Las Vegas results

Great to see everyone, and thank you DHRA! We ran a 13.53@102, kind of slow. It felt great to have the trailer and visit with the McRats and some other friends.

Ditto as everyone has said the DHRA did an awesome job !!!!

Vid's worked fine for me. I agree that might be Tom's Sunday hook unless he had a passenger on Saturday as well, not sure. The track was looser on Sunday and he couldn't get traction off the line like he did Saturday. But when that thing gets traction watch out :) same goes for Clint.

They added wieght between the Super Street and Mod class hence Dave and I didn't get as far out as Tom with the lighter sled.

It was good to see everybody again, and some I hadn't seen for quit some time. I would like to thank Dave for all his help as well.

The Pahrump pull was good as well, the track was watered for a long time prior to the start of the event but went to heck real quick, and we were advised as such by the fine folks at MLM. there was indeed a sand trap in the center. I will be going back to Pahrump again if they have the pull again as it's not fair to discount an event or not support a pulling orginization just because the track folks screwed up, it might a be a great track next year, maybe less wind as well :)

BBD

BigBadDodge said:
They added wieght between the Super Street and Mod class hence Dave and I didn't get as far out as Tom with the lighter sled.

BBD

Only 6000 pounds, and dropped the sled pan wayyyyy earlier!!!! heheheh!!

You two would have been in Kansas, if we would have let it the same.:bow:

More later, after my whole 1 hour of sleep, I have to go to work.

Glad you made it back in time for some real work Gene :)

When will Dave be pulling in?

Great job this weekend by the way.

BBD

dieseldragster said:
I gotta say that some of the commentary from the two of you was hilarious. The REVGAIN discussion was .... well.... Priceless.

:what: :what: :what: :what: :what:

BigBadDodge said:
I will be going back to Pahrump again if they have the pull again as it's not fair to discount an event or not support a pulling orginization just because the track folks screwed up, it might a be a great track next year, maybe less wind as well :)

BBD

I agree Scott and I will add that sometimes it's not the track folks fault either as Mother Nature sometimes throws in a wrench or two. :hehe:

I watched Gene, Dieter, Dave and Rick work with soil they were not used to seeing. Toss in sunshine, wind and lack of humidity to aid drying a track and I can understand why they worked so hard to put together what I considered to be a pretty decent track. :rockwoot:

those boys came in with the cards stacked against them(oh yea that's a pun)--in the amount of time they had to work that track they had no chance--harder than it is to get into a nun's britches to begin with, drier than Gene's humor(sorry, couldn't resist) and out of their element---that track needs serious work for at least a week or maybe even a month to make it decent---that's just the way it is and what we are used to out here on the west--we have it all, except for maybe a top notch track----chris

Well we came and gave it a shot and did pretty well for our first outing of the year. We ran a 8.61 @157 mph!!:pro: Not bad We want to thank everyone that showed to help support the DHRA and Diesels every where! Thanks to the spectatures hope we put on a good show for everyone and look forward to the next one. We do have a few suprises coming up for the Indy race :evil :evil :evil so stay tuned and look forward to seeing everyone up there again!:group:

Predatortruck said:
Well we came and gave it a shot and did pretty well for our first outing of the year. We ran a 8.61 @157 mph!!:pro: Not bad We want to thank everyone that showed to help support the DHRA and Diesels every where! Thanks to the spectatures hope we put on a good show for everyone and look forward to the next one. We do have a few suprises coming up for the Indy race :evil :evil :evil so stay tuned and look forward to seeing everyone up there again!:group:

Your truck is absolutely wild! :eek:

Thanks for making the long haul out West so everyone could see it run! Considering LVMS is not as fast as a sea level track, I would not be surprised at all to see you lower the bar later in the season.

Congrats! :rockwoot:

Well we definitly are going to try our best to get the ET down as low as possible. We injoyed coming there and look forward to coming to the rest of the events. You defintly have those duramaxs working well, those trucks really scoot. We look forward to seeing everyone at Indy.

Holysmoke said:
any body see my buddys old panel wagon with the twin turbo's? He did not run but it was there On display. I cant wait to see what it will put down.

HERE YA GO

IMG_0167.jpg

csutton7 said:
those boys came in with the cards stacked against them(oh yea that's a pun)--in the amount of time they had to work that track they had no chance--harder than it is to get into a nun's britches to begin with, drier than Gene's humor(sorry, couldn't resist) and out of their element---that track needs serious work for at least a week or maybe even a month to make it decent---that's just the way it is and what we are used to out here on the west--we have it all, except for maybe a top notch track----chris

hehheeh! Chris, I think if you import some good clay, dig out a swimming pool, about 450 x50 and 3 feet deep, set it in, water the crap out of it, then tarp it to keep the sun and wind off it, it would be manageable.

I lost a lot of hair I couldn't afford to, Thursday and Friday.:bang :bang

Heres waht I posted on TDR:
What an education I got on the desert this weekend.

TRACK- The promised World of Outlaws sprint car red clay track, was kiboshed about 2 weeks before the event.

No problem, I hear from our inside man, we have another source of good clay.

When I get there, Im looking at white concrete that took a D-8 ripper to bust it up. When it did break up, it turned to baby powder.

How can I ever get enough water mixed into this, to make a track?

Answer: Make a puff of dust, enter the Dust Po-Po. You keep making dust, fellas, you are looking at a $10,000 fine.

Ok, now we have two water trucks blasting the dirt as we move it, and still have dust. In 33 bottom dump semi loads, we literally sprayed thousands and thousands of gallons of water.

Now we have the slickest, slimiest mud, non-dust track in North America. The equipment cant even get on it. Luckily, the left side of the track,(notice the videos, extreme left, way dry.) was moved as powder, not mud. I offset the grader and started folding the powder into the mud. After several hours of this, we finally could get up on top of it. Roger Lowry was there by that time, and helped out.

By 7:00 pm Friday night, we had a track that could be pulled on. Now the key was to keep it that way through the heat of the day, until pull time, 3:00 pm.

I have never seen a material, that had such a small winder of too dry, to mud.

Saturdays track was alittle damper than Sundays, Colesantis video was the third from last truck of the day, and thats the worst dust cloud we had for none Mod trucks.

Fulmer was quick to point out, that it looked rocky.(Let me know next pull you will make, Jim, and I'l put you on rock picking detail.)
Well, he is right. In fact, our locaL contact said to me, and I quote, :" I tried to get a CRUSHER, but they were all rented."

You mean a screen?
No, a crusher.

Back home, we normally dont crush clay for pulling tracks.

Most rocks I have ever seen in clay. We got most of the big ones out, just little round ones left.

So any way, we ended up with a better track than I ever dreamed, and good enough to make history.

Clint Cannon of ATS won the first DHRA Nationals west of the Rockies. What class? Super Street, in a CHEVY.

No compettion you say? How about a Scheid pumped Cummins? Or a Ford PSD that was only 3 feet behind Brad Ingram last year?

Clint has finally got his truck to live for 300+ feet, and hes coming to Indy, Super Streeters, you best bring your A-game.

Colesanti will do better when he listens to someone about tires who knows better.

I'm certainly no expert, but the track looked really good to me.

It was funny though, when Kat got back to the pits, there were rocks on her hood.

She ran 3/4 worn out 285 tires, and had good traction all the way down the track.

Hey everyone, just an update on results. Rita is working feverishly to input the members for Mr. Dunbar to post the results. Stay tuned, we are working hard.

dieseldragster said:
I gotta say that some of the commentary from the two of you was hilarious. The REVGAIN discussion was .... well.... Priceless.

That dang DHRA sticker upset our weight balance, and caused a huge wheelstand. I am holding you responsible, Eric. You should put a disclaimer on them.
LOL :hehe: :ugh:
It was great seeing you all there!

There was definatley a lot to be seen on and around the track. I foresee more vendors making a showing next year! lol :poke: Elite! :bow:

I will probably try staying at the Oasis or Casa Blanca next year, I had to go to Rite Aide to get shampoo because the Virgin River didn't have any. Did the other two hotels offer the DHRA rate?

All in all, I had fun!! Even though there was no one to be found running around the Virgin River to help me empty my cooler, unless there was a secret hiding place in which case I am now an official member of DHRA and should be given the cooridinates to the beer drinking facility!! :hehe: There is always next year though, and I'm already excited about it.

I'm working on getting a spot in Vegas, it's like 6 miles from LVMS.

AMMO22 said:
T

All in all, I had fun!! Even though there was no one to be found running around the Virgin River to help me empty my cooler, unless there was a secret hiding place in which case I am now an official member of DHRA and should be given the cooridinates to the beer drinking facility!! :hehe: There is always next year though, and I'm already excited about it.

There were several of us that would have been willing Saturday Night.... Maybe I should have annouced the rendezvous point LOL

unofficial results

Geno’s Garage/TDR Show-n-Shine-Hosted by SOCAPS
Best Dodge/Cummins-Dominator Performance Diesel; 2004 3500 DRW
Best Ford/PowerStoke-Industrial Injection’s 2004 F650 ***BEST IN SHOW***
Best Re-Power-Chaz Lightner 1966 Bronco w/Cummins 4bt
Best Work Truck-Hans Kindermann 2005 Ford F250

Burnout Contest-Hosted by SOCAPS
Gene Felhans-“Stroked Lightning”

NADP/Maddog Motorsports Dyno Challenge
*Open Class
• Chris Werner 1237 hp
• Gary Riles 1133 hp
• Matt Adams 841 hp
*Fuel Only
• Christopher Bryant 630 hp
• Anthony Eardley 615.5 hp
• Doug Lindsey 615.2 hp
*Bracket (Dial in)
• Chestor Jacobs 490 hp on a 490 dial
• Dalen Whitmore 585 hp on a 600 dial
• Robert Williams 328 hp on a 350 dial

Top Diesel

John Robinson-Texas Diesel Power Dragster 9.71@127.98MPH

Pro Diesel
Charlie Stewart-Dr. Performance Predator Dakota
***DHRA ET Record 8.615
***DHRA MPH Record 157.01

AirWerks Pro Street
Winner-Chris Calkins; Orange Crush Racing 1970 Chevy/Duramax 10.38@132.15MPH
Runner Up-Patrick McSwain; McRat Racing 2005 GMC/Duramax 11.27@121MPH

Valvoline Premium Blue Quick Diesel
Winner-Joe Komaromi; PPE Racing 2006 GMC/Duramax
Runner Up-Zane Koch; Wide Open Performance 1997 Ford F350 PowerStroke
Semi Finalist-Matt Adams; NADP 1998 Dodge Cummins
**Qualifying position**
1. Zane Koch of WOP Racing 1997 F350/PowerStroke 11.69 [11.27 best]
2. Casey Cherrington of WOP Racing 1998 Dodge/Cummins 11.91
3. Gene Feldhans “Stroked Lightning” 2004 F250/PowerStroke 12.003
4. Kathy McSwain of McRat Racing “Casper” 2005 GMC/Duramax 12.031
5. Joe Komaromi of PPE Racing 2006 GMC/Duramax 12.187
6. Ric Scrimager of Danville Performance 2006 Chevy/Duramax 12.359
7. Ryan Smith of Smith Bros. Diesel 1996 Dodge/Cummins 12.373
8. Barry Voltner of NADP Racing 2003 Dodge/Cummins (Dually) 12.970
9. Mike Dillehay F350/PowerStroke 13.125
10. Matt Adams of NADP Racing 1998 Dodge/Cummins 14.210 [11.819 best]
11. Ace Ervin 2001 GMC/Duramax 14.439
12. Dennis Rosenthal 1999 F250/PowerStroke 14.526

Flowmaster ET Bracket

Winner-Al Bigelow of Kingman, AZ 2004 Dodge/Cummins
Runner Up-Travis Scroggins of Herriman, UT 1999 Ford/PowerStroke
Semi Finalist- Kyle Smith of Smith Bros. Diesel 2001 Dodge/Cummins
Semi Finalist-Dimitri Millard of Highland, UT 2001 Chevy/Duramax

Fluidampr Super Street
1. Clint Cannon; Boogie Max ATS Diesel 2002 Chevy/Duramax 305.11 ft.
2. Doug Lindsey; 2002 Chevy/Duramax 295.10 ft.
3. Tom Colesanti; Big Power Diesel 2000 Dodge/Cummins 294.00 ft.
4. Shane Boyer; 2004 Dodge/Cummins 284.04 ft.
5. Bruce Balish; 2001 Ford/Powerstroke 279.01 ft.
6. Cory Calvin; 2006 Dodge/Cummins 251.06 ft.
7. J. Parker Branch; ATS Diesel 2002 Chevy/Duramax 234.01 ft.

Street Diesel
1. Nick D’Amico; Diesel Place.com 2002 Chevy/Duramax 298.05 ft.
2. Doug Lindsey; 2002 Chevy/Duramax 287.10 ft.
3. Matt Lewis; Turbonetics 2001 Dodge/Cummins 285.11 ft.
4. Bruce Balish; 2001 Ford/PowerStroke 283.07 ft.
5. Joe Gheen; 1998 Dodge/Cummins 281.00 ft.
6. J. Parker Branch; ATS Diesel 2002 Chevy/Duramax 279.10 ft.
7. Shane Boyer; Dominator Performance Diesel 2004 Dodge/Cummins 277.06 ft.
8. Ace Ervin; 2001 GMC/Duramax 268.03 ft.
9. Ric Scrimager; Danville Performance 2006 Chevy/Duramax 245.04 ft.

Diablosport Work Stock
1. Larry Waterman; Danville Performance 2005 GMC/Duramax 282.03 ft.
2. Kathy McSwain; McRat Racing “Big Blue” 2004 GMC/Duramax 277.07 ft.
3. Kris Larcher; 2002 Dodge/Cummins 256.10 ft.
4. Natalie Russel; “Dirrrrty Blond” 1998 Dodge/Cummins 251.06 ft.