July 18 Numidia PA East Coast Nationals

At about 400 tons of premium clay, hauled in today, the report from the field is it would break parts.

The tri-axles backing in to dump are barely cutting a track.

I really hope you are joking. As soon as water hits that clay its going to go to sh!t, ie. big marbles, or a huge spung. Who do you have working the track and are you adding any sand to it, typically clay wont make a good track if its added a week before the event, hope you have some one with ALOT of experence with fresh clay because you just cant lay it on the ground and try to have a sled pull:badidea:

Last edited:
Oh, I dont know, we've done it the day before an event and its worked just fine, Jeremy.
I've been told it very closely resembles Zanesville track.

When water hits most any dirt, it gets greasy, thats why you have a disc on hand, to mix it back in, or a dozer/grader to cut it off.

I think complaining about it, before you even see it, is just a bit premature, eh?

Oh, I dont know, we've done it the day before an event and its worked just fine, Jeremy.

When water hits most any dirt, it gets greasy, thats why you have a disc on hand, to mix it back in, or a dozer/grader to cut it off.

I think complaining about it, before you even see it, is just a bit premature, eh?

Now Gene, I dont believe i was complaining. Just stating a concern that putting in a brand new clay track a week before a pull in my experence doesnt make an ideal pulling track.

The NTPA pull in Bowling Green OH has a Kernal Sanders recipe for there track. Sawdust, Sand, Pine-Sol the rest of the ingredients are chiseled onto a piece of stone and lays underground somewhere in the middle of a field in Wood County.

a track is a track, its how you prepare and deal with it that sets the men from the boys...when i show up to a gncc or an awrcs race i can complain about the track all i want but i still have to race for three hours! sure i dont want to see an expensive truck break, bc i know that feeling all to well. if nascar had one track would it still have as many fans? just pokin the stick i guess!!!!!

Yes, and Bowling Green also killed the Colonel with millions of gallons of chlorinated water over the years. They had to "liven" the soil back up, and brought in some manure to help it.

Sigh, Jeremy, trust me. The track is being built by a puller.

Yep when ya have "OPERATOR'S" handling things not just someone that can run the equipment will make a BIG difference in the out come!! Clay can be tricky but it's not hard when ya know what your doing.

Anyway ill be there along with a good group of people, towing up my buddies Dmax.

Question for the NADM guys, How strict are you going to be with the driveshaft loop rule?
I have a long bed with 2 piece driveshaft, if I read the rules correctly, I need a loop 6" behind the front of both rear driveshafts?

I have the front loop and one rear loop, I will probably just make time runs.

Wayne

Yep when ya have "OPERATOR'S" handling things not just someone that can run the equipment will make a BIG difference in the out come!! Clay can be tricky but it's not hard when ya know what your doing.

Anyway ill be there along with a good group of people, towing up my buddies Dmax.

when are you guys headed up ther? we are heading out early sat.
mebe we can roll together:Cheer:

when are you guys headed up ther? we are heading out early sat.
mebe we can roll together:Cheer:

Norm Im not sure, things may have changed Jeramy and Jim might be heading up Friday night, but im leaving Sat morning so If ya wanna hook up in Carlisle or something Sat morning Ill meet ya where ever and convoy!!:Cheer:

UPDATE:
Schedule, racers drivers meeting at staging lanes at 9:00 am.racing begins after, til completed.
Pullers drivers meeting at scale at 1:00 pm, followed by WS, 2.6,2.8,SS, Mod until done.
Hushpower Monster truck crushing cars during downtime, jet truck, and other exhibiton runs, all day.

2.6 clean Diesel challenge time, determined by number of entries.

NADM is proud to announce for the first time July 18, 2009 at the Numidia Dragway in Numidia PA the A&A/Keystone East Coast Nationals!

A&A Auto Stores along with their parent company Keystone Automotive is hosting NADM's East Coast National with all classes for D-Tech Drag Racing, Sled Pulling and Dyno on July 18th.

This event will take over the mountain top where Numidia sits (beautiful view), Numidia Dragway is newly remodeled 1/4 mile track with modern fiber optic electronics, huge pit area for trailers/campers, large vendor midway with A&A Auto store tents and may different Keystone vendors along with NADM's sponsor vendors. Large area for Sled Pulling and sled pull pit area along with DPM's Dyno being on the grounds!

$30,000 Cash in Purses & Give-aways for participants and attendees(fans)!

Test and Tunes start Friday night with the event gates opening at 8AM Saturday! We run till we are done!

Hushpower's monster truck will be there crushing and running along with a few more surprises!

This event will be televised along with streaming video live on the internet!

THIS WILL BE A LARGE AND WELL PROMOTED EVENT FOR DIESEL MOTORSPORTS!

Drag Race payouts have a NE twist to them.

Pro Street, normal payout of $2000, $1000, $500, $500 PLUS $375 to the quickest 8 trucks that can break the beams in first round eliminations.

DP Tuner Quick Diesel, normal payout of $1000, $500, $250, $250 PLUS $200 to the 12 trucks closest to index that make first round eliminations.

GATE INFO:::

Open at 8:00 am, racing starts at 9:00, WS sled pulling qualifications start at approx 1:00 pm, possibly followed by 2.6 quals if needed. SS, Mod, 2.8, 2.6 follow racing finals, approx 4:00 pm.

Spectators, racers, all semis, Main Gate, gate one, paved entrance, turn left off rt 42, at racetrack sign, onto DRAGSTRIP road.

This gate takes you into in the racer pit and parking area.

Pullers with small trailers who are not afraid of a narrow road, veer right at the last Catawissa,light, and follow rt 42 out of Catawisssa. Approx 4 miles down, turn left onto Ideal Park road, proceed about 1/4 mile turn right onto Slabtown road, proceed a few feet to the stop sign, continue straight onto Quaker House meeting road.

Approx 1 mile, turn right on Dragstrip Road, that will take you into the back gate, which is the pulling pits. Pulling vehicles only through that gate, unpaved entrance.

Sled Pulling Purses:

Modified Diesel
1. $2000 2. $1000 3.$ 750 4.$500 5.$200

Super Street
1.$1500 2.$800 3.$500 4.$300 5.$200 6.$100 7.$100 8.$75

2.8 Street Diesel
1.$1000 2.$600 3.$400 4.$200 5.$100 6.$100 7.$75 8.$50

2.6 Street Diesel
1.$800 2.$600 3.$400 4.$200 5.$100 6.$75 7.$75 8.$50

Work Stock Street Diesel
1.$300 2.$200 3.$100 4.$75 5.$50

It's official. My S10 will not be at Numidia due to a turbocharger malfunction. Y'all have fun!