Mis-Matched? No longer.

This is exactly the situation I tell customers wanting quotes on twin pipes, especially if they dont have fab or mechanical skills, and the come at me with some "way cheaper option"

But glad to hear you like them, cant wait to see that that thing does at the track! Starting to think that going big single wasnt the best idea...o well we will see.

Last edited:
It's defiantly more then 25whp faster, just dropping the turbos on. Stuff like, breaking the nitto's lose at 50-60mph in 1:1 @ 1/2 -3/4 throttle is possible.

This thing runs so damn clean. There is no smoke on the throttle. There's still a little tiny puff to get going aggressively.

I did one full throttle pull in 4x4 rolling into 3rd about 35mph-I dunno. But I saw 70psi of boost, didn't notice boost or drive. Looking behind me, I couldn't see any smoke. The single would be a smoking like crazy, struggling to make 50psi on the same run, and I've done this same run several times. The butt dyno suggests faster.

So, once I figure out where that primary is at boost wise I'll start tossing darts higher on the SSR. I could hear a decent turbo whistle on that 70psi run. I just hope I'm not over driving that little guy.

70psi in 3rd on the same tune that could almost make 58 in OD.... LOL that's bad ass.

That set is going to compound really hard down low, I'd resist the urge to fuel the piss out of it there, your rods will appreciate it.

Looks like alot of fun. When you taking me for a ride?

Have you tried Napa for the hose. I'm almost positive that the one by my house carrys 7/8th hose.

The warehouse in St. loius park didn't have it... no other locations on their computer had it at the time. Not all napa stores are connected.

since the teflon is leaking, i've ordered up some 7/8 from Rip/Source + piece on the block that curved to make it more of a straight shot.

looks good, lets get a few vids of drive by with gf shooting for ya.

So, we will see you on Saturday when you put it on the rollers, right?

:poke:

No. Vacation. Even if I didn't have a vacation I wouldn't bother wasting my time.

That set is going to compound really hard down low, I'd resist the urge to fuel the piss out of it there, your rods will appreciate it.

yeah, 60mph and it's at 6psi. That's like twice the boost cruising vs the 66. That's like stock boost at cruise. I may actually take a touch of fuel out of it on the bottom end to see if I can get the quick throttle increase puff to go away. But yeah, right now it can make some crazy boost under 2000pm real fast.

looks good, lets get a few vids of drive by with gf shooting for ya.

ha. She'd tell me to jump in a lake. I'll dust off my gopro

Last edited:
I'm getting compound envy..
Looks good Jason, looks really slick. Just one battery?

I'm getting compound envy..
Looks good Jason, looks really slick. Just one battery?

yeah. I'll have it parked all winter so no need. Starts and runs fun. Kept all the OEM battery cables. Got some new stuff from the autoparts store to ground the block and attach the alternator to the drivers battery. nicely cleaned up..

Even if someone is to do this install and intends to keep both batteries, I recommend removing the battery and tray just to have more room working around things. It was nice to just get my self with in the fenders to muscle the s400 in place.

The warehouse in St. loius park didn't have it... no other locations on their computer had it at the time. Not all napa stores are connected.

since the teflon is leaking, i've ordered up some 7/8 from Rip/Source + piece on the block that curved to make it more of a straight shot.

Intersting. It been over a yr since I bought it from the Blaine Napa but I would think they would still have it. I will ask tomorrow when I stop in there. How much do you need I have some left over from my drain for my turbo sled but I think its only 12-18" long.

Intersting. It been over a yr since I bought it from the Blaine Napa but I would think they would still have it. I will ask tomorrow when I stop in there. How much do you need I have some left over from my drain for my turbo sled but I think its only 12-18" long.

None. Already ordered some. Thank you tho!

Oil pressure is interesting with the twins vs singe with bypass filter. With the bypass at idle it was 20psi, with the twins, 25psi.

Don't think I'll need the bypass with a clean running truck.

popped my first boot.. On the banks intake horn. It survived 70 psi a few days ago, a few 60psi's. I turned the fuel up a little a few days ago and was playing around with the low end mostly, but today I had a straight shot of open road and let it open in 2nd, instant spin in 2wd, grabbed 3rd and POP. The hood looked like it levitated!

Motor runs surprisingly well on a vaccum! hafter I figured out the motor was still running and didn't see a trail of oil behind me I motored on down the road to the nearest turn off to get off the road, drove well! LOL.

Looks like the tubing isn't perfectly aligned at the intake horn, at least not after re-assembling on the side of the road. Plus the paint I have on the horn is slick. So some sanding and adjusting is in order.

Spray some hair spray on it before you reassemble it. That'll help it hold.

and then take it to the track before it closes. If you aren't in 10's before snow falls, I'm deleting you from facebook.