Ideas

DieselGirli

Makin Diesel Pink
I need some ideas and help with what I should be putting on a 98 24V? Nothing too extreme, program, intake, exhaust, not sure what else? Throw em out there guys, I'm open to anything!!!

Thank you!!!!!

That's not exactly what I was gonna go for....

Dice really aren't my style.....

Think about a turbo upgrade...

Street truck?

Bigger Sticks...

or Trans upgrade...

If you describe what your plans are with the truck, we can help you out, otherwise were just taking stabs in the dark...

Well jeeze.

Let me re-phrase :

"Open to anything besides pink fuzzy dice!"

It's gonna stay a daily driver, just with a little extra fun. Maybe take a stab at the drags once in awhile. I just want some stuff that I can show off a little bit when I get into town every now and again!

Edge juice with attitude, airdog or fass, 90hp sticks, silver 62, and the necessary trans upgrades.

First off, invest in transmission and converter upgrades......

cause no upgrade aint worth chit, if the power don't get to the ground.:rules:

Check and see if you have a 53 block..........

Ditch the edge juice for a drag comp and a good set of mechanical gauges and ditch the silver 62 for a sps 62. I've run that combo. Fun as hell.

If you don't want to do tranny upgrades but want a fun, reliable, 300rwhp, good MPG then do an edge ez and rv275 injectors. Won't hurt the tranny, be totally reliable, easy on the injection pump, no smoke, and get some nice mileage (I was getting 20mpg with this). Those were the best mod combo I've ever tried. Stock turbo handled it with ease. I do recommend a good fuel system. An airdog or raptor setup.

As far as tranny upgrades, if your not looking for more than 350-400hp then a valvebody upgrade and a little common sense is all you will ever need for that tranny.

Good advice on checking for the 53 block.

Afe stage 2 with a pro guard 7. 4" mbrb 304ss exhaust single rear exit. Airdog or a fass also. That should set you back about 1800 bucks for now.

Why stainless steel exhaust? Get aluminized. Much cheaper and will more than likely outlast the truck. Even in colorado.

Better yet, just straight pipe the factory system and use the money you save for a valve body.No need for a fancy expensive air intake either, I still have the stock airbox on mine with just a drop in K-N. Use the saved money there for a fuel system..

Fass/Air Dog
Cold Air Intake
Exhaust
Quadzilla Adrenaline/Gauges
ARP Studs
Hamilton Valve Springs
Tranny upgrade/rebuild with triple disc converter, valvebody, flexplate, billet input shaft
90 hp injectors
62/65/12 Turbo

That setup will give you around 400 hp and be easy to daily drive and have fun with.

And cost you about $7000+. For that tranny rebuild you might as well skip the 62/65/12 and 90hp injectors and go for the 66 turbo and 200hp injectors and shoot for the moon and 600hp.

Why do people go for a flexplate upgrade on very mild 2nd gen builds? The 2nd gen flexplates hold up 10x better than the 3rd gen's and really aren't needed. I know of several mid to high 12sec 2nd gen's on stock flexplates with zero issues. They really aren't worth the money unless your going for balls to the wall power.

Studs are a waste of money IMO on anything under 500hp and 45psi of boost. Your stock setup will hold just fine with no worries. Just don't got WOT till the thermostat opens. Even studs and o-rings won't save your ass in that situation.

Valve springs are the same. Good idea but definitely not needed for anything under 500hp and 45psi of boost.