Inline ISUZU into Ford almost complete!!

I think your good man, I wouldn't close it. I put a flatbed on a 94 Dodge and the guy wanted it close. he was warned numerous times by me and others the frame would flew to much. Sure enough he hit the cab with the headake rack.

It looks good as it sits. You could do somethin like GM does and hide the gap with a rubber flap.

Looks good the way you have it don't 2nd guese your self your doing just fine.

Dale

Ok I have to go out of town for work again this afternoon so I will be gone for a couple weeks. I really wanted to show you guys how this thing is acting but my camcorder sucks so its kinda hard to tell, plus its hard to drive on a narrow back country road with others flying by you.

I know the video sucks and you can barely hear the turbo not to mention I had to hold the camera while driving (not a good idea by the way).

The turbo is spooling very slowly now due to the blown head gasket since the worthless converter slips so bad that I over revved it once and quickly pegged the 60psi boost gauge so who knows what it actually went to. You can see the turbo spool in the video and it may look fast to some of you its actually spooling very slowly compared to a week ago when it was working normally. Another problem is the trans keeps slipping especially the converter. I can barely get out of 1st gear with it so. You can see the boost come up but the speedo barely moves, this is because of the trans. The converter is slipping so badly that no power is actually getting transfered to the ground even though the motor continues to make power. A week ago when the trans was still ok the speedo would move as fast as the boost gauge and the boost gauge was moving much much faster than it is now.

I cannot stress how much slower things are now that the head gasket and trans are bad.

Oh yeah the tach is not working as you can see, I need to permanently attach the dakota digital converter box so my tach will work properly. I really dont like this cause this thing has revved pretty high I think but I have no idea how high. not good.

Anyway here is some video

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

maybe it is me, but the video isn't linked right. It takes me to the main page on youtube

Thanks guys. I dont have a drive pressure gauge yet I need to get one. I wish I knew who to call at a company to ask for sponsors LOL that would be sweet, I need a hook up at pcs and aeromotive LOL.

I am going with the T56 and got it installed today, I still have to setup the hydraulic clutch setup, I will be using an external slave and master from a jeep setup. The driveshaft will need to be shortened about 1.5" and a new crossmember will need to be made.

Without further adoo I give you more great work from Booty Fab Productions LMAO!

I found a pilot bushing at autozone that had the proper ID for the ford T56 and a slightly larger OD, we had to shave about .020 off to make it fit. Here at booty fab production we strive for the very best in booty fab LOL but hey it works great. Notice the Booty Fab mill (very high end)

Here is a before shot of the aluminum chevy adapter with a 1983 10.5" chevy flywheel from a camaro, I had to use this small flywheel to fit inside the small ford flywheel. This will allow me to use the ford clutch and a chevy pressure plate for an easy bolt in setup.

Here is the same shot as before but with the new adapter made from 1/2" steel, we cut the chevy bolt pattern then mocked up a ford T5 bellhousing so we could use a dial indicator to find center, when we found center we just marked the holes and drilled the ford pattern. The 1/2" thick plate also located the depth of the flywheel perfectly so only 1 spacer (the bellhousing adapter) was needed for a fairly simple bolt in setup. This is also good since I havent had to modify the chevy adapter so when I go to the T56 magnum in the future with the chevy bellhousing it will be a simple bolt in and allow me to use a larger flywheel with a bigger clutch.

Heres the booty fab productions adapter HAHA

Here is the T56 6spd bolted to the truck waiting on a few more things to get it back on the road. I am very excited to get ripping through the gears.

Boy those picture brought back memories your doing a hellof a job now you have fun driving that sweat old ford.
I must be getting old but I would like to take out the 10sp.in my ford and put in a new allison with the double OD.

Dale

Thanks guys

Here is my fancy new shifter, the ball is a Tremec polished aluminum 6 spd ball that has the pattern and tremec lettering engraved on the side. the shaft is a polished aluminum tie rod for a circle track car.

Here is the new crossmember for the T56, I bent it out of 1 5/8" tubing and 3/16" plate using a buddies tubing bender. This crossmember is much stronger than the old one I used for the 700r4.

I only have a couple more things left to do then I will post up some video of the truck running and shifting like it should instead of having to suffer with those damn 700R4's

Took the first test drive with the T56 today and it went ok but the clutch is slipping so I need to do some adjustment to the hydraulic clutch and all should be fine. The steeda shifter makes for a nice close pattern shift and the T56 is shifting as smooth as ever. I still have a few things left to do like adjust the Ebrake cable, mod a crossmemeber,etc.

We also started on the head gasket this evening. We made good progress despite all the BSing that went on as usual LOL but if your not having a good time whats the point of all of this.Right?

We did a thorough inspection of all the parts and cleaned everything while it was apart. I am happy to say all parts looked to be in excellent condition except the head gasket since it was clearly blown on cylinders 1 and 2. The cylinders looked to be in excellent condition with a great cross hatch pattern as well as the pistons being in great shape.We got it all cleaned up and put on the new head gasket, we will have it all finished up tomorrow and able to finish up the last couple trans parts and should be back on the road.

I have decided to go back down to a single turbo for now so I dont tear this trans up (or burn the clutch up too fast). I will go back to twins as soon as I can afford to install a beefier tranny but for now with work being slow$5k for a tranny setup is out of the question and I want this thing to go back to being reliable for a while. I will be playing with the holset VGT turbo I have laying around in the next few weeks but it will be a single turbo ride for a while unless I fall into some project money soon LOL.

Here we are pulling the head, My buddies Dave (sitting on the fender) Ron (blue shirt) and me (brown shirt leaning over the truck)

here is the head you can see the water, it shows where the gasket was blown.

Me modeling the fancy new head gasket, its perdy.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...um updates? Truck is too cool.

Sorry guys, I have it up and running, I love how it drives and the ratios are perfect for my setup. I will be upgrading to 3.73 gears in the rear since the ones in there now are too high ( I never use 6th gear right now). I will need to upgrade the clutch to a much stronger unit to hold all the diesel tq but for now its fine.

I have the truck in the shop right now while I add A/C. Of course I couldnt just use any old A/C setup especially not one for a 67 F100 so I had a brand new old air products a/c setup that was supposed to go into my 66 mustang but I want air in my truck so I am installing it in there, plus its a very compact unit and will look kinda cool in the truck since it will be tucked up nice and neat under the dash.

I will also be starting the body work very soon (this coming week) then finally get all the painting done hopefully by october.

I will try and get some video up soon of banging throught the gears.

I satarted installing some A/C today. I had a brand new old air products A/C system for my 66 mustang sitting in my shop but since I havent been messing with my mustang lately I figured the truck needed the a/c more than it did so its going in. I am very happy with the look of it so far, its much more compact than any of the current offerings for a 67-72F100 truck and it should more than cool the single cab even in the 100*+ heat of Texas. I like how it all sits in one tight little package on the passenger side instead of taking up the entire underside of the dash like original and aftermarket a/c systems do. I am considering moving the vents from under the dash to inside the dash for more of a custom and cleaner look. If I choose to put the vents in the dash I will put the 3 center vents where the original heater knobs are (just under the radio) and install the 2 corner vents (the ones by the doors) as far the the edge of the dash as I can. I think this would make for a nicer look but for now this setup will work.

Here is a pic for reference, I will post more later on as I make more progress.