bullet that does not surge, before anyone goes saying one is better than the other, and making some huge useless thread about how great one is, compared to the other turbos one has run in the past.

just some thoughts. i dont plan on losing any sleep over it, do you?

To once again help the guys at NGM, I have the NEW silver bullet that is suppose to not surge. The mod that II has done did make a difference minimmizing surging running it in unloaded situtations. However, towing the surging is still there as I have an auto. Why don't you guys go spend some money and make the comparissons above. I state the facts, and if you find what I say as "some useles thread" so be it. Just some thoughts, I don't plan on losing any sleep over it either.:bang

Signature600 said:
I'd be willing to bet my Garrett surges as much as any 66mm charger...my old B1 was a barking beast, but on it's worst day it couldn't touch this thing:D

Chris

that old B1 served me well and yes it was a barking beast when you let off, but it only surged on me once in the time i ran it. that was towing up a grade with a load on in 6th gear.

the B1 was sold and has made its way back to Ohio somewhere, thanks to good old Ebay.