MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

but if he read it on the internet , well you know.
504edaea531528b54565452f5503a17b.jpg

This place has really become a joke!!! I have been here from the beginning!!! And i have brought many people to this sight when it was once an awesome place to talk and share ideas. It has turned into a fuking click group... There is hardly and real info on here any more. I feel sorry for the two great guys that stared it!!!

Last edited:
Sorry to clutter up build thread of an awesome truck!!!
Josh, kindly mention the tire sizes you were running. IIRC, the truck was a VE powered RCSB (same wheelbase as miniwheat) with street radials up front and MT ET Street bias plys on the rear? Or did you get the radial slicks? I can't remember; it's been awhile.

31x10.50x15 radial slicks.. After that I did have some bias for a min... They went bye bye!! We all have screwed up weight bias as it it, then why aggravate the the problem running radial up front and Bias out back...

Ran into an interesting dilemma today trying to order a drive shaft.

From axle yoke flange face to trans output seal is 63.75"

Weight on the truck is 4500# with a hopeful power output of 1500RWHP and 2500TQ. If I can trap 165mph (goal), that puts drive shaft RPM at 5750RPM thru the traps.

Strange and MW both recommended a 1480 series 3.5" Chromoly Shaft... EXCEPT, they won't make one a **** hair over 60" due to the weight of the Chromoly and it supposedly turning into a jump rope at 5750RPM. They could make an aluminum one survive the length/RPM but not the power/weight.

Both of them pointed me to PST Shafts... they'll make me a 3.75" 1480 shaft at the length I need and said it'll survive 2800ft/lbs as long as I don't tire shake and stay in the throttle.... so... we'll see if it lives

http://pstds.com/shop/all-carbon-fiber/3-75-carbon-fiber-1480/

These guys are a sponsor of mine and made the shaft on my truck. http://www.mdsdriveshaft.com/
My shaft is 5" aluminum with 1480 u-joints on both ends. Couldn't hurt just to talk to them and see what they could do for you.
I have never had a problem with any of the shafts they have made for me. Granted I don't make 1500rwhp or 2500tq and don't run nowhere near 165mph. But my truck 60ft with the best of them and left the line of the trans brake at 72psi of boost.

Here's another dilemma.. I HAVE to put company & sponsor logo's on the truck... I got my wrap guys to tone it down and keep everything off the top half of the truck and ditch the sign... honest opinion on this setup or what do you guys suggest?

86ed266cbfba5b117e2e1d8800801074.jpg

046cf90e6a62f5c4ccfdef0882765d27.jpg

Last edited:
Better IMHO...but it's your truck, do what you want with it. We just have to look at it. LOL

Maybe make Hardway stand out a little more since you're promoting your business.

Or just do everywhere it says hardway in yellow so it stands out, but isn't too ostentatious

I really don't see logos of that size really adding much HP...

They need to be much bigger!

The O and the P are far too close to each other!!!

But not the F and the U. LOL

Back