MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

As long as it's not into a wall then what's the harm in wheels up? :lolly:

For what it's worth I seen 9-11hp out of that carbon fiber drive shaft on a 8 second sweep from 70 to 120mph. Going from the heavy ass factory shaft with the damper. A full 0 to FAST 8 second sweep would show more.

Or foot under control.

79647b0048d1e66e6afb87a8a62609f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it's worth I seen 9-11hp out of that carbon fiber drive shaft on a 8 second sweep from 70 to 120mph. Going from the heavy ass factory shaft with the damper. A full 0 to FAST 8 second sweep would show more.

What was your reason for switching ?

imagine the 0-150 mph sweep in 4 seconds on the track!!!!

We only noticed a few hundreds of a second difference thou. it just takes alot more hp to make big differences on the track at this level.

however, It does look cool when it shatters :hehe: almost like confetti

What was your reason for switching ?

I needed to upgrade to the big u-joints any ways. So at that point it wasn't really a huge jump to the carbon fiber shaft. For a sled puller it's really a complete waste but on anything that accelerates and the faster you accelerate the more you'll see from it. Even then it's pretty small.

fd5d2826261c887b92dd1dfd0f1d0ea1.jpg

So I went through the pains of wiring this damn thing to my single coily cord last night, only to figure out that even with the wires separated on the sparco horn button, regardless of which one you press, it still activates both circuits. I get to yank the yellow buttons out now, shove red buttons in there and try to not FFF up the steering wheel too much in the process. FML.

It's SHughes fault too....

Last edited:
= Oh Sh!T button!!!!!

Yea, going from WOT to sideways is no fun, I want my oh **** button within easy reach!

T-Brake with bump switch?

Ya, theory of operation goes like this...

My trans brake button will power main trans brake circuit as well as activate launch control in the ECM. Launch control takes the engine to a pre set boost or RPM and holds it there regardless of throttle position (on the wood!). Trans brake step in button breaks the circuit going to the transmission itself by a preset amount of time regardless of how long you hold the step button for (adjustable by tenths or hundredths of a second).

So... if i play my cards right on setup of this thing, I should be able to idle into single bulb, grab the trans brake, let the engine overcome its own boost reference fuel limiter and get to a pre determined RPM without making a smoke show, once its ready to party I bump myself into double bulb, hold it to the floor, wait for the tree to drop yellow and let off the trans brake...

If it actually works, I'll be amazed, but I'm going to at least try :Cheer:

Back