Inline ISUZU into Ford almost complete!!

I would love to make it out to TS but I still dont have the injection pump back from Sheid yet. I could definately see an all night thrash and drive to TS if I had it back in time though. I appreciate the comments guys and would love to start showing this thing in person since so many have wanted to see it.

I did wind up changing the brake idea again, I have installed dual master cylinders by willwood in the original location for a very compact setup. I only need to finish the shift linkage on my new ididit steering column and install the new lift pump setup and I should be ready to run minus the injection pump of course.

I have been telling people to call Erik @ sheid diesel and let him know its not just me wanting the pump back LOL. J/K

As quick as you fab, that pump could be 'turn-key' in less than 6 hours.... Today is only Thursday, TS could be done!

it is 9:30and it isn't running yet are you getting slow in your old age.HaHa

Dale

LOL you guys are funny. The pics were actually taken by Eric @ sheid diesel right after he finished assembling it. I should have it tomorrow afternoon. I like the sound of 6 hours, if thats the case I will be driving it by tomorrow night. The ups guy usually gets here around 3pm so hopefully I will be cruising by midnight, more likely sometime saturday though.

I wish I could make it to TS though, I would love to meet some of you guys, heck I would probably let some of you take the truck for a spin just so I could get some opinions on it.

This sucks, at least I am finally getting it dont though.

ok, ya gott'a tell me why it would take you longer than 6 hours to mount the pump and turn the key....

I dont know, I guess I'm just nervous, I have never installed one of these pumps and dont want to screw anything up so I want to take my time and do it right the first time. I would imagine I could get it dont within 6 hours with no problem but you never know. I want to do it like I did the first time I installed this engine, I had the camera on and on the first try it fired right up with no problems then I took it for a drive, I have a couple videos on youtube of it.

I plan on doing the same thing this time, either it starts the first time or it doesnt, I would feel kinda silly for it not to start on the first try.

I agree with ya 100%...... but I got'a give ya a had time. If you were slow or stupid I would'a left ya alone. LOL

LOL thanks HAHA. I hope it fires the first time or I really will catch some **** from alot of people LOL.

Damn I wanna see a vid of this thing up and runnin, I bet that little Isuzu sill sound Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

They can build it to 850cc if you want. I obviously dont need anywhere near thats I basicly had two choices for the price I was trying to stay around and the performance I needed ( haha needed, funny) 600cc and 370cc, I chose the 370cc and let common sense prevail instead of my need for more power.

I think 370cc will get me around just fine in my little 3860 pound ride, only time will tell LOL. I also still need to send off my injectors but I am thinking of buying a good used set off a guy I know to send off so the truck isnt down. I know a guy that has a cheap set in good running condition. I think I will need a good set of injectors to realize the full performance of this setup anyway.

I have been very impressed with the customer service by sheid diesel specificly Eric (the guy who built my pump). I know most buisnesses I deal with these days couldnt care less about the customer but he was very willing to talk with me about the pump and getting what I want out of it. I will definately be a customer of theirs again very soon.

Oh yeah and I got the pump in at 3:05 central time, let the wrenchfest begin.

Well pump is a no go for now. I am having a bad clearance issue so its not going on till I get something figured out. On a brighter note I have figured out that once I get the clearance issue sorted I am very confident I can have it installed and running within 2 hours without a doubt.

This is the problem area, the oil bypass boss needs to be ground (the shiny part)

theres always something, atleast once you fix it you wouldnt have a problem getting it timed. and running:ft::ft::ft:

Yeah it shouldnt take but a few hours once I get back home from this job. I hope to be home after this coming weekend but I never really know with my job.

Ok so I got the clearances I needed to install the pump by grinding the oil bypass on the side of the block along with the oil cooler and the governer housing on the injection pump. I spent alot of time with all this and probably took the pump off over 100 times trial fitting things but it was worth it in the end.

Here is the new brake master cylinder setup. I know most of you will hate the idea but I tossed the hydroboost in favor of a dual manual setup from willwood brakes. I like them so far. I have only been able to test them while pushing the truck around but they work awsome, extremely similar to vaccum power brakes. I have them setup so that I only push on the master for the front brakes untill you get about half pedal then it also engages the master for the rear brakes. They are both 7/8" bore and only 3" long.

Let me know what you guys think. I have also finished installing the pre pump fuel filter, I also installed the new breather system using -10 line and a moroso breather tank that feeds back into the oil pan in case any oil gets into it. The oil fill cap on the aluminum valve cover I made is just a 1" bulkhead fitting with a cap I bought from the local hydraulic store it sounds dumb but it looks pretty good and is something different and is very functional, I will post pics later.

The pump will be going on in the morning after I let the sealant on the bypass and oil cooler dry over night.