Mega Cab runs 11.14@ Bradenton this weekend

Lets do the math for all of you guys that can't add.
The truck weighs 8160 without me in it.
the truck has a four inch lift
the JL audio stealth box
1 JL audio 450/4
1 JL audio 500/1
twin cp3 pumps
fast fuel system
1 nx big bottle
if you pull all of that off the truck that puts you around 7700lbs
I weigh 220lbs
8160+220=8380

Dalpilot said:
Gimme a few months, and I'll come play with ya in a Ford, with an international, in a daily driven truck. Pride has nothing to do with it. The fact of the matter is that the Cummins motor is hands down the best motor, and the Dodge truck it comes in is the biggest Chit box out there. I admire the fact that folks are putting the best pieces together, to build the truck that they should be able to order from the factory. You never hear anyone saying my Dodge is this and that, you always here them saying my Cummins is this and that. :kick:

And ford never had a motor worth a damn.

Is this really going to turn into a pissing match brandwar?

duratothemax, that is correct. My 05 cc 4x4 dually weighed in at 8,040 pounds with a camper top on it. Didn't someone else on here post that there stock mega wieghs in at 7700-7800 without them in it? I truely don't understand why people contest the weight of his truck. It is what it is..

wicked, you running twins or a big single?

I never got why ppl still b1tch about Spray.

If you have twins and a bottle, sure ok, someone can say something, MAYBE. however, you can purpose build a motor to require spary.

If you have a big single vs someone with twins, how fair is that if the single has to be on fuel only?

Figured this topic would be dead as the brand wars topics should be.

inline6359 said:
And ford never had a motor worth a damn.

Is this really going to turn into a pissing match brandwar?

if you're talking RACING motors, then don't speak too quickly, the 6.0 and 6.4 are still completely unproven on the track, if you're talking an overall everyday drivability motor that won't EVER break, then the 7.3 is there for ya... and don't forget that with cummins taking up like 80% of the high-performance diesel world, that means that these internationals RARELY get someone who knows what they're doing (doc is one of these special people who knows what he's doing..) but think about if 80% of the high-perfromance diesel world was using the 7.3 or 6.0... i would guess that they would be right around 850 hp on fuel only and above 1000hp on nitrous... all it takes is more money, and most people with lots of money will buy a cummins because it's the easy way out....

rant over :rockwoot:

I'm not gonna kill him on the wieght thing because my truck is a heavyweight for the configuration.
2wd CC F250...7600 lbs

There are 4wd's that weigh less...it is what it is.
Mine was much closer to 7000 when I bought it...add the weight of 2 sub enclosures, 4 amplifiers, 250 sqft of Dynamat Extreme, TV's, fiberglass bedcover, 22" wheels/tires, etc....the weight adds up fast.

I'll bet I have 50-60 lbs of wiring for the stereo in the damned thing.

Glasseater said:
if you're talking RACING motors, then don't speak too quickly, the 6.0 and 6.4 are still completely unproven on the track, if you're talking an overall everyday drivability motor that won't EVER break, then the 7.3 is there for ya... and don't forget that with cummins taking up like 80% of the high-performance diesel world, that means that these internationals RARELY get someone who knows what they're doing (doc is one of these special people who knows what he's doing..) but think about if 80% of the high-perfromance diesel world was using the 7.3 or 6.0... i would guess that they would be right around 850 hp on fuel only and above 1000hp on nitrous... all it takes is more money, and most people with lots of money will buy a cummins because it's the easy way out....

No need to rant, he started with the chitbox comments that are not even valid anymore and that hit a soft spot for me to.:hehe:

JasonCzerak said:
wicked, you running twins or a big single?

I never got why ppl still b1tch about Spray.

If you have twins and a bottle, sure ok, someone can say something, MAYBE. however, you can purpose build a motor to require spary.

If you have a big single vs someone with twins, how fair is that if the single has to be on fuel only?

Figured this topic would be dead as the brand wars topics should be.

I kinda look at it like this..... HP is HP doesn't mattwe how you make it. Guys have this idea that its free and easy to juice put nitrous on and make BIG HP, but in reality it takes time and money to get it tuned in correct. I was given tons of crap when I was running nitrous, folks saying it was cheating..... Fact is the guys making the most noise were guys without a dog in the hunt or were skeered to play with it. I think its awesome when guys break the 4 digit HP mark regardless of how it was done.

Now as for the Ford vs Cummins crap...... Well we all know the Cummins is a superior hot rod motor when compared to the 6.0 or 7.3. So I think its awesome DB is putting one in his Ford. Personally it would have been much easier to just go by a Dodge, but then again DB doesn't seem to do things the easy way.

Last edited:
I figure I could have easily put another 6.0 in my truck...spent the money I'm spending for the CR swap/mods and STILL had a 700 hp truck on nitrous....same money with the CR swap and we're looking at 4 digit numbers on nitrous.
It's simple math really.

If someone wants to b!tch because I spray it what do I care ?
I've always said when someone wants to make the payments on my truck they can have an opinion...untill then......the only person I have to please is me.

On the poundage, last ticket on my truck was 8600lbs with a full tank and me in it. With all the doodads Jorge has on his truck I can easily see his weight being reached.

Hey dont I get credit for starting threads that get the most views and replies??:rockwoot:
The first thread i started is up to 17k + views and this is my second time starting a thread and is almost at 5k views in a few days.

Glasseater said:

One of the reason the Cummins takes up the High Performance world is because the 5.9 has been around for over 20 years :rockwoot: . Not only does it give you reliability but you can make it into a rocket, as many here have proved time and time again.

How long was the 6.0 out for?
How long has the D-max been out for?
The 7.3 was the only other engine thats been around for a while but that motor just weighed to much and had to much displacement.
Now, if the 6.4 is what everyone says its going to be, it will be interesting (IMO I really doubt it).

The 7.3's issue has always been the HUEI fuel system...the way the fuel is injected and how that's controlled just sucks.
There are some common rail conversions in the works for the 7.3 that could take it to places never before possible. I wouldn't count that dinosaur out just yet.

If you can get the bottom ends to hold together the 7.3 might be able to make a comeback of sorts. With enough fuel anything is possible.

you mind telling how you dealt with the speed limiter. I'm suck where I'm at unless I can figured a way around it.

and for the record.... my truck weighs in a 8600lbs w/ me in it at a CAT scale.

Last edited:
Jetpilot said:
I kinda look at it like this..... HP is HP doesn't mattwe how you make it. Guys have this idea that its free and easy to juice put nitrous on and make BIG HP, but in reality it takes time and money to get it tuned in correct. I was given tons of crap when I was running nitrous, folks saying it was cheating..... Fact is the guys making the most noise were guys without a dog in the hunt or were skeered to play with it. I think its awesome when guys break the 4 digit HP mark regardless of how it was done.

Now as for the Ford vs Cummins crap...... Well we all know the Cummins is a superior hot rod motor when compared to the 6.0 or 7.3. So I think its awesome DB is putting one in his Ford. Personally it would have been much easier to just go by a Dodge, but then again DB doesn't seem to do things the easy way.

I'm 100% in line with you on the HP is HP deal. Hell, just tuning in this new edge box took 1/4 tank of fuel and I'm still not 100% finalized with things yet and there are only so many settings you can toy with!!!

W1cked said:
the rumor is not true I was at the track last night

What were the times and where is the video??

Oh, I forgot..............I bet lightning struck the timing lights again!!!:hehe:

W1cked........I think you need to consider this.......

You are trying to talk smack to a guy that is use to getting blood from a turnip ;) I was making 200 hp more out of a 7.3 than anyone thought was even possible and doing it over a year ago. I still, as far as I know, have the only full size Superduty work truck w/ a 7.3 in the 11's. And not once mind you, but multiple, video documented times.

Imagine what is going to happen when I put that same attitude towards this CR Cummins:kick:

You keep bringing up that I am putting a CR in because I'm trying to catch you? That is the most laughable thing I have ever heard!!!:hehe: YOU ARE NOBODY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could care less what a young punk with a big head and an annoying stereo in Bum F*** Florida does:what: I do what I do because I enjoy it. I'm using a CR Cummins because it's the best platform available to try and accomplish a goal I have set for myself. It has absolutly nothing to do with you or your truck! :rolleyes: Building the truck MYSELF is what makes it challenging. There is a big difference between buying a new truck, plopping some money down in Gabby's hand so he can build you an engine, turning a wrench or two here and there and acting like that is some great personal accomplishment and what I do:poke:

Like I said..............You are invited to Fall Brawl...........Hopefully there will be no less than 3 or 4 1000+ hp trucks there..........Come up and show us what you are made of!! :pop: