Mis-Matched? No longer.

Damn, might as well built the piping yourself, nothing's fitting worth shat. Sure going to need to figure out why the secondary isn't bolting flush to the manifold. The cold pipe to secondary compressor is ass as well, should have a nice rolled lip there the right distance away.

Good progress considering.

If I had the skill set and tools, I would of.

-----

Day 4 is today and it's getting old and I'm starting to hurt like an old man. I tracked down some radiator hose, no fault of the kit, I goofed on the one drain line size and also decided to extend that one water line. I hope 1" can work with out leaking with a clamp just right..

Need to track down one of them button looking things big enough to hold up that insulation over the hot pipe. My oil bypass kit kind of held it up, but it's no long installed due to the twin kit and installing the bypass kit years ago, I busted that out. heh.

Also, I'd like to get that trans dip stick tube re-bent to the other side of the hot pipe. It touching it. I bet even that hard plastic would melt making contact with the vband. So a few things that warrant a tear down.

Stay tuned.

Damn, might as well built the piping yourself, nothing's fitting worth shat. Sure going to need to figure out why the secondary isn't bolting flush to the manifold. The cold pipe to secondary compressor is ass as well, should have a nice rolled lip there the right distance away.

Good progress considering.

The reason the secondary isn't bolting flush is because of bolting the primary solid to the block. Now you have 2 pieces bolted solid to the block=primary & exhaust manifold. Now your trying to insert the hotpipe and secondary between those 2 pieces and expecting a prefect alignment. AIN'T gonna happen.

7/8" hose can be had from a farm implement dealer. Case, John Deere and the like.

There is no way I would be happy with that kit for what people charge.

Following Jim's instructions, I got the hot pipes to all line up. For a little there I didn't think the down pipe would even fit, like it's too short, but maybe it'll work out after all.

Then I go to just lose fit the between stages pipe and it's not going to line up! hahahah. I wonder if that tiny bit thicker gasket between the s400 and hot pipe is the problem. the s400 is on a slight angle point down

Bolt the secondary up tight to the manifold. Bolt the primary up tight to the support bracket. If the hot pipe fits bolt it up tight, if not throw it in the trash with the rest of that sh!t and have the truck towed to someone that'll build the piping right.
Problem solved!

ok..... w00t! more tweaking, more moving... It looks like everything will line up! down pipe, interstage pipe, intercooler pipe. oil lines..

So the only problem with the "kit" thus far is for sure the intercooler pipe was wrong length and I'm not so so about that bracket. It certainly helped when installing by myself, however as I went to tighten it up last after the turbo flanges were all tight it started to "tweak" a little, just a little. but it's bolts are up on the manifold and ready to go.

so, going to connect the rest of the stuff up, oil up the turbo's and fire up the motor! w00t!

I have no idea why you are having such a hard time. My kit from Carl's fit pretty Dam perfect. No trips forhardware or plumbing. Just clocking the turbos and it all fell into place.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Problem #435. Oil feed lines. The fitting from my single S366 will is to small for this s300. The fitting FI put in there is a funky brass thing that nothing will attach to from the kit. so I'm off to find something that'll fit if there's nothing in my box of misc parts. For the s400 feed, the fitting gets in about half way then gets tight, should be fine, I h ope.

Both new turbo's have different bolts for the oil drains, not even the drain bolts for my s366 work. I'm assuming BW changed something on that front. Bolts from the bolt bucket solved this. But just and FYI for the folks watching at home.

I have no idea why you are having such a hard time. My kit from Carl's fit pretty Dam perfect. No trips forhardware or plumbing. Just clocking the turbos and it all fell into place.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I dunno dude. I've gotten PM's about quality issues form others. I'm not the only one.

You sure about that?:redx:

Now I can't wait for the thread from numb nutz complaining about how he doesn't make 300 hp more than he did before :doh:

Don't want 300, just 200. :)

No...It's not fair to take advantage of the mentally challenged.

But I will guarantee you that you won't make 200 more by just putting those turbos on.:poke:

pffft excuses. Take the bet old man or go away and take some Geritol and calm down old man.