Mis-Matched? No longer.

Drill and tap the top of the manifold. Don't run the tap in any further than you need. I use anti sieze and a copper washer ontop as a gasket/spacer so the fitting does not stick into the manifold port...just the probe.

I just tapped for the EGT on the top. I think there's plenty of room for the drive to bend some copper around things.

looks good! dont rush anything, thats how **** gets ruined, ask me how I know ....

IDK if I missed it, but what are the spect on the turbos?

Since I have no carrot at the end of the stick anymore, I'm slowing down ;-)

I still hope to fire it up tonight and take it for a drive tomorrow if it's dark by the time I fire it up.

S483 + Race cover, 1.32 (96mm wheel)

S300 3rd gen style 63/68 - some new fancy BW setup.

90% sure the .84 is the only one out there for the 68 wheel, I loved my 63 even with the ungated .91.

anyways, enjoy, looks like a killer setup

So, there's a 1/8" gap on the left side. this turbo won't site flush. 1/8, flange to flange, not including the gasket.

I have a "thicker" gasket for the T-6. I have to pull it apart to measure it better but the best I could do with the caliper was .054-ish vs the one int he kit around .015-ish. that's not enough to make up 1/8, but 1/5 of the difference.

I'm going to call napa to find out if there's really thick gaskets I can get to a makeup for 0.1-ish over the 2 that are in there.

I could take a swipe on the bracket's top side where the s400 sites to make up for a little room there as well. I'd hate to brake that apart and have my neighbor re-weld it.

Or am I just tightening things down wrong here? I had the exhaust v-band lose, the top v-band lose but snug and started to tighen the bolts. I'd had to have the top turbo press on the big turbo's housing and cause it to get a little out of wack over time.

3ataza7a.jpg

This tube suppose to go inside the little turbo like this?

bydupe8e.jpg

Last edited:
What's with the small charge pipe??

going into the input like that? I dunno. It's almost like the front cover is longer then a normal S300. I should take some measurements and compare to my single 66.. if it was so far forward I bet the high pressure tube would of fit with out cutting and this between stage tube would be right flush with the front.

just measured.

The input area is an inch deeper then my other turbo. If you were to subtract the difference then where the low pressure tube is sitting it would be perfect if it was my single 66 in that spot. I suspect I maybe have boot issues. If I do I can just get the cover machined down so I can get the boot more on the straight

eye balling the distance from where the cover bolts up to the end of the discharge, it's the same, about 5.5". So the over all size of the cover is the same as my single 66.

going into the input like that? I dunno. It's almost like the front cover is longer then a normal S300. I should take some measurements and compare to my single 66.. if it was so far forward I bet the high pressure tube would of fit with out cutting and this between stage tube would be right flush with the front.

Guess the diameter seems a bit small compared to other twin kits I've had or seen.

Last edited:

My charge pipe i extended into the secondary a bit like that, just welded the bead farther into the pipe. So that it its blowing directly into compressor wheel. Not getting lost in map groove. Don't know if it really helps but it makes sense to me.

Put everything together loose. Secondary & spacer, hotpipe to secondary, and hotpipe to primary.If there's a bracket for the primary leave that loose also. Tighten the secondary to manifold first, v clamp from secondary to hotpipe next, and and finally hotpipe to primary next. If you have a bracket for primary nows the time to check alignment and tighten if possible. You might have to modify it for proper alignment. Tighten the downpipe last. Install coldpipe and then intercooler pipe. Pat yourself on the back.

Well, the instructions said to connect the bracket to the s400 and the hot pipe to the s400 and drop in. I had the bracket snug before I dropped on the secondary. Carl PMed me about that. I'll loosen everything back up, including the bracket and try again.

Should have just built the pipe kit instead of fighting it the whole way.

Hey Jason, remember when I offered to build you custom piping? ;)

Last edited:
Damn, might as well built the piping yourself, nothing's fitting worth shat. Sure going to need to figure out why the secondary isn't bolting flush to the manifold. The cold pipe to secondary compressor is ass as well, should have a nice rolled lip there the right distance away.

Good progress considering.

Last edited: