Ideas

I need some ideas and help with what I should be putting on a 98 24V? Nothing too extreme, program, intake, exhaust, not sure what else? Throw em out there guys, I'm open to anything!!!

Thank you!!!!!

Hey, here is what you do. Just drive it. Don't do anything until you've put some miles on your truck and bonded with it. Then check back. I have a great formula I would be willing to share with you because you joined the football league. :)

This is the best advice yet. No offense to everyone who posted...but until you drive your truck and get a feel for her, you wont really know what you want. While all the ideas given to you are not at all bad, but they me be over kill for what it is you're wanting. Just my 2 cents. Oh...and I would trust Jeff's formula...he knows the cummins pretty damn good, and would bet it would be a reliable set up for you...

This is the best advice yet. No offense to everyone who posted...but until you drive your truck and get a feel for her, you wont really know what you want. While all the ideas given to you are not at all bad, but they me be over kill for what it is you're wanting. Just my 2 cents. Oh...and I would trust Jeff's formula...he knows the cummins pretty damn good, and would bet it would be a reliable set up for you...

Thanks Josh:)

Oh... also, I would never lie to a woman unles she forced me too. :hehe:

Okay, first off...I know i am gonna get so much chit for this that I am super embarrassed to even say this, so I am gonna paint a picture first....

I found the truck online listed as a 24v. It had the mirrors too, so I assumed it was. my boyfriend went and looked at it, bought it etc.... I finally got to drive it yesterday (i didn't see it in person until then since my boyfriend took it to work that night) and ummmmm....its a 12v oops!!! :nail:

so go ahead and tell me what a blonde that I really am, cuz i definitely deserve it lol.:lolly:

and any new new suggestions now that we have established that its a 12v? lol

KDP!!!

Some timing and a GSK/Plate/AFC mods and tuning will give you a nice driving truck.

You've been around long enough. You should know the supporting mods.

A good VB and drive sane and your tranny should be ok.

LOL Blondie

Like Nick said, kill the kdp, bump the timing to 16*, put a 4k GSK kit in it, mod the afc and tune it, put a vb in the tranny, and you'll have a fun truck.

:evil:evil .......12 valve's are god's gift to this earth, you have chosen wisely

you can get ALMOST 400 HP with virtually free mods. the first time i dyno'ed my truck all i had was:

4'' exhaust
no air filter (for dyno only)
pinned wastegate
no plate/AFC

my numbers were 375/ no torque reading

it was HOT HOT HOT though, pyro was buried for about 10 seconds.

BUT, on the street it was very reliable and didnt get hot unless i was WFO

Raptor 150, straight pipe it, Torque converter, shift kit, then Quadzilla adrenaline .

Scratch that.....

I have no idea about 12vs.

12 valves dont need anything more than the factory lift pump.

Okay, first off...I know i am gonna get so much chit for this that I am super embarrassed to even say this, so I am gonna paint a picture first....

I found the truck online listed as a 24v. It had the mirrors too, so I assumed it was. my boyfriend went and looked at it, bought it etc.... I finally got to drive it yesterday (i didn't see it in person until then since my boyfriend took it to work that night) and ummmmm....its a 12v oops!!! :nail:

so go ahead and tell me what a blonde that I really am, cuz i definitely deserve it lol.:lolly:

and any new new suggestions now that we have established that its a 12v? lol

You've got 686 posts and you are asking these questions? What do you post about normally? Spending a little bit too much time on here teasing men than reading about trucks.. eh?

She's a Ford girl with minimum Dodge experience. Post count doesn't stand for intelligence. Obviously...

and she buys a dodge sight unseen over the internet and doesn't even know what engine it has... women.
One quick way to prove yourself to be an idiot? Speaking in sweeping generalizations... Especially when said sweeping generalizations are sexist, racist, etc...

I'm just saying.

BTW, if you are tying to build "cred" on here insulting longtime members we like won't get you far, n00b.

One quick way to prove yourself to be an idiot? Speaking in sweeping generalizations... Especially when said sweeping generalizations are sexist, racist, etc...

I'm just saying.

BTW, if you are tying to build "cred" on here insulting longtime members we like won't get you far, n00b.

i get on here to kill time