MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

Isn't pro street 4500lb minimum?

Yes, there is a prostreet minimum of 4500lbs. Nothing wrong with having a chassis extra safe though. And if it comes out lighter I see nothing wrong with setting personal bests at preballast weight.

I'm seeing prostreet being an 8.50 class at some point unless something changes to allows them to go faster at that weight. Trucks are getting closer and closer to it lately.

Last edited:
I would imagine padding is involved at the helmet level..

I bet you're right. Just noticed that he isn't running containment/halo seat.

Yes, there is a prostreet minimum of 4500lbs. Nothing wrong with having a chassis extra safe though. And if it comes out lighter I see nothing wrong with setting personal bests at preballast weight.

I'm seeing prostreet being an 8.50 class at some point unless something changes to allows them to go faster at that weight. Trucks are getting closer and closer to it lately.

Good points, but I'm going to guess that mini-wheat won't be anywhere near 3600 pre-ballast.

670133aec9e9784eafc430a90edb25d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points, but I'm going to guess that mini-wheat won't be anywhere near 3600 pre-ballast.

Agreed I'd guess in the 4200lbs area. So the 25.5 cert is only benefitting in safety. Or maybe a future aluminum engine, power glide, single turbo, and female driver.

Agreed I'd guess in the 4200lbs area. So the 25.5 cert is only benefitting in safety. Or maybe a future aluminum engine, power glide, single turbo, and female driver.

I just wish this thing was going to be done in time for bakersfield.

I just wish this thing was going to be done in time for bakersfield.

Well, the truck is supposed to be here tomorrow... I have A LOT to accomplish in the meantime though, Bakersfield would be a miracle

Failed electric water pump is the reason I overheated and spit a lower radiator hose last year, which resulted in sideways at 118mph in the 1/8 and eventually the wall twice. I'll have a belt fed pump and AN fittings on my radiator now, please and thank you ?

Well, the truck is supposed to be here tomorrow... I have A LOT to accomplish in the meantime though, Bakersfield would be a miracle

is that why your phone is in a drawer ?

No that goes on silent in the desk drawer during business hours because it drives me up the wall

Same cert on my Camino, the issue I faced was getting the weight down to 3600 lbs as that is the maximum weight allowed for the cert. I was told by NHRA Chassis inspector that it won't pass tech if over that weight. What's crazy is my truck 8.5 cert has no weight limit and has no where near the safety factor of the Camino. Pandora's box it is as we are creating rigs that NHRA had no clue were possible.

Last edited:
Same cert on my Camino, the issue I faced was getting the weight down to 3600 lbs as that is the maximum weight allowed for the cert. I was told by NHRA Chassis inspector that it won't pass tech if over that weight. What's crazy is my truck 8.5 cert has no weight limit and has no where near the safety factor of the Camino. Pandora's box it is as we are creating rigs that NHRA had no clue were possible.

That's definitely where we're going. Hopefully with the NHRDA being an ASO for the NHRA now and with the headway John Robinson is making in the NHRA circuit maybe we'll get someone to finally turn an attentive ear our way... but how many tracks do we have to get thrown out of before that happens?

It would be nice to meet in the middle on weight someday. Lot of work to update an existing 8.50 chassis. Not much of an issue now, but in 3 years I bet there are several trucks petitioning for some rules changes.

Back