Mis-Matched? No longer.

That is an SS spacer and not easily drilled/tapped but it could be done.

I regret tapping my stainless manifold. The threads turned to chit after a few months, and i had trouble keeping the fitting in there, but maybe because I used a standard brass fitting, I don't know.

Also, as far as cracking the thin wall after drilling it out, I don't think it would do that if you were careful and make sure you come straight in with the bit.

not worried about easy, with the right tools, hence finding a shop with a press, just worried about the part failing after the fact, assuming stuff went in straight.

I'd rather do this then route the lines under the manifold for several reasons.

Really? turned to chit as in how? metal pulled out? The Autometer fittings are brass. just the metal expanding/contracting messing things up?

not worried about easy, with the right tools, hence finding a shop with a press, just worried about the part failing after the fact, assuming stuff went in straight.

Worst case, it fails, you can easily get a new spacer. $.02

Really? turned to chit as in how? metal pulled out? The Autometer fittings are brass. just the metal expanding/contracting messing things up?

I'd like to say it was expansion, but I don't know how brass and stainless expand comparatively.

Yes, the fittings literally just pulled right now, like there were no threads in the the holes. Now that i'm thinking about it and fully awake, these holes came pre drilled and tapped, I didn't drill on this manifold. You should be alright if you just barely snug the fittings. It just seems like stainless is really soft and easily stripped, but it could have been the manifold.

Last edited:
Meh. fuk it.. going to drill and tap the manifold on top, while it's on the truck. heh.

If you got time, wait for someone elses opinion, as mine doesn't hold much weight LOL Unless you really don't feel comfortable doing it.

I thought SS was hard too, it's f'n steel. But it might just be the manifold, I could have went to tight on the fitting, etc... who knows. I don't have the best of luck with stuff.

If you are going to tap ss use a ss tap and lots of antiseize on the threads when tightening otherwise chunking the threads is likely to happen.

Argh. I can't figure out how to make this pipe fit....

asepa2a2.jpg

On the big turbo outlet, I have to bend the crap outa my A/C lines. They've never been touched before. I think I can make that work.

Last edited:
Couldn't you clock the turbo a little to fit the pipe? Looks like in the picture you could but could be deceiving.

leaving the turbo in the general area. we cut a touch over 2" out of the first vertical run on the pipe from the intercooler inlet. lines up nicely. plenty of room to the hood, almost 2 inches.

we'll see how well it holds :)

Drill and tap the top of the manifold. Don't run the tap in any further than you need. I use anti sieze and a copper washer ontop as a gasket/spacer so the fitting does not stick into the manifold port...just the probe.

looks good! dont rush anything, thats how **** gets ruined, ask me how I know ....

IDK if I missed it, but what are the spect on the turbos?