Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

Oh boy..lol no, its not. I started back in school last week and Lavon did a big concrete show this weekend. The plan was for me to come up last Thursday and knock it out but stuff came up for him and I think it was a good decision that he made to do the show. Trans should be ready to go in and I am planning on coming up friday to do the initial test drive. After the test drive, I am dreading the amount of work that has to be done to get it finished lol but it will get there.

WE need more pics :hehe:

and ya lamiller is the guy to go for a tranny, thats where Im most likely getting mine.

Good luck gentlemen :nos:

Wow what a truck that baby is!

How's the dragin going with her???

Love the color --- great job.

Well,
I have a big surprise fellas, but I don't have it in me to tell until the truck is totally finished. So make sure you hang around because I am pretty sure you wont be sorry.

At the rate this is going... your going to end up with more parts then we have time to install before race season :)

Lavon

wow i cant wait to come up there and see all this and i had no idea lavon was a concrete guy wow got alot in common

Well,
I have a big surprise fellas, but I don't have it in me to tell until the truck is totally finished. So make sure you hang around because I am pretty sure you wont be sorry.

Dual VP's!!!!!! :bow:LOL

Awesome build!! Haven't been on here in a couple wks to check it out. I'm pretty sure I will be seeing Lavon's place sometime in the next year or so, my trans is starting to act up in my tow pig and nobody is a good "performance" trans shop around here.

I would not want anything that Bob has built lol.
It would most likely involve snakes or strippers :poke:

Last edited:
I had a custom rear wheel built for my old 12valve dually that School Bus now has they fit just about perfect and probably shed 200lbs of spinning mass in the rear. I ended up having a issue with that wheel they looked and worked good but you couldnt change the tires out easily, so I ended up buying some mickey thompson classic IIs 16x12s that worked good wish they were a tad wider but they worked none the less. I think 2 slicks on the rear instead of one might be cool and definately be alot lighter then a toyo a/t etc.

Here's my old ride with the super single rear it was a m/t 33x16.5x16r:
View attachment 28836

wider??? lol im already worried about the tires taking out the fenders when it squats at the track!

and its at least 200 lbs lighter with the slicks on instead of the 4 wheels and tires. those mt classic 2's and et drags are light! even it being a 33-16.50

i did think about running tiny slicks and spacers with 4 wheels in the back, that would look sweet!:rockwoot:

wider??? lol im already worried about the tires taking out the fenders when it squats at the track!

and its at least 200 lbs lighter with the slicks on instead of the 4 wheels and tires. those mt classic 2's and et drags are light! even it being a 33-16.50

i did think about running tiny slicks and spacers with 4 wheels in the back, that would look sweet!:rockwoot:

I was meaning the wheels need to be a tad wider and it would take some of the side to side roll out of the rear tire that it kinda felt like it had. A wider wheel in the tire would eliminate some of this so I have been told.