Letter to EPA from ATS

So who has talked to ATS so far. Whats the deal. Are we going to get to hear from them on here?

So who has talked to ATS so far. Whats the deal. Are we going to get to hear from them on here?

I think everyone is reading this thread still....Not everyone lives on CompD like a lot of us (Including me)that cought the start of it last night LOL

Let's put it this way.

The HD on road market is waaaay bigger than ATS. Bigger than anything else. You think that the HD diesel engine manufacturs have not spent any money on developing new technologies to decrease fuel consumption? Seriously.

There is a need to enforce, but no need to rat out others. ATS is not the police - EPA is.

I doubt ATS is capable of developing these technologies, nor have the ability to price them in the right range for people to afford.

Dang...this blew up fast. I donno even where to begin, other than wow. But I can't say I'm surprise? I've seen how they have treated customers in the past and their behavior towards other companies. But I'm waitin to see if it is true. If it is, I hope no one supports them, and colorado is gonna have to come up with a different race event then Diesel on the Mountains and Truckfest.

letter don't surprise me.

the fact that it got in the public eye does?

glad it did? yes!

its one thing to promote your new product to the government to become the official legal product but to out your former customer is just wrong as two guys a f@#$ing.

way to go ats :rockwoot::clap::badidea:

Just wondering....does anyone know who got a hold of this to put it in the public eye??

Let's put it this way.

The HD on road market is waaaay bigger than ATS. Bigger than anything else. You think that the HD diesel engine manufacturs have not spent any money on developing new technologies to decrease fuel consumption? Seriously.

There is a need to enforce, but no need to rat out others. ATS is not the police - EPA is.

I doubt ATS is capable of developing these technologies, nor have the ability to price them in the right range for people to afford.

Agreed!!! Seems someone is trying to re-invent the wheel and as a result lost a little too much money.

Whether the rumor is factual or not, this has serious repercussions for the Diesel Performance industry as a whole. Soot has always been the "elephant in the room" so to speak.

Sadly, as usual it just takes one company, one incident, one individual to make a mess of the whole thing. Believe me, government regulatory oversight brought on by someone screwing up is a very painfull experience....

One "oh $hit" eliminates a thousand "atta boys".

This could be the "oh $hit" everyone has been trying to avoid.

I for one would like to thank ATS for bringing an end to one wild ride...now, lets all go buy a Prius.

I received this letter a week or so ago.

I think that it is WAY below the belt! Not only is this hitting PDI directly but if the EPA does decide to follow Clint's "info" then it is going to hit every shop that has purchased a DPF delete kit from them.

Building a High Flow DPF is fine.... I don't think ATS can do it but it is good for the industry. Throwing 100's of Diesel Performance Shops that used to purchase your product under the bus is not the way to go about it though.

looks like clint is always doin his part for less smoke

just look at this pic of his pulling truck

0709dp_15_z+2002_chevy+rear_view.jpg

Building a High Flow DPF is fine.... I don't think ATS can do it but it is good for the industry. Throwing 100's of Diesel Performance Shops that used to purchase your product under the bus is not the way to go about it though.

:clap: :clap:

Thats the best way I have heard it put yet.

Guys....we appreciate the open discussion. But please, refrain from making personal attacks on anyone, including the names mentioned in the letter. Please....I can't stress it enough.

Thanks.

ATS...douche bags

Us that have the big stacks should just add a big gutted DPF system right up on top of it, let the soot roll out of it:hehe: Na maybe not. It might not catch the right attention. Cut throats and backstabbers are out there when it comes to money the idea of lots of money. The way i see it, the worst it could ever get would just have me back in a daily driven 12v some day..........that would'nt be so bad:hehe: Twin DPF stacks and all....:shake:

Wow ATS....

Did you notice they pulled there "offroad" exhaust systems that removed the cat on 04.5 thru 07's? They are not even listed for sale anymore.

Wonder if they will throw thousands of their own customers into the hands of the EPA now too?

Wow...

Ratting out companies to the EPA that have done nothing different than ATS has for a decade or more to create a new market niche???

THAT is original.

So glad I not associated with them at all...

Guys....we appreciate the open discussion. But please, refrain from making personal attacks on anyone, including the names mentioned in the letter. Please....I can't stress it enough.

Thanks.

i apologize, but you know that was a good joke with that pic