I want shop pictures..

Looks sandy there. These moreless flat pitched roofs look funny to me. I guess if it didn't snow where you are then the higher pitch isn't needed.

ba4e6yme.jpg

adareby6.jpg

Here's a couple of mine. 50x40. Nothing really special on the inside, but I will get ya some shots tomorrow.

sharp looking shop first one with a damned roof!

Looks good Travis

Thanks brother. Just got my final electrical the other day, and the final from the building inspector is coming today. Sucks running out of money.

Looks sandy there. These moreless flat pitched roofs look funny to me. I guess if it didn't snow where you are then the higher pitch isn't needed.

At my place? It's pretty sandy. I'm pretty far east and we do get snow, just not as much as the mountains.

sharp looking shop first one with a damned roof!

Thanks. I think it turned out great. The roof is trussed. I really like the patio on the east side. Makes it nice when I am to lazy to walk over to my other patio. :hehe:

ba4e6yme.jpg

adareby6.jpg

Here's a couple of mine. 50x40. Nothing really special on the inside, but I will get ya some shots tomorrow.

Love the big doors thats on thing I know about my building it will have at least one 12x14/16 garage door that way i can back the camper and truck in.

If you are going shingles I would do a radiant barrier roof also spray foam in the walls. Thas stuff makes a big difference.

Thanks brother. Just got my final electrical the other day, and the final from the building inspector is coming today. Sucks running out of money.

At my place? It's pretty sandy. I'm pretty far east and we do get snow, just not as much as the mountains.

Thanks. I think it turned out great. The roof is trussed. I really like the patio on the east side. Makes it nice when I am to lazy to walk over to my other patio. :hehe:

I like it man looks good. Little smaller than what i have in mind but very sharp. I am hopin to have lots of covered out door seating... i my self like to have a cold one with out walking across the drive way! ha ha

Those of yall that have an in shop Apt.. Did yall rough in the drains for the facilities before you poured the slab or were you able to add them later??

When I build mine it will be pipped before the slab pour. Nothing worse than having to cut up a brand new concrete floor to put some plumbing in.

dont let this thread die! lots of good talk and pictures here!

gotta be a few more guys with shops out there!

Has anyone put up a future steel building? I got a quote the other day for one that is 40 x 56 x 21. Pretty good price IMO 25000 delivered. Insulation package to R20 is 12300.
What do you guys think?

That sounds like a good price to me, especially since you have a large snow load up there I assume. What pitch roof, how many openings, etc? All of those items make quite a bit of difference in cost of buildings.

It is what they call a x style,, 3 sides,, nothing in the front. We actually dont get a really heavy snow load here,, only every 10 years or so,, michigan and wisconsin probably get 10x the amount of snow we do.

seems like a reasonable price to me.. you never really realize how expensive insulation is until you look at it.

Three sides for that kind of money seems high to me. I shop them rather often on EBay, granted those are mostly stripped units, low snow loads and low pitched roofs, although 21' tall is an odd height, they can be had for 18-25k depending on options.

When building a shop, what is better, doing a 1 or 2 foot foundation wall, or just a slab?

When building a shop, what is better, doing a 1 or 2 foot foundation wall, or just a slab?

i would say a footing and foundation for sure. depending on size and where your located, what kind of sub-grade is there would determine the foundation wall height.