Mega Cab runs 11.14@ Bradenton this weekend

Soup Nazi said:
Im older than Dockboy. I am getting a complex hearing the words "old man" over and over LOL. I guess you could call me ancient. Maybe the Soup Nazi should be called "Dusty" instead

Hell, and I am older then you..... Guess I better stop working on the OLD 12v engine.

Doug

Jetpilot said:
Hell, and I am older then you..... Guess I better stop working on the OLD 12v engine.

Doug

I have always gaged "age" by factoring in the miles as well. I have many many miles on the clock. :hehe:

I have seen older models than myself with much less wear and tear. I have a friend who will probably live to be 100 plus years old and when he finally croaks, he will most likely have no wear on any of his body parts, joints, etc.

Myself, I will have used up just about every drop of cartilage, worn out every joint and broken too many bones to live an "easy" retirement. I just cant sit still

Hey Doc
It just hit me why you are so jealous. Your truck never got into the low 11's LOL

i think you forgot to say "old man", haha i think i started to go cross eyed reading that phrase so much.

hey greg hows the rocket coming, looking forward to seeing that thing run. Are your sponsers helping you out any with the build up? o chit nm, i dont think you have any. stir stir stir!!

there is only one thing that could push this thread over the top, if the "leader in diesel innovation" wasnt banned, hahaa

jkretzer said:
there is only one thing that could push this thread over the top, if the "leader in diesel innovation" wasnt banned, hahaa

Oh he is here...... Just different handle:banned:

hahaaha, funny chit doug. i guess i should have guessed. fawl brawl looks good this year guess there will be some big #'s and prob some heavy hitters show up if people can get the time to get there trucks back together, shame how time and money rule everything

Soup Nazi said:
Rips 05 Dodge weighs 6500 with the driver. Its a single cab, 4x4. I did not know a Mega cab added nearly 2000 pounds? Holy Cow.

I still am skeptical of the weight as well, I agree with Greg.

Sure ok fine, the truck weighed 8400lbs on the same day, but who can prove it weighed that leaving the starting line? Everyone takes stuff out at the track. You would have to be RETARDED to race a truck knowing it was that heavy when you could easilly save a couple hundred pounds by spending 15 minutes to take stuff out at the track.

Especially when you are that close to 10's....what kind of person would ever run 11.1 at "8400 lbs" and then say "well gee I could go 10's pretty easilly if I just stopped at the pits and unloaded a few things, but no, Id rather run 11.1". :rolleyes:

Nasty Girl (who made 1036 on FUEL ONLY mind you) ran 11.2 or something with a 1.6 60 foot, and similar mph, and Nasty Girl weighs mid-high 7,000 pounds If Im not mistaken. Nasty Girl is also lowered a big with smaller wheels. Theres no way you made the same power and ran exactly the same time with a truck that weighs 600 pounds more.

I know that makes me look stupid calling this out, and I shouldnt talk because my truck is slow (my engine is completely stock though, and I dont run any of that silly nitrous stuff), but thats just my own oppinion. :)

ben

Last edited:
This is going to be good when that Ford gets the cummins installed, really good. Gimme a few months, and I'll race ya both with a good old 6.0. Anywhere in the country.

Last edited:
duratothemax-i am with you on that. some stuff just doesnt add up, i am not really in any place to talk bc i dont like to drag race, i do want to try sledpulling as soon as my wallet can take it but righ tnow i have other things that are more important. 8400 lbs, no wonder he went through more than one tranny, thats a major stressor right there trying to accellerate that much weight with that much power, somethign has to give. common sense overrides some of the supposed "facts" that people post on here. well it did weigh that much, never really thought how much weight the family i hauled there in my limo/truck added. haha, hey w1cked, i couldnt see the avitars you made up, is there anyway you can post them in a different format. some pics i can view and some icant, damn govnt comp.

i don't see why you're being so rude. so what if he don't believe you, it's not that big of a deal. you made a heck of an accomplishment be proud and do it again. i'd love to see a video when you get one. and i'll back you up on the weight also, 8400lb is not by any means unrealistic. these trucks are heavy. a bit over 3/4 tank of fuel and me in it at owensville truck pull was 8010.

that's one smokin fast dodge.

i'll stick to rowin it's more fun.

o so i dont offend the sensitive viewers i guess i should have added first, great time, great looking truck keep up the work, we all like to see these trucks moving forward! all i was getting down to, that is a lot of weight no matter how u look at it.

i heard a rumor that wicked burnt a few cylinders when running these passes ..any truth to that?

The only reason I don't pull off weight is becuase that to me is cheating. Everyone that knows me knows that I am a straight shooter. I can't please everyone.
the facts are that I ran what I ran the same way at the begining of the year I made over 800hp on fuel and no one beleived me.
Doc has to go and put a cummins to play with me with that said he just wants to be me. I love that
if he could do it with a ford with the engine that comes in the ford than he would really impress me.
I guess he has no pride

I read where nasty weighs in the 7300's.. My crew cab dmax 4x4 with a 9'' lift and 39's weighed in at 7200..

that is a good way to look at the weight. i am sure doc was at his whits end after trashing a few motors when he reached the limits of the 7.3 block and components. he did a lot with the 7.3, i cant wait to see what he does with the proven cummins powerplant.

W1cked said:
Doc has to go and put a cummins to play with me with that said he just wants to be me. I love that
if he could do it with a ford with the engine that comes in the ford than he would really impress me.
I guess he has no pride

Gimme a few months, and I'll come play with ya in a Ford, with an international, in a daily driven truck. Pride has nothing to do with it. The fact of the matter is that the Cummins motor is hands down the best motor, and the Dodge truck it comes in is the biggest Chit box out there. I admire the fact that folks are putting the best pieces together, to build the truck that they should be able to order from the factory. You never hear anyone saying my Dodge is this and that, you always here them saying my Cummins is this and that. :kick:

W1cked said:
The only reason I don't pull off weight is becuase that to me is cheating. Everyone that knows me knows that I am a straight shooter. I can't please everyone.
the facts are that I ran what I ran the same way at the begining of the year I made over 800hp on fuel and no one beleived me.
I guess he has no pride

HAHA pulling off weight is cheating, but running nitrous isnt?!??! Now I HAVE heard it all. :hehe:

ben

Morse said:
I read where nasty weighs in the 7300's.. My crew cab dmax 4x4 with a 9'' lift and 39's weighed in at 7200..

morse I was hoping you'd post...your dually weighs right around 8000 pounds IIRC...

so a SRW mega cab weighs 400 pounds more?? So with wicked's 9000 gvwr, that means he cant even fill up the seats without being overweight??? Curb weights of the megacabs from what Ive read, are around 7500-7600 pounds.

Last edited: