Mis-Matched? No longer.

I'll get pics. Just talked to FI. they sent me a bone tock s300g outlet.

Crazy's email said:
"The S300G needs to be 3rd gen 90* forward comp outlet and 4.4 flat faced turbine outlet" and I recall relaying that info to FI.

So.. I dunno. FI said I could possible find a 300g outlet and have it welded on the hot pipe to match the turbo.

More calls.

So you have an hx40 style 4" flange? Lots of places sell the adapters but it will probably throw the alignment of everything off. Be easier to get the flange replaced on the hot pipe.

Sent from Razr Maxx

I'm looking... calling around. Calling Deer places since they are closer then cummins N power now. I'm sure I can find a machine shop to swap the part

Last edited:
2ehabeme.jpg

gy4ememy.jpg

yrapudav.jpg

ok.. so looking back on emails... FI just got the info wrong via phone calls.

Both good suggestions from calls from Carl and FI. The plan here is to take the hot pipe, clamp and s300 housing to a machine shop and ask them to match em up.

modifying the hot pipe will make everything out of wack.

Jason, what exactly was mismatched before? I didn't know much about your setup, except I remember the smarty, and I think I remember it was a 366. And the killer stance.

Jason, what exactly was mismatched before? I didn't know much about your setup, except I remember the smarty, and I think I remember it was a 366. And the killer stance.

According to "people". everything. :) But then you got shops with 71mm singles , same size injectors and EFI doing just fine.

I'd have a lot of injector rattle and smoke and this and that and this. the problem is real apparent with the colder weather and a manual trans. The auto helped a lot and it's rare to rattle the crap out of stuff when you can keep the rpm's up and boost up during shifts.

TPiS is right down the road from me. they make some... fast stuff. :) Dropped it off and they'll have it done in a few hours. Maybe this can be salvaged and done today yet! :)

First time twin install with parts from two different companies in one day? Your optimistic!

Go slow...take your time...and don't make a mistake. Get everything aligned right and correctley tightened.

I ran an A5k without rattles btw...it just takes the right injecctors and tuning.

Make sure the machist keeps the flange face the right distance from the center section side of the exhaust housing. Call FI for that dimension....they can measure one in stock.

If you blow that too much...your interstage piping will not align.

This is day 2.5. spent a few hours each day dismantling things since sunday. plus several hours planning my rewire and shopping for other parts.

Its been a bunch of work trying to get work done! :)

machining done! looks awesome!

y5u7yqaq.jpg

Left a centering grove per Carl's suggestion.

2aretuba.jpg

7eve2y2u.jpg

The one clamp I got makes for a solid hold.. but its not getting to the bottom of the grove. I'm going to assemble and see what happens after a heat cycle unless someone will tell me it's just not going to work :) My other option is to hit up truck repair shops or have Carl ship one.

4eje9e8e.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't need to get all the way to the bottom of the groove. Looks good.

Awesome! thanks for the clarification.

When I tighten the clamp down the 2 ends meet, there's still 1/4 of thread left on the bolt. I'm going trim back some of the inner circle to allow for some more tightening and call it good and while I still have energy, get that s400 mounted up.

Back on track. got the wiring all dealt with around the left side of the motor. It's going to look much cleaner on that side with a few more wires tucked in and around the fender.

hopefully I'll be out for some cruising... tomorrow night. :)

as I see it, they are still miss matched, those two turbos are no where's near the same size......... good luck with the build bud.

I had to disconnect the tube to get the turbo in place.. it's now almost in place. I seem to have misplaced my 1/2" socket right in front me me... There's just a few turns left on the modified stock bolts since the ones provided just stopped turning.... and getting the studs in there isn't going to be fun.

any who time for a break.

On another node. The kit has a 9/16" spacer between manifold and small turbo. what's the people opinion on drill and tapping it fro 1/8" ntp for EGT and Drive pressure? routing the EGT and Drive stuff to what is now under the manifold doesn't look fun. There wouldn't be much meat left in the place I don't think...

Last edited:
Glad to hear everything is working out for you Jason! I'm stoked to hear how the truck runs once you've had some time dialing in the compound set-up man! Should be sweet now that you're not mis-matching your pants off anymoreLOL:D.