Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

I like the way the shifter and mount turned out I used that same shifter in my man. to auto swap with garmon mvb and really liked it. Looking good guys keep the updates goin.

You going to go with a monster pump or just an S.O./H.O.? Cool build. You'll probably need about 900-1000 hp to go 10s.

You going to go with a monster pump or just an S.O./H.O.? Cool build. You'll probably need about 900-1000 hp to go 10s.

You wont need that much.... Depending on weight.

I am going to stay with a sovp for now. I don't see why I can't get this truck around 6600lbs or so. The thing I'm worried about is the added weight and rolling resistance of 6 tires and wheels.

Loose the duals for the strip. :poke:

031700c2.jpg

I know, I know I just can't think of a really fast dually that still has six tires. I am going to experiment a little before I ditch them.

looking good! love the dually man, i'd love to make mine a dedicated racer one day

I had a custom rear wheel built for my old 12valve dually that School Bus now has they fit just about perfect and probably shed 200lbs of spinning mass in the rear. I ended up having a issue with that wheel they looked and worked good but you couldnt change the tires out easily, so I ended up buying some mickey thompson classic IIs 16x12s that worked good wish they were a tad wider but they worked none the less. I think 2 slicks on the rear instead of one might be cool and definately be alot lighter then a toyo a/t etc.

Here's my old ride with the super single rear it was a m/t 33x16.5x16r:

I like the 6 slick idea...something different for sure! I would worry about extra weight/rolling resistance when you're trying to push a 3 ton brick through the air. Just won't make that much of a difference.

i stopped up at lavons shop saturday..... i just want to say that this is one sharp truck! good luck on the build... cant wait to see it go down the track.....*nx*

The plan is for the truck to be able to run by this weekend, then we will take the time to tune in the nitrous, wastegate, and all of the little finishing touches that will take some time. I am excited to get it to some events to see what it will do. Everything is turning out great so far!

Big thanks to jamie lent for hooking me up with 6 isspro performax gauges, the ecu, and all of the datalogging stuff. Can't wait to put them on!

Big thanks to jamie lent for hooking me up with 6 isspro performax gauges, the ecu, and all of the datalogging stuff. Can't wait to put them on!

Thank you. :Cheer: This is a good build you have going on here. Me likey!

Sorry Kyle, all made possible by the better half who is 06 6-speed on here but is too afraid to post lol

That thing running yet? I hope so because my cousin has dibs on the lift this weekend. :D