Mis-Matched? No longer.

Didn't even think of that. I'll pull that one off when I get home and have a look see

Well, this was the last boot in the system. As far as getting them off, sure, brute force, but I was looking for a trick or two. :)
These work wonders for getting seized on rubber hose off. Stick the pointy end in and around the hose go around it and it will come right off. I have the snap-on ones and they tend to bend instead of break which is nice but any cheap one will work for what you will need.

http://www.restockit.com/4-7-8-extra-long-hook-tool-%28sgt13800%29.html?source=IDx20111014x00001g&utm_source=IDx20111014x00001g&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=comparison&utm_term=DynamicPropertyName_SKU&bvar10=googlepla&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=SGT13800&kw={keyword}&adtype=pla

so, i think i hurt the head gasket. i got a knocking under the cowl.

:( seems slower to spool.

:(

This gasket is several years old. had a few torques on it when installed.

Didn't know i should of re torqued it for the twins.

The radiator fluid box let some go.however, i did change out 5 gallons and had it on the full mark cold,..

How much timing are you running.....lol oh yeah your still on the smarty....and as Forest Gump would say, The Smarty's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get.

625's holding it down or regulars? There should be signs of soot if your leaking. Air under the rad cap bad.

Last edited:
How much timing are you running.....lol oh yeah your still on the smarty....and as Forest Gump would say, The Smarty's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get.

625's holding it down or regulars? There should be signs of soot if your leaking. Air under the rad cap bad.

he has the babies

Looks like soot on the hot pipe header wrap.

its makes good power then falls flat. almost like the primary isn't doing anything. cruising egts are about 100 higher. cruising drive is a few psi low

That and coolant out the coolant tank over flow,buti did have a lot of new 50/50 in there.

boots look good

going to tighten the hot pipe clamp and see.

hlt 36 hld 20 hlr 15

hlt 36 hld 20 hlr 15

The hell you say...what language is that?? :hehe:

I'm wondering if that secondary didn't take an ass kickin when you blew the boot off giving you the slower spool.

Yet you made higher boost after right?

The MLS gaskets have a funny way of kinda sealing up after a cool down. Blow some more coolant out you'll know for sure.

The hell you say...what language is that?? :hehe:

That's all I got :) I put it back down to 32, a number below "#7 settings" for 1.5

I'm wondering if that secondary didn't take an ass kickin when you blew the boot off giving you the slower spool.

Yet you made higher boost after right?

The MLS gaskets have a funny way of kinda sealing up after a cool down. Blow some more coolant out you'll know for sure.

So, when I got home, I had limited time to get ready for this trip and get the truck hairsprayed to "blend in" with the rest of the fast cars and have a little fun tonight being it's the mid 60's still. I fixed up the horn side and took a peak at the compressor wheel. It spun with a little push for several seconds. Perfect up and down and side to side play. not hosing contract. Looked good. Drove fine actually after I took some fuel back out (was trying more LLD, less LLT). I'll look in the charge tube to the inter cooler when I pull the cover to have the snout machined down in a week.

After the 78psi OD pull. it was running just fine. After we left the one area I got on it in 1:1 and I thought it was the camaro in front of me deaccelerating and popping... was me! :(

---

Anywho. I just got home. I didn't have the proper tool to get at the vband on the hot pipe on the road. Still drove fine. no funny noises pushed it to half throttle a few times, was just fine. When I shut it down in the garage I listened to the turbo spin down, it was normal.

Went to tighten the vband for the hot pipe and I put a good 2 turns on it and it was super loose, like it wasn't even making contact kinda lose! 4-5 more turns it was a steady pressure, wasn't getting any tighter. Previously in this thread it looked good, but I did mention it was clamping shut right on top of it self. where the other clamps I've used never touch ends. I'm going to ask Carl to send me a new one since I never did find the one he sent before (and I know I had it!). This plus the soot all over the hot pipe wrap where the "V" part has spaces around the clamp leads me to believe the lack of boost and noise is a huge leak.

Crap, do I have to loosen the s400 before I can loosen the vband and replace it? or can I get away with just replacing the clamp???

------

coolant overspill. I'll look under the cap in the morning to see if there's air and/or oil. Next week I'll drain a little coolant out of the system. When hot it fills that container right? if I had too much could explain that.

---

Head studs... argh. should I just put a twist on them?