Las Vegas results

Tom came in 1st on saturday during quals, and came out of the finals in 3rd. BUT he had the longest distance for the entire weekend for all classes at 312ft during saturday. Thanks to DHRA for an awesome, well organized. Nice to meet everyone from comp diesel! We appreciate the help we got from everyone! I am sure tom will be on later to give more info!

Last edited:
All packed and heading to the airport. We will get the results up as soon as soon as we can, I don't get home until 1:00AM Tuesday and will try to get some needed sleep.

Before I log off here in Mesquite a huge thankyou to everyone that came out to support DHRA's first Vegas Nationals. We now have something to build on.

Thanks to ALL of our sponsors and media people that came out.

And a shout out to all of the DHRA staff members that kept things moving.

Heading home now. :rockwoot:

Congrats to all who participated and mega-congrats to the those in the top 3----would be nice to know who they are and what times they clicked off at the 1/4 mile and distances they pulled though---guess technology isnt' there yet for this to happen ------chris

Man I had a great time sitting in my chair watching the live broadcast via the internet.. Congrads to everyone.

Zane ran a 11.27, but I really enjoyed watching him walk away from "stroked snap crackle pop lightning" :eek:wned:

Street:
Nick took 1st in 298ft, Doug Lindsay 2nd and Matt Lewis 3rd with 285

Super Street:
Clint with ATS 1st, Doug Lindsay took 2nd, Tom took 3rd

Not too sure about every ones distances.

Tommysgirl--thanks & tell Tom hello ...... Good showing for the DPO and west coast---what happened at Pahrump--anyone know???...chris

Thanks to the DHRA for having a great event you guys did an awesome job :clap: :clap:

Broke the truck sunday morning , blew out about a 3" piece of up pipe on the drivers side at the 1000' mark :bang we will fix it and be back

Had a great time

You couldnt hear the announcer in the pit area. So I will check with MLM and see what they have for results. The track was not up to par in Pahrump. I doubt we will go next year.

What I posted on the Duramax board, so it's a little out-of-context:

BIG THANKS OUT TO THE DHRA!!!

The West Coast is not exactly a hotbed of Diesel Racing, but they had mercy on us lunatics, and put on a show that was absolutely stunning. Not since the High Desert event have we had such a great showing of all three brands, and all three VERY fast.

But the BIGGEST THANKS out to the Guys and Dolls who showed up and threw down the smoke. The diesel community is a crazy family of addicts that grows ever day, and it's crucial that we all support these events in every way we can.

I will admit I was a bit disappointed that we did not get a bigger showing from California. Yes, we had a lot of California trucks there, but more were missing. Even if you are not racing, hell, come on down to these events to show your support for Diesel Hot Rodding and DHRA. A lot of the technology for your trucks is developed by these racers so they can compete, and it trickles down to YOU. So by showing up, even as a spectator, helps everyone get you the goodies you need.

Dmaxes also went 1-2 in Work Stock Pulling as well, but Work Stock is not as popular as it once was, since many folk assume you need big bucks and heavy mods to compete. But this is not the case. This is the class for your daily drivers, and to have fun showing what your truck can do. Kat pulls Work Stock with our "kidmobile/towing" truck. She placed 2nd in Work Stock, and Danville Performance placed First in their Dmax.

Casper was not really ready to compete, but we showed up anyhow, just to be at the event. Now it's time to get it dialed in. We could have just hooked the bottle to truck to make it more competitive, but that's not the path we chose to take. We still put on a good show on the finals, by getting the jump and holding it for awhile before this Orange streak of lightning nearly sucked the bumper off of Casper as it went flying by.

Again, thanks out to the DHRA, the competitors, and the fans for making it an EXCELLENT way to spend a weekend!!!

Kat--I got sound but no vid's--not sure it could be my sprintpcs card---but thanks--I also saw a couple of your runs down the track as I was tuned in and I saw one of Pat's also--congrats---I was watching yesterday and all of sudden lost connection and missed Maddog's run if he ran and then the connection was going in and out and I missed all the pulls except for one and I don't recall who it was--maybe it was Dave's---I was all ready to watch Tom's pull and bam I lost connection again---I was ticked---but oh well---

Tom--your truck sounds pretty potent there---what happened yesterday??...chris

Sara---sounds like Pahrump's track is the same old concrete hard dirt with ruts and washboards that I pulled on back in '01--chris

Chris-Yeah tons of rocks, not enough water.... not worth the drive. We went last year and the track was watered pretty well. I dont even recall seeing the water truck on the track this year.
I cant access the vids at work to see which pull it was- tom will be on soon hopefully to fill everyone in.

From the way it sounds, I'm going to say it was Sunday's run.

Craig

Tommysgirl said:
Chris-Yeah tons of rocks, not enough water.... not worth the drive. We went last year and the track was watered pretty well. I dont even recall seeing the water truck on the track this year.
I cant access the vids at work to see which pull it was- tom will be on soon hopefully to fill everyone in.

Try to right click save as. I just tried on my work computer. I think it was his last pull on Sunday.

Thanks Guys. We had a great time. It was nice seeing everyone again :D

Still doesn't work for me Kat, probably me being ignorant. Any other ideas.

Craig

Kat said:
Try to right click save as. I just tried on my work computer. I think it was his last pull on Sunday.

Thanks Guys. We had a great time. It was nice seeing everyone again :D