Inline ISUZU into Ford almost complete!!

Thats the plan for tomorrow to get some fly by passes and some in cab video of the gauges, I cant believe how fast this boost gauge moves its almost instant. I also need to get my tach working so I can see what kind of rpms its doing, I know its not doing its potential 4500-5000rpm limit.

The motor is holding great, sadly (but expectedly) the 700R4 has bitten the dust I am afraid. I was about to start taking some video of the dash so show everyone how fast the boost and speedo gauges move with a few full throttle runs. That didnt work since it wouldnt shift of 1st gear and 20mph was top speed, I finally got about 5 miles from the house and said to hell with it stabbing the throttle to an instant 60 psi and 4500rpm then the trans decides to shift into second so here we go at 35-40mph going around turns made for 15-20mph (good job suspension LOL). I am going to check the trans out later, I plan on checking the fluid again (third time) check the tv cable attachment (2nd time) then probably drop the pan to see what I have in there. I can say this, I will NEVER run another 700R4 again. I know they are ok trannys in a weak gasser application and I am running way too much power through this rebuilt trans, I really do understand that but I am just not a fan of the TV cable (and yes I did have it setup and shifting perfect) or the weakness of this trans at all.

I can at least say as soon as I realized the trans wasnt shifting I had a good laugh about it, I knew all along this was going to happen but I didnt know when. I am actually suprised this thing lasted this long, I mean I have went almost full throttle 5 times or so now. LOL

So if anyone wants to donate a built 4l85e or a gear vendors overdrive or a pcs controller feel free too. LOL Hmm wonder if I can get gear vendors and pcs to sponsor me LOL yeah right.

The motor is holding great, sadly (but expectedly) the 700R4 has bitten the dust I am afraid. I was about to start taking some video of the dash so show everyone how fast the boost and speedo gauges move with a few full throttle runs. That didnt work since it wouldnt shift of 1st gear and 20mph was top speed, I finally got about 5 miles from the house and said to hell with it stabbing the throttle to an instant 60 psi and 4500rpm then the trans decides to shift into second so here we go at 35-40mph going around turns made for 15-20mph (good job suspension LOL). I am going to check the trans out later, I plan on checking the fluid again (third time) check the tv cable attachment (2nd time) then probably drop the pan to see what I have in there. I can say this, I will NEVER run another 700R4 again. I know they are ok trannys in a weak gasser application and I am running way too much power through this rebuilt trans, I really do understand that but I am just not a fan of the TV cable (and yes I did have it setup and shifting perfect) or the weakness of this trans at all.

I can at least say as soon as I realized the trans wasnt shifting I had a good laugh about it, I knew all along this was going to happen but I didnt know when. I am actually suprised this thing lasted this long, I mean I have went almost full throttle 5 times or so now. LOL

So if anyone wants to donate a built 4l85e or a gear vendors overdrive or a pcs controller feel free too. LOL Hmm wonder if I can get gear vendors and pcs to sponsor me LOL yeah right.

That's gotta be a record doesn't it? I've heard of burning up a trans quick, but damn!

...ya know.... with the lite weight and zip........a 68RFE might be the ticket? I mean, it would be so cool. I bet you could hit 60MPH in 5th @ 1500 RPM. Then again, the 68RFE is a 6-speed.

I had considered the 68rfe but didnt want to make another trans adapter anyone know the 68's ratios? Whats the price of a standalone controller? used trans?

Ok fells truck is back to running!!!! The weak ass 700R4 is just barely holding on after some playing with it LOL. I got the throttle valve unstuck but found lots of clutch pack parts in the pan (uh-0h LOL) and the converter makes a bad bad bad sound when I get on it. Oddly LOL when I get on it90% throttle max, the converter starts its sound then stops sending power to the ground gee maybe its not liking me right now LOL.

Basicly I can drive around at part throttle with not so great shifts for right now but at least I can still drive it although I know the very next throttle stab could completely kill the trans and no little tricks will bring it back.

More video should be up today. Thanks for the support.

Randy

LOL yeah stall converter all right, it stalls at about 30mph now and wont go anymore unless I rev the snot out of it. The trans is pretty much toast now. I could smell it pretty bad this morning while driving up the highway. I only have 2 gears now also 1st and 2nd absolutely no 3rd or 4th. I have started talking to a few buddies and I may have a friend that can give me a good 4l80e for now untill I can get the scratch together for the 4l85e fromt he duramax powered van along with PI converter and gear vendors overdrive.

I think I can get the used 4l80e up and running for around $200 with a 6.2L diesel computer and shorter driveshaft so for now it will be a good cheap way to at least be able to get it back driving while I continue to save my money for the real and final setup.

Here are some pics of the new bed, you can see the spot in grey that will be cut off and replaced. I know it seems like alot of work to cut off a huge section of bed and weld a new panel in place but its not that hard and is much easier than repairing all the rusted and beat up spots on the original bed not to mention the rest of this bed is perfect with no bondo at all, even the tailgat is in excellent shape. You will notice that no 2 tires sit in the wheel well the same well thats a combination of things, first off the front sits about 1/2" higher than the rear and I will fix that by cutting a little off the front coil springs (maybe 1/4 coil at a time). The bed is not bolted down since I just got it on after having to mess with all the bolts on the parts truck, I used a cutting torch to "unbolt" the bed LOL. Finally the truck is independent at all 4 corners and on unlevel ground so some wheels are lower than normal and others are higher than normal since its unlevel ground. I am about to go measure for new carriage bolts (getting longer to go all the way through the frame) and after I get the bed bolted down and the front dropped the 1/2" I will post more pics along with the hood.

I finally got around to throwing some cheap primer on also, I couldnt stand that bright red anymore. I think I need to go up in tire size to better fill the wheel well but the wheel size will stay the same at 18". Next up is to find a spare bedside at the local yard so I can repair my bed side and use the upper half of it to make a roll pan.

I have been thinking of moving the bed forward a little to take up some of the gap between the bed and cab, I did plan for this when installing the IRS so it will still look right. What do you guys think about closing the gap?

Even where it is now? The pics show the gap closed to where I want it. will it be ok like in the pics? I just hate the mile wide gap it has factory. I would think with the original frame it needed the huge gap but now that the frame is boxed with 3/16th steel it is wayyy stiffer now.

What do you guys think?

here is a closer pic of how I want the gap

Put a jack stand under the front of the drivers side frame. Then with a floor jack, jack the rear passengers side frame up. That will show you how much flex you have in your frame. Don’t stop because the wheels start to come off the ground. Stop when the frame stops flexing.

Do the same for the other side just incase it is more.

You should be able to move the bed up some, but I wouldn't have a clue outside of the above method to tell how much.

Funny you say that cause I actually did just that after I first boxed the frame, I was amazed at how stiff it was compared to the unboxed frame, its nuts how much of an improvement it is.

Have you done this recently? .....I see that bed close and it reminds me of the Toyota beating it's self on the Ford demo course.

I say leave it back, I'd rather have a bigger gap, than beat the cab with the bed. Your truck though, and you've done damn good without us telling you what to do.