Important Announcement!!!!!! Read!!!

Wow amazing pictures, hate to see this. BB is such a nice place.

I can't believe some people are foolish enough to think this race could still be held if the water drained....it appears it could be many weeks if not months before BB is able to be used again.

Agree'd. SAD

I hope everyone is ok. The first time I looked at the pics, I didn't realize the water was that high there. IIRC, 11 people in TN have died due to this storm. Although it breaks my heart to think of people's houses and property lost, anything can be replaced other than your life. I'll still be there and hope to drink plenty of beers with you guys.
God Bless
Joe

Poop.

I have until tomorrow to cancel my room. I'll wait.
Maybe this is a bad dream or something.

Damn, not a bad dream.
I canceled. I am a little sad.:(

I just can't find the motivation. :doh:

There is no one more disappointed than Sheila and I.

So sorry to hear this Dennis and Sheila. I hope you guys can still make it to Colorado for Truck Fest, because I am looking forward to spending some time with you.

Our thoughts and prayers here in Colorado are with all the folks who have lost homes, and whos lives have been upended by this flooding.

Is there no other tracks that are close by to use for drag racing? I mean you could change it to mud drags. 200 ft of mud in 5 seconds sounds fun.

Is there no other tracks that are close by to use for drag racing? I mean you could change it to mud drags. 200 ft of mud in 5 seconds sounds fun.

Nope, that's the only 1/4 mile track near by. The other tracks are 1/8 mile, and not enough room for the pro-stock guys to stop...

Mud racing does sound fun though...LOL

Trust us we've gone over every available Scenario. And to do it right we need a 1/4 Mile track. The closest one is 2 to 2-1/2 hours away.

Trust us we've gone over every available Scenario. And to do it right we need a 1/4 Mile track. The closest one is 2 to 2-1/2 hours away.

2 to 2.5 hours isn't that bad... especially if the timeline for the pulls is not being moved up!

I say go drag then pull or move the start time of the pull up so that it doesn't drag on late into the night as it has in the past... 'Cause it will suck to only have the pulls and still not get done until 2-4 AM!!!

2 to 2.5 hours isn't that bad... especially if the timeline for the pulls is not being moved up!

I say go drag then pull or move the start time of the pull up so that it doesn't drag on late into the night as it has in the past... 'Cause it will suck to only have the pulls and still not get done until 2-4 AM!!!

We are going to have the drags later this year, Chris. There is no way we can do both events with a 2-1/2 - 3 hour distance between them. We have vendors to consider and the fact that it would be next to impossible to change a venue this close and get the word out.

We are pulling two nights with two sleds. So I dont think we will be looking at the late night time. Sorry you think it sucks.

How about this... Drag race at Steele, AL or some other local 1/4-mile track on Friday ALL DAY and into the evening for eliminations, with no pulls on Friday. Then pack up and go to Franklin, KY on Saturday and pull all day with the quals starting at 10 or so in the morning then start the eliminations in the late afternoon/early evening!!!

This could work and wouldn't be that impossible to make happen and it would give all the drag guys a place to run their stuff that they have been working so hard on for the last few months!!! It would actually be easier for the spectators and teams to have drags for one full day and pulls for one full day too. Much easier than having both on both days as was originally planned...

What about it, would anyone be game for something like this and is there any way it could happen??? I am sure another track would work with you guys to help out in this time of need. I would also think the insurance company would also work with you on a venue relocation...

Come on guys, we still have a couple days, can't this be worked out to still fit it all in and make TS 2010 as glorious as it was originally intended?!?!?!?!

If there is something I can do to help, let me know...

No offense, but after running race control @ TS and several other events in the last several years, your math wont work. There is simply not enough time. The pulls wont lat until 2-4. That is the reason for going to a 2 day pull. Have you been paying attention to the changes made for the event this year?

For me it would be tough to get the CEO to let me have more money for fuel to drive an additional 2 to 2.5 hours to see racing. Not to mention having to set up and tear down that many times...good lord makes me tired just thinking about it. IMO, Dennis and Sheila did the right thing, and cancle the racing aspect, and re-run it at a later time this year once things get back to normal... :Cheer: I think you have your mind in the right place, but just dont see that being a feasable action...

We are going to have the drags later this year, Chris. There is no way we can do both events with a 2-1/2 - 3 hour distance between them. We have vendors to consider and the fact that it would be next to impossible to change a venue this close and get the word out.

We are pulling two nights with two sleds. So I dont think we will be looking at the late night time. Sorry you think it sucks.

Shiela, I think you mis-read my post... I said it would suck to end at 2-4 AM if we don't need to start late... In other words, if we are not drag racing then we could start earlier and avoid pulling into the wee hours of the night. Daylight pulls make for much better photography and better photography makes your event look better to our readers and will help to draw even more spectators to future events... I hope it doesn't run late, I was just saying it would be a bummer if it did...

That's cool that you guys are gonna have drags later... I look forward to covering it too. See you in a few days...

How about this... Drag race at Steele, AL or some other local 1/4-mile track on Friday ALL DAY and into the evening for eliminations, with no pulls on Friday. Then pack up and go to Franklin, KY on Saturday and pull all day with the quals starting at 10 or so in the morning then start the eliminations in the late afternoon/early evening!!!

This could work and wouldn't be that impossible to make happen and it would give all the drag guys a place to run their stuff that they have been working so hard on for the last few months!!! It would actually be easier for the spectators and teams to have drags for one full day and pulls for one full day too. Much easier than having both on both days as was originally planned...

What about it, would anyone be game for something like this and is there any way it could happen??? I am sure another track would work with you guys to help out in this time of need. I would also think the insurance company would also work with you on a venue relocation...

Come on guys, we still have a couple days, can't this be worked out to still fit it all in and make TS 2010 as glorious as it was originally intended?!?!?!?!

If there is something I can do to help, let me know...

I'm sure the fans, vendors and pullers/racers that want to watch both events wouldn't mind driving 4+ hours between events, not to mention hotels, etc....

I'm sure everyone thinks it is just as simple as picking up the phone and making a few calls, but trust me, it is not. You simply cannot change all off this in 3 days..... besides this aint drag week. No need to drive all over creation.

The races will be re-scheduled as soon as Dennis and Dallas get a chance to have a sit down and figure out a date.

I know you are all about having sunlight so you can take pictures or whatever, but many of those very trucks you want to take pictures of are on a timeframe and it is not fair to ask them to change schedules this late in the game.

Shiela, I think you mis-read my post... I said it would suck to end at 2-4 AM if we don't need to start late... In other words, if we are not drag racing then we could start earlier and avoid pulling into the wee hours of the night. Daylight pulls make for much better photography and better photography makes your event look better to our readers and will help to draw even more spectators to future events... I hope it doesn't run late, I was just saying it would be a bummer if it did...

That's cool that you guys are gonna have drags later... I look forward to covering it too. See you in a few days...

Chris,

Did you take a look at the schedule? Do you know how the pull will be setup?

If you did, you would realize that we wont be pulling into the night, unless something unforseen happens. No amount of crying about daylight is going to change the schedule that has been laid out for months, so If I were you, I'd find another cause to take up..... you are beginning to sound like a broken record, and while the Perrys see your point, and understand where you are coming from, Changing a schedule to make pictures better is about retarded.

X2

I feel for all that have lost lives/family in the area. I also feel for those that have spent alot of time, money, blood, sweat, and tears to try and make this event successfull. Having planned pulls that have been rained out, I know what it's like (on a much smaller scale) and what asshats will do or say that don't make it any better.

That being said, when alcohol is involved and things get cancelled, there seems to be an increased amount of mischief (Idol hands are the devils playground/workshop). I've had to deal with many asshats at pulls that are cancelled midway through or last minute due to rain and it's no fun. I know security has been increase and no tolerance policy is in place, but that was based on events going on taking up people's time.

I know in the past due to having all the events and not wanting to have a big overlap, the pulls were later on in the day. The one big complaint that often was publically posted was the pulls ran too ate. Now there is a chance to have them run sooner which would curb that criticism and allow more "sun" time for sponsors, magazines, etc.

As someone stated earlier, you could even do a 2WD class and/or a "powerpuff" pull to "fill the gaps".

I know someone mentioned Monday morning quarterbacks, but giving information prior to the game should be Saturday night quarterbacks.

I know I prefer input before a pull vs. coulda/shoulda/woulda's after a pull.

Whatever is decided, Good Luck and sorry for your "loss".

Chris,

Did you take a look at the schedule? Do you know how the pull will be setup?

If you did, you would realize that we wont be pulling into the night, unless something unforseen happens. No amount of crying about daylight is going to change the schedule that has been laid out for months, so If I were you, I'd find another cause to take up..... you are beginning to sound like a broken record, and while the Perrys see your point, and understand where you are coming from, Changing a schedule to make pictures better is about retarded.

Come on Tim, obviously this schedule has been thrown all out of wack with the flood...

But not taking editorial coverage of an event into consideration would be retarded... the number of readers reached by the magazines that will be there on hand to cover the event will greatly exceed the number of spectators on hand, and the editorial value for the sponsors, promoter and vendors can't/shouldn't be overlooked...

I made a couple simple suggestions that I thought might help, that was all they were is suggestions, if they want to use the suggestions cool, if not thats cool too. Believe me I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade!!! I want this event to turn out as good as possible and the guys I've talked to that were gonna bag it, I've tried to talk into still coming, hopefully they will.

This crazy weather we had really sucks, and I wish that it didn't effect sooooo many people!!! I was just trying to make some suggestions to make the best lemonade from the lemons we've all be dealt...

Come on Tim, obviously this schedule has been thrown all out of wack with the flood...

But not taking editorial coverage of an event into consideration would be retarded... the number of readers reached by the magazines that will be there on hand to cover the event will greatly exceed the number of spectators on hand, and the editorial value for the sponsors, promoter and vendors can't/shouldn't be overlooked...

I made a couple simple suggestions that I thought might help, that was all they were is suggestions, if they want to use the suggestions cool, if not thats cool too. Believe me I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade!!! I want this event to turn out as good as possible and the guys I've talked to that were gonna bag it, I've tried to talk into still coming, hopefully they will.

This crazy weather we had really sucks, and I wish that it didn't effect sooooo many people!!! I was just trying to make some suggestions to make the best lemonade from the lemons we've all be dealt...

Other than not having a dragrace, the schedule has not changed.... the pulls have not been effected in any way, so in other words, it is not like the pictures would change. While I agree that daylight is optimal, moving an entire schedule around 3 days before go-time is not a smart move. Too many folks/teams have plans in in place to pull Friday and Saturday night, not some other time and asking them to change said plans 3 days before an event is not exactly fair to those participants... not to mention having to change the infrastructure (track workers, food vendors, parking personnel, PA/electronics folks, announcers, security, port-o-let cleaners, etc, etc.) that have to be in place to pull that pull in Franklin off.

I understand your ideas, and they could possibly work for a smaller event, but I know what has been done in the last 6-7 months for this thing, and changing it right now wont work, unless you wanna piss off alot of folks.

I'm sure the fans, vendors and pullers/racers that want to watch both events wouldn't mind driving 4+ hours between events, not to mention hotels, etc....

I'm sure everyone thinks it is just as simple as picking up the phone and making a few calls, but trust me, it is not. You simply cannot change all off this in 3 days..... besides this aint drag week. No need to drive all over creation.

The races will be re-scheduled as soon as Dennis and Dallas get a chance to have a sit down and figure out a date.

I know you are all about having sunlight so you can take pictures or whatever, but many of those very trucks you want to take pictures of are on a timeframe and it is not fair to ask them to change schedules this late in the game.

Again Tim, cancelling the drags is a huge schedule change!!!!

If there were some way for those racers/vendors/spectators to still race and get the exposure that they have been busting their butts to finish their trucks for they would be happier... As far as budgets, getting the vendors and racers to spend $ for 4 hours of fuel versus another complete weekend of racing is a lot cheaper!!!

I actually know of some trucks that are planning on going to Steele to run instead of going up to Franklin for the pulls... these guys have a pulling truck and several trucks they were going to drag so they are considering skipping the pulls and just go drag racing even if it is not an actual "race"... I'm sure there are others that are thinking the same thing. I have read on here that a lot of guys are not coming now without the drags, I just made a suggestion to try to help keep these teams/racers/spectators/fans in play...

You guys have been there and done that, so I was just making some out of the box suggestions that I though might help... If it is impossible, it is impossible... Either way, I'll be there to cover the event.

Just point me in the right direction and tell me when it all starts and I'll be there!!!