Lookin for 700-800hp options?

Not sure what all the Leadfoot guys did but Shawn Ellerton's setup was/is pretty dang simple. Hypermax hybrid injectors, compounds, stock hpop system, Hypermax rods, and coated pistons is all he's done as far as "major" stuff. Of course there's other miscellaneous stuff and supporting mods, but the cost isn't any different than getting 1000hp out of any other platform.

Pretty sure BigBlue24 put down 700+ on a sub 8k build including the price if the truck. 240k+ on the clock to boot.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Pretty sure BigBlue24 put down 700+ on a sub 8k build including the price if the truck. 240k+ on the clock to boot.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Big Blue24 is different... He's a Freegan Engineer... Those guys can make old Cell phones transmit signals 10 Light-years away...

I've built a 800hp 6.0l for less that it would cost to build a cummins. Full season of pulling 30+ hooks engine never gave any issues very reliable.

We should have 950-1000 on fuel for 2013 2.6 feb is judgment time :)

I can help out on your build

From my smart car.

Last edited:
dont listen to all these haters you can make the 6.0 a fun 700hp street truck but go to psa youll have better luck with help there

Not hating. Any amount of HP is obtainable. IF you have the funds for it. So myself as a realist, don't think it is feasible. In any sorts good luck with the build.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Not hating. Any amount of HP is obtainable. IF you have the funds for it. So myself as a realist, don't think it is feasible. In any sorts good luck with the build.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

So what's so expensive about building a 6.0 for 700-800hp?

All the parts needed can be had for close to 5000-6000

Undivided attention pulling truck. I know these guys. There is not a penny over 6000$ in the engine.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7XGbOK9Wvs&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Lima Pull Undivided attention 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

From my smart car.

Undivided attention pulling truck. I know these guys. There is not a penny over 6000$ in the engine.
Lima Pull Undivided attention 2012 - YouTube

From my smart car.

That's exactly my point. That's 6k in the ENGINE. The OP wants a 7-800hp street truck which to me says he wants reliability. How many times a season is a pullers engine "freshened up"? Now throw in the cost of a tranny, TQ, and t-case plus a rear end that will hold 800 daily. And we are way beyond that 6k$ mark. See my point? Not trying to be an asshat, just my perspective on things.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

That's exactly my point. That's 6k in the ENGINE. The OP wants a 7-800hp street truck which to me says he wants reliability. How many times a season is a pullers engine "freshened up"? Now throw in the cost of a tranny, TQ, and t-case plus a rear end that will hold 800 daily. And we are way beyond that 6k$ mark. See my point? Not trying to be an asshat, just my perspective on things.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Starters i made 30+ hooks at right around 800hp engine is still like new. Dyno run was after season was over. STOCK TRANS with billet input shaft a tripled disk converter.

Same goes for undivided attention. That engine never got touched all season.

I pull against 2.6 dodges that have less hp and twice the coin invested in there engines.

From my smart car.

Last edited:

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

The 6.0 t-case and rear end will hold that with no issues and I'm sure most people looking for that kind of power are aware they'll need to build a transmission. What is a TQ?

As this conversation is actually turning into something...

What are you guys suggesting recipe wise to achieve the goal of 700- 800 street able, reliable hp ?

- crank
- rods
- pistons
- bore size
- cam
- head work
- head studs
- head gaskets
- valve train
- intake
- exhaust manifolds
- Injectors
- turbo or turbos
- inter cooler
- rad
- oil cooler
- oil pump or pumps

- tranny
- tcase
- diffs
- Drive shafts
- u joints

Please forgive me if I forgot anything

The 6.0 t-case and rear end will hold that with no issues and I'm sure most people looking for that kind of power are aware they'll need to build a transmission. What is a TQ?

Sorry, it should be TC I was thinking faster than I was typing last night. Torque converter.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Starters i made 30+ hooks at right around 800hp engine is still like new. Dyno run was after season was over. STOCK TRANS with billet input shaft a tripled disk converter.

Same goes for undivided attention. That engine never got touched all season.

I pull against 2.6 dodges that have less hp and twice the coin invested in there engines.

From my smart car.

If this is the case then I will stand corrected, however I'm not going to believe it until I see it first hand. Not saying your not being honest, as a former 6.0 owner I find it hard to believe. I'm figuring I will have 8-10k in my 12v including the purchase and will be somewhere in the 600ish area streetable, daily power, with a triple disk and trans built with cryod shafts.

Last edited:

As this conversation is actually turning into something...

What are you guys suggesting recipe wise to achieve the goal of 700- 800 street able, reliable hp ?

- crank not needed
- rods $3000ish
- pistons $600ish
- bore size
- cam not needed
- head work not needed other than flatness
- head studs $600
- head gaskets $400
- valve train $800ish
- intake $1000ish
- exhaust manifolds not needed
- Injectors $3000ish
- turbo or turbos $2500ish
- inter cooler $1000ish
- rad not needed
- oil cooler $300, stocker
- oil pump or pumps possibly not needed, but $1500 if it is

- tranny $5000
- tcase not needed
- diffs not needed
- Drive shafts not needed
- u joints not needed

Please forgive me if I forgot anything

That's what I come up with. I hate adding that stuff up. LOL But like I said, still as cheap as doing it with any other platform. Looks like in the neighborhood of $15,000. I would be curious how it could be done on a dd for $6k (As far as the engine goes). Unless there's some serious discounting I can't see it, even used. Injectors for most would be at a minimum $2000 and that'd be with a major discount. Rods another $2000, same scenario. Then the turbo, $1000 would be on the way cheap side I'd think so that's $5000 right there.

Last edited:
Most street trucks runs 190-205cc plus a good charger.. and good tuning can put you 550-625 ish.. thats all youll need on the street... youll walk away from cummins dmaxs most sports cars...

You can make 600 with stock bottom end and just studs...probaly more

If this is the case then I will stand corrected, however I'm not going to believe it until I see it first hand. Not saying your not being honest, as a former 6.0 owner I find it hard to believe. I'm figuring I will have 8-10k in my 12v including the purchase and will be somewhere in the 600ish area streetable, daily power, with a triple disk and trans built with cryod shafts.

Comming from a former high hp 12v owner.... my trans was 5100....( tripple disc conv billet input shaft.. etx) not to mention all the playing arround trying this dv combo.with these injs.. oh whoops now I need more air...

And it also depends on if your a mech ... or if you have a shop build it for you luckly im a tech I can do it my self

That's what I come up with. I hate adding that stuff up. LOL But like I said, still as cheap as doing it with any other platform. Looks like in the neighborhood of $15,000. I would be curious how it could be done on a dd for $6k (As far as the engine goes). Unless there's some serious discounting I can't see it, even used. Injectors for most would be at a minimum $2000 and that'd be with a major discount. Rods another $2000, same scenario. Then the turbo, $1000 would be on the way cheap side I'd think so that's $5000 right there.

^^ your math is pretty close,says my most recent visa bill^^ lol
My wife may be a little more understanding if it was closer to the $6000.00 than the 15k :kick:

It's a sick addiction!

Ok, now pulling cost out of the equasion, what recipe, or solid platform of parts are known to work?

Comming from a former high hp 12v owner.... my trans was 5100....( tripple disc conv billet input shaft.. etx) not to mention all the playing arround trying this dv combo.with these injs.. oh whoops now I need more air...

And it also depends on if your a mech ... or if you have a shop build it for you luckly im a tech I can do it my self

I'd say regardless of vehicle they ALL require a built tranny! So let's pull that out of the equasion.

Now to build up a reliable 700-800 street able reliable 12v would cost ?

I'd say regardless of vehicle they ALL require a built tranny! So let's pull that out of the equasion.

Now to build up a reliable 700-800 street able reliable 12v would cost ?

Depends on how resourceful you are. I've got less than 1500 in my compound setup. A full rebuild kit for a 12v can be had for 800.

On the other hand if you farm out everything I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 4-5k depending on what route you go and current labor rates.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Depends on how resourceful you are. I've got less than 1500 in my compound setup. A full rebuild kit for a 12v can be had for 800.

On the other hand if you farm out everything I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 4-5k depending on what route you go and current labor rates.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Fair enough. Same question. For the 5.9 and the 6.7 platforms.

But let's keep it retail pricing as that's the resource everyone has available and what Danny quoted on the 6.0 platform