MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

c39ed7ccf07d386dc84cb886744facbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to run Welds on the fronts too hopefully?

Eventually, there was a conflict with what weld had to offer vs bolt pattern, weight capacity and a wheel big enough to fit over factory HEMI brakes. I settled for factory front wheel and a Nitto NT05 that's W speed rated and weight rated sufficiently.

That looks like a Precision shifter, which one did you go with?

That truck is AMAZING!

I have one question...is there a concern running a larger radial up front with a bias slick in the back?

I've heard that, but what's a worse evil, mixing bias and radial, or running tires that aren't weight rated?

That looks like a Precision shifter, which one did you go with?

It is, same shifter I ran last year, not sure on the exact model but it's forward pattern and air actuated.

1320 at a time....I'd be more concerned about the weight rating.

The issue I have always heard is that radials up front don't "push" if the back starts sliding around. I think Jared has run radials up front and never saw him have a problem, so maybe just here say?

If by "push" you're referring to understeer, NT05s won't push. I have 285/35s on the front of my car and they understeer at anything over lateral 1.14g's...Which hopefully Ryan will never see.

Granted, completely different application, but a pretty sticky street tire nonetheless.

Last edited:
If by "push" you're referring to understeer, NT05s won't push. I have 285/35s on the front of my car and they understeer at anything over lateral 1.14g's...Which hopefully Ryan will never see.

Granted, completely different application, but a pretty sticky tire nonetheless.

What did you do to the Cruze to get it to grip like that?!

Back