HTTss Prostreet66

ob1kobi said:
well now that more details have come out, it sure doesn't sound like anything at all "backfired in HTT's court" as you stated earlier, sounds like more of a fitment issue meaning the turbo was just to big for his application, or didn't work in the way he needed it to.

You sure do spread alot of inaccurate information, especially for a vendor.

well lets see, heber jumped on here telling everyone how great and wonderfull and powerfull the 'new" turbo is. and because HTT did not make the correct sizeing adjustments, it all backfired on the dyno. point blank.

what part of this is inaccurate? is it not the truth? his truck lost power flat out----no excuses. why even try to justifie this. facts are facts, weather it was from the turbo wheels not being properly tuned to the application or the dyno CF was 50 % he lost power. and then gained power by putting his "old and outdated" silver bullet on! tuning is more than just throwing a bigger turbo on and calling it good, i know my results speak for themselves, and there will be much more to talk about in the comeing few weeks:ylsuper:

Well it seems that your the only one saying that there was actually anything wrong with the turbo, everybody else who has spoken with him directly, unlike yourself, says there was nothing wrong with the turbo itself, it just didn't fit his application.

I just find it funny that you present yourself this way, especially being a vendor. This is pretty similiar to the information you posted about the TS truck, you hear things and run with them and never directly speak to those involved, yet you phrase your comments to make it sound as if you had.

Is this the way that your trying to build some credibility for yourself and your business?

funny heber still has one of the S/S turbos and is putting it back on the truck in place of the silver bullet since he can not tow his trailer without the bullet surging. LOL and his EGT's are too high to tow with also. That also is facts.

oh that's right.....they don't surge.:hehe:

I would take plain and simple good daily driving characteristics over a dyno queen any day. What good is the truck if you can not use it? Yeh, the bullet may have shown some more on the dyno, but now Heber has a truck he can not use. So in the end he will have to be the one to decide. Right now I know he is not happy.

Last edited:
ob1kobi said:
Well it seems that your the only one saying that there was actually anything wrong with the turbo, everybody else who has spoken with him directly, unlike yourself, says there was nothing wrong with the turbo itself, it just didn't fit his application.

I just find it funny that you present yourself this way, especially being a vendor. This is pretty similiar to the information you posted about the TS truck, you hear things and run with them and never directly speak to those involved, yet you phrase your comments to make it sound as if you had.

Is this the way that your trying to build some credibility for yourself and your business?

yea theres nothing "mechanically" wrong, but the point is that it was no where near what all the hype had implied. but still if a well known turbo company had sent me a beta turbo and it was that far off in left field,( due to lack of matched and well thought out parts combo) i would not have claimed it to be the worlds best of even close to it.

nothing against steve or HTT, i just think that there is too much hype with this new and yet unproven turbo, show me some data that makes sence, not saying it feels wayyyyyyyy better and then it costs you power on the dyno, go back and read the raveing reviews that the dyno could not back up or the track.

now my bussiness is built on results, everything i have ever supported HAS DONE WELL! this includes my beta and design testing. along with every truck we build and tune.

now i may be coming across like im trying to bash a person or company, but im not that is not my intent, but rather to inform people that there is another side to the story that was not even mentioned. steve i appoligise for letting this drag out so long, and hope you and HTT get it figured out.:woohoo:

lmills said:
funny heber still has one of the S/S turbos and is putting it back on the truck in place of the silver bullet since he can not tow his trailer without the bullet surging. LOL and his EGT's are too high to tow with also. That also is facts.

oh that's right.....they don't surge.:hehe:

I would take plain and simple good daily driving characteristics over a dyno queen any day. What good is the truck if you can not use it? Yeh, the bullet may have shown some more on the dyno, but now Heber has a truck he can not use. So in the end he will have to be the one to decide. Right now I know he is not happy.

and that is what really matters, being happy with what you have!
the silver bullet is not a towing turbo by any means, so to buy it for that reason is not a good thing, i agree it could be troublesome in a towing situation, although i have not had any problems with mine, i dont usally tow much.

:bang

This amazing truck of yours put down any numbers to beat lmills truck on the dyno, or outrun greyrig05's truck? Just curious how your magic touch is workin for you in recent weeks.

so your bashing all the hype associated with a "beta" turbo? :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

duke1n said:
There are a plethora of pseudo businesses in this hobby ran by people that couldn't break triple digits on their SAT. Buyer beware...
dude that would mean he couldn't "like write his name" which you get 400 points for doing correctly. but im not going to argue with the dukester LOL :hehe:

duke1n said:
Makes "sence" to me lol
I knew I couldn't have been the only one to spot that.

Now I'm going to go throw twins on a stock truck.. If it doesn't run as well as having a PDR35 on there then I'll be pissed!

well back to the topic I bought on via New Era Diesel

I love it and wouldnt change it a bit!!!!!!!! I have the polished housing so its real fancy!!

this sucker sounds like a jet! and has a good wistle thru the exhaust. top en this sucker just wants to keep on going! bottom end with the 16housing is a little laggy but I knew that was going to happen!!!!!

I love it! the temps are real nice too!!!

Ian

4-7-07053.jpg

4-7-07047.jpg

4-7-07010.jpg

Unhappy no way!

Since one II vendor is so keen on doing all the talking for me and knows all the facts, who wasn't even there, I thought I would hopefully put an end to all the rumors about my experiences with the HTT SS 66/71/16cm turbo :banned: . I would like to comment the following: The HTT SS 66/71/16cm is a very large turbo. It spools pretty good for a large turbo, runs about 150* cooler then the one I had on my truck previously, and has large wastgates to dump excess boost fast. One thing I recently did, was to dyno it using my currant set-up. In doing so, at top peak horse power I lost approx. 60 hp from the II silver bullet turbo 66/73/14 I had on before. Now some will say this isn't good? The answer to that question is were both turbos the same to compare with? the answer is no! The II silver bullet has a larger turbine wheel and a smaller exhaust housing. The HTT SS 66/71/16cm is too big for my application, and I was loosing drive pressure. This turbo is better suited for possibly a twin set-up or large truck puller where you can get it to spool better. The advantages however, is the cooler EGT's and larger wastgates, and stainless steel housing. Now with that being said, a smaller turbo, like an HTT SS 64/71/16cm or II 64/72/14 would be much better for my set-up. Since they are not available yet, I can not compare it too anything else I have tried. The other option, that I will be trying is HTT's SS 62/71/13cm. I know it will spool much faster then the II silver bullet I'm running now, and will need something like this to pull my new 5th wheel 12K + trailer. I'm hoping with the SS housing and large wastgates etc. it will lower my EGT's when pulling this heavy load. My goal is not to make the most HP out of a single,(done that been there) but to get the best combination for towing, and all around realiable power. Some people are trying to stir the pot between the two of the major turbo makers based upon my experience. Both companies have excellent products, and different applications for the consumer. I'll probably be using one from each, depending on what I will be doing ie, racing or towing or daily driver. These trubos have come a long way, and will probably continue to do so in the future. Competition, is good for you and me, and new innovations like the SS housing and larger wastgates, I believe will become the standard of tomorrow. I by no means claim to be a turbo expert, however, given the opportunity to test some, I only present the facts as they relate to my truck to help others decide what they can expect. I have no affiliation to either II or HTT being a distributor, vendor, or reseller of their products and therefore have nothing to gain by my remarks.

:thankyou2: for clearing all this up!

Diesel Power :eek:wned: again....

simple, cause when the wastegate does open you want total control over turbine speed and boost levels. With the larger wastegate it will be easier to let the engine pump the hot exhaust out more efficiently and leave more room in the cylinders for fresh air to be introduced because of less restriction. And on trucks that are running nitrous it will keep the turbine speed down and take stress off the turbo.

Smokem said:
I do not see the use for larger bypass ports in the exhaust housing unless it were to be used as an internally waste-gated secondary in a compound turbo platform. Most customers that purchase these turbos have diaphram restriction elbows to lessen the usage of the wastegate, why invest more money into a product with a better designed wastegate if you just plan on restricting it?

Yeah for the people running the bottle it's a big plus being able to bypass at it's maximum

It sounds good on paper but... who can tell me what drive pressure ratios are when using big pill(s) and relying on an internal gate to bleed off the extra exhaust gasses? I'm going to find out soon and I hope the internal gate will do the trick but somehow I think I'll end up with a big external gate or have to deal with boost/drive pressure creep.

duke1n said:
It sounds good on paper but... who can tell me what drive pressure ratios are when using big pill(s) and relying on an internal gate to bleed off the extra exhaust gasses? I'm going to find out soon and I hope the internal gate will do the trick but somehow I think I'll end up with a big external gate or have to deal with boost/drive pressure creep.

It's the next best thing unless you wanna use big tial wastegate and fab it up