Inline ISUZU into Ford almost complete!!

The lift pump is a mallory comp 250 gph, the fuel feed is a 1/2" line welded into the bottom of the fuel tank that gets sucked out of the bottom then is pulled about 12" to the fuel pump. The suction on the pump sits right in the middle of the tank (hieght wise). Should I lower the pump? (I doubt its a problem) then its all pushed to the pump through 1/2" aluminum line with a very large 3 micron filter.

The trans is a 4L85E from a 2007 chevy 2500 van with a duramax engine, this is supposedly this is the strongest factory built 4l85e ever since it comes with hardened internals already to help handle the tq from the diesel engine.

MikeL is considered one of the top tranny guys in the country my many thousands of diesel guys and has built some extremely tough trannys to handle well over 1000hp reliably.

I am still working on the air leak so I can post a video for you guys. well really I am sitting back drinking a dr.pepper and letting my mechanic figure the problem out.

Oh yeah, at the request of my mechanic (daughter) we are switching the filter base for a different setup, the one I have now is cast aluminum and I dont think its completely sealing off on all 4 ports even though I have used a ton of sealant and torqued it almost to the point of breaking a secong casting. I found a 2 port (1 inlet/1 outlet) made of steel at the local hydraulic store and best of all the 3 micron filter/ water seperator I already have will screw right into it.

I am still working on the air leak so I can post a video for you guys. well really I am sitting back drinking a dr.pepper and letting my mechanic figure the problem out.

Heck of a mechanic you have on staff :D cool to see she's interested in what Daddy's up to

Can't wait to see the vids..... really curious to hear what it sounds like..... keep up the good work

I agree, Mike does know what he's talking about. Strange how some people can forget more than you'll ever know. Mike is one of those fellas.

I think I have found the problem. The lift pump I have is a mallory comp 250 and I dont think its pumping enough gpm's @50psi to keep up with the motor. Oh well I just need to find a few hundred bucks so I can get a different lift pump.

YouTube - MOV03796

Started the truck, I still need to run the rest of the exhaust so its a little louder than it should be, I may still run a muffler since its not as quiet as I would like. I also need to fine tune the idle and the throttle return spring, not to mention hook up the AFC on the pump so its not so smokey on initial throttle. I will be posting up driving video soon.

Thanks I will have driving video up by tomorrow.

I finally lowerd the mallory comp 250 pump and got everything going good, mallory was no help and they specificly told me the pump could suck fuel from up to 3FT away even mounted above the tank. Here are a couple pics of the new pump location.

I should be driving it tomorrow, I have other things to do tonight and still need to make a bracket for the 700r4 tv cable and the shutdown solenoid cable.

I wish I could view you tube vids but Govt computer won't let it happen. But none the less great job man

the truck is looking great can't wait to see is driving.
Have you seen the updated picture on our 2wd.
Dale

Thanks guys, Dale I havent see the pics yet, I need to get a look at it I have been stupid busy with this truck lately. I would still like to see it in person one day when I make it back up to missouri to visit my aunt (maybe this fall).

I made a quick video while I had a friend here today, its not much but its something. I can only go to about 15% throttle then I get a whining sound that sounds like the converter after that so maybe the poor 700r4 wont last long enough to get the built 4l85e after all. Oh well, i hope to help it on its way out as soon as I get the other trans and computer. Maybe I can snap an input shaft or something.

YouTube - First drive of the twin turbo isuzu powered F100

Thanks guys, Dale I havent see the pics yet, I need to get a look at it I have been stupid busy with this truck lately. I would still like to see it in person one day when I make it back up to missouri to visit my aunt (maybe this fall).

I made a quick video while I had a friend here today, its not much but its something. I can only go to about 15% throttle then I get a whining sound that sounds like the converter after that so maybe the poor 700r4 wont last long enough to get the built 4l85e after all. Oh well, i hope to help it on its way out as soon as I get the other trans and computer. Maybe I can snap an input shaft or something.

YouTube - First drive of the twin turbo isuzu powered F100

Way to think positive! Offerings to the god of speed? The truck sounds way cool. :rockwoot:

This thing is CRAZY FUN!!!! I broke the throttle yesterday so I only had about 40% throttle so last night I fixed it and went to bed.

I woke up this morning and went for a drive not expecting much until I messed with boost and fuel. I got on the highway and stabbed the throttle to about 70% the thing threw me back in my seat and boost instantly shot to 50psi then I let off. I thought the boost came on quick with the vgt turbo on my duramax but this thing gets to 50psi faster than the durmax gets to 30psi. Boost and power are instant and the speedo moves almost as fast as the tach and boost gauge, thankfully the fuel gauge moves very slowly though. I have been hitting the throttle everywhere and driving around on only 2 gallons for the past 2 days. I am going to get some video of the gauges when I hit the pedal so show everyone just how fast it all moves.

I love this truck!!!! Boost comes on SUPER FAST, when I say fast I mean as fast as the tach can climb (thats really fast). The hy35 brings it on fast and at 8 psi you start to hear the hx52 coming on by10-12psi that hx52 sounds like a jet engine coming on and only gets louder at 50psi (when I let out of it at 70% throttle).

The only thing I can compare the sound to is this, go to youtube and look up homemade jet engines and listen to one of those home made jet engines out of a used turbo. Any one of those videos will give you an idea of what I mean untill I can get some video posted.

Remember this is all with no tuning of fuel or boost and with stock injectors and lines. This setup has alot more in it. WOOHHOO I LOVE THIS ENGINE!!!!!