Important Announcement!!!!!! Read!!!

My $.02 for what it's worth, I would love to see the drag racing rescheduled for late August or even better first couple weeks of September. I say this because of the NHRDA finals being held in Topeka on Sept 25th and those of us coming from far away could potentially make both events that way. That is a purely selfish suggestion on my part, because I so what to make the TS race with our truck. In any event, we'll support what ever is decided and try and make the event.

Again Tim, cancelling the drags is a huge schedule change!!!!

If there were some way for those racers/vendors/spectators to still race and get the exposure that they have been busting their butts to finish their trucks for they would be happier... As far as budgets, getting the vendors and racers to spend $ for 4 hours of fuel versus another complete weekend of racing is a lot cheaper!!!

I actually know of some trucks that are planning on going to Steele to run instead of going up to Franklin for the pulls... these guys have a pulling truck and several trucks they were going to drag so they are considering skipping the pulls and just go drag racing even if it is not an actual "race"... I'm sure there are others that are thinking the same thing. I have read on here that a lot of guys are not coming now without the drags, I just made a suggestion to try to help keep these teams/racers/spectators/fans in play...

You guys have been there and done that, so I was just making some out of the box suggestions that I though might help... If it is impossible, it is impossible... Either way, I'll be there to cover the event.

Just point me in the right direction and tell me when it all starts and I'll be there!!!

Chris, if there was a track close by, and by close by I mean within an hour and a half, it may be feasible, but there is not another track that close that has an open date or is long enough to put 150MPH prostreet trucks and 200MPH dragsters on. Again... I have been there when $hit goes south and plans are made in haste trying to accomodate everyone and you wind up with a 2nd rate event........... The Perrys do not want to put on a cobbled together event. That is the reason to circle back up after the waters have receded and do the race another time. As far as those staying home, it is not fair to put on a half-assed dragrace and ask them to participate either. I have talked to plenty of race teams over the past 24 hours, and while they are disappointed, they are stoked that the race will be re-scheduled.....

And when that race does happen, the truck count may be off a few compared to what it could have been, but it will still be bigger than any other event we have seen, and it will be done 1st class.

Hey, my son and I will be there shooting the event... Maybe the drag race guys can bring their rigs up and enter the Show-n-Shine!!!

I know several of them would do well in the Show-n-Shine competition!!! Come on guys, bring the racer up there for the show, you already budgeted for the trip anyway, and if you enter the show, I guarentee you won't break any parts!!!!

We'll see you all there!!!

Luckily I am going for the sled pulling and just to see some nice trucks and hangout with you cool people...

Is this mother nature telling us shes mad about all the smoke we blow?

:st: :Cheer:

"Show & Shine"!!!

Chris, Dude!!! :doh:

I know you mean well but you may have "Jumped the Shark" with that one!!! LOL

Might be a good idea for me though!! :lolly:
Since I can't seem to keep my chit runnig long enough to make it to a race!

"Show & Shine"!!!

Chris, Dude!!! :doh:

I know you mean well but you may have "Jumped the Shark" with that one!!! LOL

Phil Taylor and Jeff Garmon FTW in the show N' shine LOL

I actually know of some trucks that are planning on going to Steele to run instead of going up to Franklin for the pulls... these guys have a pulling truck and several trucks they were going to drag so they are considering skipping the pulls and just go drag racing even if it is not an actual "race"... I'm sure there are others that are thinking the same thing. I have read on here that a lot of guys are not coming now without the drags, I just made a suggestion to try to help keep these teams/racers/spectators/fans in play...

Chris I talked to the same person you're talking about yesterday.. They also told me that the Pull truck most likely wasn't going to be ready for the Pulls this weekend.

We are all disappointed by the cancellation on the Drag Race, but it will be rescheduled. Then you can get plenty of pictures of my truck:cheer:! See you Friday Chris!

Purely a suggestion, but if you could re-schedule the race on a date when you could have a 2nd pull at Franklin I'm sure the pullers wouldn't complain...

I'm speaking out of turn here, but I'd say when the Drag Race is rescheduled it will only be a one day event. Hey who knows though?

I say have the races in the streets Man, Burn that town DOWN. i watched 30 days of nights and we need to just hit BG like a freight train, yall talking to much

LETS DO IT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry to hear it is cancelled. I know many around BG are having to clean up where creeks and rivers flooded roads as well as businesses and homes. Even though I had my hopes up to see the drags I will still be at the pulls to support a local business and to display a positive image for the diesel world.

Like others have said, Franklin is a small town, so make sure you have a DD.

Jponder: :badidea:I have several buddies that are Sherrifs, State Police and BGPD, they will be writing tickets for blacking out the roads. Someone also told me that Franklin isnt going to tolerate excessive smoke in the streets either, as someone has been blacking out the square. I have preached this at cumminsforum but you guys seem to have your stuff together better over here.

Hope everyone has a good safe time.:rockwoot:

Last edited:
We got to meet Dennis and Sheila last year; You will never find 2 nicer more humble or hard working people anywere!
Besides instead of 1 awesome TS event theres gonna be 2 awesome TS events this year!:rockwoot:

Sorry to hear it is cancelled. I know many around BG are having to clean up where creeks and rivers flooded roads as well as businesses and homes. Even though I had my hopes up to see the drags I will still be at the pulls to support a local business and to display a positive image for the diesel world.

Like others have said, Franklin is a small town, so make sure you have a DD.

Jponder: I have several buddies that are Sherrifs, State Police and BGPD, they will be writing tickets for blacking out the roads. Someone also told me that Franklin isnt going to tolerate excessive smoke in the streets either, as someone has been blacking out the square. I have preached this at cumminsforum but you guys seem to have your stuff together better over here.

Hope everyone has a good safe time.:rockwoot:

Thanks.

BTW, Jponder is just funnin'... he is our resident uprising organizer. LOL
None of the local authorities are gonna tolerate foolishness. those who choose to act like tards will be treated as such.

Thanks.

BTW, Jponder is just funnin'... he is our resident uprising organizer. LOL
None of the local authorities are gonna tolerate foolishness. those who choose to act like tards will be treated as such.

After reading a few of ponders posts in other threads I can definitely see that I didnt pick up on his sarcasm a few posts up haha. Hope you guys have fun over at Wha Bahs, they have some good eatin there.

Yes they Do... Perky's bunch can make a fine meal.

:Jponder: :badidea:I have several buddies that are Sherrifs, State Police and BGPD, they will be writing tickets for blacking out the roads. Someone also told me that Franklin isnt going to tolerate excessive smoke in the streets either, as someone has been blacking out the square.

Won't be me, DPF and Cat are still in tact.:rockwoot:

I know it stinks that this happened, but I think there could possibly be a better turn out for racers later because this gives more time for everyone to get their projects buttoned up. And the show and shine deal, I thought about it, but I can be making test passes instead which are greatly needed. I can't say it looks cool now either because it is all sanded down waiting for paint in the morning. LOL Best of luck to the pullers, and I hope eberyone has a great time!