Mis-Matched? No longer.

i had the GF in the driver seat watching factory oil (broke my autometer one) and hand on the key with a bunch of rags and fire extinguisher handy.

All because you changed some turbos...

pretty confident in your work huh?

:hehe:LOL:hehe:

Your nuts crawled up into your stomach a little bit when you first started it, didn't they? LOL

That first fire up always makes me cringe....

Yep, like what is going to be wrong, got one coming here soon......not looking forward to that feeling.

Jim

Yep, like what is going to be wrong, got one coming here soon......not looking forward to that feeling.

Jim

Don't worry jim, ill turn the key for you if you'd like. That way you can blame it on me and save some stress LOL. Ill even test drive it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I'll need a day to formulate my words for how kick ass this setup is, at only 40psi (40psi drive too!), thinking im doing 40, but really 65.. soooooo smooth.

ill get something setup for the between stage boost soon. for now i have the bullseye gate about 1/2 way. not nearly as tight as i had my single.

Its so damn quiet!!!!! the exhaust kinda used to announce it self from blocks away. Now its like, stock with a nice muffler loud.

The turbos make a weird noise. more of a wind then whistle. I think Ron had a video that sounded like these.

That teflon drain isnt going to work. slight leak. going to order up some 7/8 from source, and get that s300 cover milled down while outa town.

heh, i did get it to rattle... lol. same single 66 tune obviously.

Last edited:
9eduze8e.jpg

It's defiantly more then 25whp faster, just dropping the turbos on. Stuff like, breaking the nitto's lose at 50-60mph in 1:1 @ 1/2 -3/4 throttle is possible.

This thing runs so damn clean. There is no smoke on the throttle. There's still a little tiny puff to get going aggressively.

I did one full throttle pull in 4x4 rolling into 3rd about 35mph-I dunno. But I saw 70psi of boost, didn't notice boost or drive. Looking behind me, I couldn't see any smoke. The single would be a smoking like crazy, struggling to make 50psi on the same run, and I've done this same run several times. The butt dyno suggests faster.

So, once I figure out where that primary is at boost wise I'll start tossing darts higher on the SSR. I could hear a decent turbo whistle on that 70psi run. I just hope I'm not over driving that little guy.

70psi in 3rd on the same tune that could almost make 58 in OD.... LOL that's bad ass.

Last edited:
Rip(Source Automotive) sells a stainless flex oil drain that is very nice. Glad to hear you got it up and running.

RonA

Ok...so stock head...70 psi of boost. I give you tops 800 hp right now. So....almost a hundred gain with zero tuning and no smoke...what does that tell you about before?

Learning anything yet...because I SO TOLD YOU SO!

Redneck tuning...at 80 psi total boost...have 35 to 40 out of your primary and try to keep drive under 85 psi.

Ok...so stock head...70 psi of boost. I give you tops 800 hp right now. So....almost a hundred gain with zero tuning and no smoke...what does that tell you about before?

Learning anything yet...because I SO TOLD YOU SO!

Redneck tuning...at 80 psi total boost...have 35 to 40 out of your primary and try to keep drive under 85 psi.

almost 100 eh? Dockboy told me not even 25. WTF? :shake:

I have yet to get on it in OD and stay in it to see where boost ends up, if it runs like it did before in OD I should make a little more boost correct? I suppose I'll find out.

What it tells me about before is I couldn't get the SSR turned down enough in the right areas. :) LOL I'm sure UDC/EFI would of made it driveable before.

As far as driveablilty, I could let a novice drive it (all manual VB aside) and they could do well in traffic with out a smoke cloud following. Certainly tune it down to where it'll be quick, but pull that 800 down to a more manageable 400-450 I'm sure. That would not be possible before, not at all.

it's been a few weeks since i've looked at hte SSR box, but IIRC, LLT 24-26, LLD 16 or 18, LLR 15-ish, HLD 16, HLR 15, HLT34 with 1.5b. There room for more fuel in the ECU for sure.

Last edited:
Looks like alot of fun. When you taking me for a ride?

Have you tried Napa for the hose. I'm almost positive that the one by my house carrys 7/8th hose.