MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

I think it looks good for branding. Most would want to just keep it black but they don't get the advertisement side of it.

sorry buddy, but NO. just go full print , no logo mixed in.

damn , miniweak is looking soooo good !

a19a4262d66e20ea668d571cd95e4ea6.jpg

Yay or nay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you can make it look any better at this point. (unless you get some nice front drag wheels). So, it's a no from me (in my best simon cowell voice).

But, if you have to do it for business purposes, the graphics you chose aren't bad at all.

We used radials on the front of our truck until last year and had no issues. The only reason we switched was for weight savings. The truck acted the same going down the track with both setups.

Bias and radial do not mix!!!

Covered that already *bdh*

Got any technical data or first hand info to back that up or just doing the same thing everyone else does and regurgitating what you've read/been told/seen on the internet?

We used radials on the front of our truck until last year and had no issues. The only reason we switched was for weight savings. The truck acted the same going down the track with both setups.

Thanks J, did you notice any gains by switching to the lighter tires?

I ran radials up front and bias in the rear for a long time and saw no difference when I switched to drag tires up front. I think you will be fine.
My truck always dances around at the top end no matter what tires I have on the front. I just let it do it's thing and don't try and correct it by steering.

99% it's going to be fine. Its the 1% of the time were it can be a little iffy. Bcdeutsch731 is right no quick movements of the steering wheel. I have driven with radial up front and Bias out back it can give the feeling of having two tires almost flat in the rear.. Like i said usually its fine but its when something goes wrong. No real hard facts here but i believe when Gary went into the wall bias and radial could have been a factor of it making a hard right turn..

YOUR TRUCK IS TURNING OUT AMAZING!!!!

A little insight i found out there.

Ok, here's the skinny (pun intended). If (and this is a BIG IF) you wish to mix radial and bias ply tires, NEVER put the bias on the rear. It doesn't matter if the car is front, rear or all wheel drive.

The reason is a tire quality known as "progressivity." Progessivity is a tendency the tire has to lose adhesion to the road while under cornering loads. The more progressive a tire is, the more you will "feel" it start to slip, (understeer if on front, oversteer if on rear) before it actually loses traction. If a tire has little progressivity, it will slip with little indication to the driver whereas a tire with a lot of progressivity will give indications it is losing traction progressively rather than suddenly. Why is this important? Radial tires, by nature, have a LOT of progressivity. You can "feel" when they are about to lose traction better than bias. It is better, in street conditions, to have a bit of understeer (so you can feel the front getting loose and let off the gas) rather than have the rear end come around during a corner. For most drivers, it is easier to control the front of the car than the rear.

For this reason, when I sold tires, we were strictly forbidden to put bias ply tires (snow tread or otherwise) on the rear of a car that had radial front tires. We were also not allowed to put a lower speed rating on the rear than on the front and we were also barred from putting a higher aspect ratio tire (70 series vs. 50 series, for example) on the rear of car.

In my opinion, Radial front tires on the front of a car with drag radials are THE way to go. First, you are going to have less rolling resistance than a bias ply tire and second, you will have better handling, should you need it.

Makes perfect sense...in a street vehicle. 1320 at a time, if the truck gets turned that far at any appreciably speed...he's already fukked.

Covered that already *bdh*

Got any technical data or first hand info to back that up or just doing the same thing everyone else does and regurgitating what you've read/been told/seen on the internet?

but if he read it on the internet , well you know.

Back