i think my trucks a lemon for making power

Who did the pump work? If a stock lift pump can maintain 20psi at WOT I suspect you aren't getting the full 628ccs from the injection pump :confused:

Why not twins? That you get you boost and flow and sooner.

Definitely sounds fuel pressure related. Get a better fuel system and a ofv from tork tek. I ordered the "race valve" for 26 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone during class

Truck weighs 5730 with a 1/4 tank of fuel, and the max flow was with full cuts. 181's probably bring it down quite a bit. Okay looks like I'm ordering a fass 220.

Jeez, you like your big single turbos don't you? S400 on the 12v and A5K on the Mega haha. My .02 is don't give it fuel before you can burn it. And if you never clean up, I would say you need more air rather than more fuel. What's your drive pressure doing at those boost levels? Ever think about a S364/S480 twin set?

This might be a dumb question, but are you sure you aren't maxing the dyno?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

My vote is lift pump fuel pressure is the culprit. I myself have lift pump fuel pressure problems and I'm force feeding the stock mechanical pump with 14 psi from a 140 GPH Holley Black knock-off pump.

I couldn't quite get to 500 HP with the stock lift pump so I can only imagine how low your fuel pressure in the p7100 must be if you're squeezing 585 HP out of it.

how is a s472 not pushin out enough air tho? thats what i dont understand, everyone says twins but i no people makin 700 on 66's my 72 should flow a **** load more air. this is the least of my worries now my tranny is ****ed up dies when u put it in gear and is shifting all over the place and locks in OD at 20

how is a s472 not pushin out enough air tho? thats what i dont understand, everyone says twins but i no people makin 700 on 66's my 72 should flow a **** load more air. this is the least of my worries now my tranny is ****ed up dies when u put it in gear and is shifting all over the place and locks in OD at 20

On my VE, I can easily flood the turbo at low RPM's and not help it light until 3-400 rpms later.

Adjust the AFC a bit maybe?

i would also say tighten up your afc spring. to me it seems like your fuel is coming on too early and flooding the turbo. i know i have a 24v, but i can clear up 600 cc's of fuel with a 66 mm turbo. my fuel doesnt really come on til around 15 psi of boost. i just turned up the pre-boost a little to be able to take off from a stop.

My guess is your not turning enough rpm. That charger on a supra at a quarter of the boost would be insane.

Would like to see what drive is like at 70psi boost.

Last edited:
he has an ex gate that would limit it to 55 but gained some hp when he shut it and made 70.. its a billit 472/83/.90 and hes not turning high rpm so backpressure shouldnt be a huge issue.
it made enough power to eat his tranny since yesterday so that is the next issue.. bummer ryan.

Ryan, when you dyno are you just saying go and stomping on the pedal or are you rolling into it? If you have tried rolling into the pedal with say a three count, that would almost eliminate the question of bringing in the fuel too early.

I think "air before fuel" or "proper fuel presentation" is the term Ponci uses and he seemed to do pretty well with a 160 pump and a s364... If you took it up there to him he could try so tuning tricks while he fixed that transmission if you wanted.

Also what pump was it originally? If it was a 215 you might need more timing to combat the timing retard.

adam i think its just the governor solenoid, hopefully.

derek im just stompin it but im building 30 psi of boost before we start the run, so the second i stomp it its at max boost, so i dont see how the fuel could be ahead of it. unless im not understanding lol. and its a 215 pump i had it at 30* timing and made 550, but i went down to 25* for winter since it started likin ether at 30*.

you might think about sticking the afc back together to see what happens.. our friends that you keep talking about making over 700 have complete afc's with springs and plates in.. you also have to remember how much time they spent from the high 5xx to get to 700+ on tuning on the dyno.. some things were like moving the plate back .020 and making 34 more hp.. more fuel isn't always better.. i agree with getting it to the track. that will tell the real story..
i hope its something easy in the tranny..

but how do i lose 200 hp by putting a 100 plate 3/4 way forward, thats insane.

Back