monster pumps longevity

Lostnwalmart

ok guys for those of you out there that have a monster pump or are considering getting a monster pump i ahve learned that you need to match the injectors to the pump. with a stage 1 you should be ok with most injectors that have stock lift in them but 10 thousands would be on the safe side, with a stage 2 15 thousands minimum is recamended to have built into the injectors if u play with it more and hot rod around 20 thousands is recamended. what this does is allows the needle in the injector to lift higher and get more fuel out than normal any good company that makes these should be able to do it for you. bigger lines and tubes are not needed but wont hurt anything. this is the information i got from the maker of these pumps after i blew my cam ring out the side of the housing, that the most likly cause was to much internal pressure. so i now have his custom built injectors on the way and he told me i should not have any problem from here on out. i had over 20,000 miles on my pump before it blew and it ran great before then so dont freak out right away jsut know that they are a highly recamended upgrade and this is my opinion and its cam from my personal experiences. if u need a source for custom made injectors pm me and i can give you some names that i have looked into and have been very helpful to me.

Do these injectors have a HP rating or do they just go buy size, which I dont really know that much about anyways.

ive only realy heard size so far no hp rating but the lowest ive heard of so far is 200 ish hp.

Are you talking about how far the injector opens when you mention the thousandths of inches? Is that the same as lowering pop off pressure? I was under the impression 0.093" lines were mandatory equipment with monster pumps. I am very curious to know about potential problems, as I am going with a monster vp soon. I would definately like to PM a few questions if you don't mind.

will anyone ever show that one of these pumps (and modded injectors) can make power worth bragging about?

the only number i have ever seen was 496hp done by the black truck in the youtube video.

I had a new SO pump, prior to installing the stage 2, I have picked up tremendous fueling (already had big injectors) I don't have the pump wire tapped and easily am 100 hp over what I had before, the pump wire was hooked up on the SO. How much power does it take to spin 35 x 13.50's in 5th gear on a dry road at 60 MPH? I don't mean bark the tires, I mean burn them. These pumps are for real. I am sure the serious competitors will have them soon enough. My smoke never even starts to clean up, that is why my comp is running without the wire tapped to the pump. I have also picked up about 2 mpg, over my old setup.

I had a new SO pump, prior to installing the stage 2, I have picked up tremendous fueling (already had big injectors) I don't have the pump wire tapped and easily am 100 hp over what I had before, the pump wire was hooked up on the SO. How much power does it take to spin 35 x 13.50's in 5th gear on a dry road at 60 MPH? I don't mean bark the tires, I mean burn them. These pumps are for real. I am sure the serious competitors will have them soon enough. My smoke never even starts to clean up, that is why my comp is running without the wire tapped to the pump. I have also picked up about 2 mpg, over my old setup.

I don't think anyone interested in "it takes X horsepower to do Y."

The only thing anyone should be interested is "we dynoed the truck at 8:00am with an SO pump and it made xxx horsepower. We then swaped a Monster Pump, and dynoed again. Changing nothing, the Monster Pump made xxx horsepower."

I don't think anyone interested in "it takes X horsepower to do Y."

The only thing anyone should be interested is "we dynoed the truck at 8:00am with an SO pump and it made xxx horsepower. We then swaped a Monster Pump, and dynoed again. Changing nothing, the Monster Pump made xxx horsepower."

Im not sure how many people actually care to waste their time & money to test these 2 pump back to back for you? :bang

Heck I never asked Scheid to test a 13mm pump V.S. a columbus diesel pump back to back before I would buy theirs....

Monster pumps are sold on a limited basis so the people who actually get to buy these pumps aren't tire kickers they are serious diesel enthusiast :kick:

Personally, if they want $2700 for a pump they are gonna have to prove to me that they make $1700 more worth of power than an SO pump. Same reason I keep telling people I don't want a HRVP. Nobody has proven to me that it makes $800 more worth of power over an SO pump once you hit 500hp and have a tapped wire.

. We then swaped a Monster Pump, and dynoed again. Changing nothing, the Monster Pump made xxx horsepower."

I beleive its been mentioned before, that in order to run a monster pump a few parts have to be upgraded to larger/higher performance than your average joe SO pump. The corresponding parts don't work with both pumps...the injection lines,cross over tubes & injectors that have to be used on a monster pump, won't even pop off with a SO pump (much less start & idle). Does that make more sense now?

Personally, if they want $2700 for a pump they are gonna have to prove to me that they make $1700 more worth of power than an SO pump. Same reason I keep telling people I don't want a HRVP. Nobody has proven to me that it makes $800 more worth of power over an SO pump once you hit 500hp and have a tapped wire.

I guess if we all have learned anything if you got to ask how much it is then you can't afford it.

If it takes that much to prove anything to you....what have the oil companies proved to you that makes you keep getting raped @ the pumps every week? You keep buying from them with empty promises! :charger:

ok guys i understand that some of you are skepitacal about the monster pumps and untill you experience one that jsut how it will be, but this thread is more to inform the guys who are A-goign to buy one or B-already have one to make shure they dont create to much internal pressure and blow theres liek i did with mine. and if they do that the have the proper injectors in there truck so that the original manufactuar will warranty it all with no questions. once my truck is running and the head is retourqued ill be taking it to the dyno and ill see if i can make this bd special cry a lil.

I guess if we all have learned anything if you got to ask how much it is then you can't afford it.

If it takes that much to prove anything to you....what have the oil companies proved to you that makes you keep getting raped @ the pumps every week? You keep buying from them with empty promises! :charger:

Affording it isn't the problem. Dropping that kinda money on hope and dreams is.

The oil companies have proven that when I put their refined oil in my tank it will make my truck run. The maker of the monster pump has not proven to me that if I installed a monster pump that I'd gain 100+hp.

Affording it isn't the problem. Dropping that kinda money on hope and dreams is.

Ding Ding Ding.

I'm betting a sigma p-pump swap is going to make more power then a monster pump. Under your logic, shouldn't the real horse power freaks and diesel enthusiasts do that?

If you make a better product, prove it. Put up or shut up. Or, have your customer put up or shut up. I'm not taking away from this thread any further then that. The discussion ends entirely for me until I see some kind of proof.. And I'll leave it at that.

So with that much fuel, how much air are we talkin? too much for a single im guessing.

Ding Ding Ding.

I'm betting a sigma p-pump swap is going to make more power then a monster pump. Under your logic, shouldn't the real horse power freaks and diesel enthusiasts do that?

If you make a better product, prove it. Put up or shut up. Or, have your customer put up or shut up. I'm not taking away from this thread any further then that. The discussion ends entirely for me until I see some kind of proof.. And I'll leave it at that.

Well, you must think everyone is lying, you probaly won't believe anything. Those of us who have them, know what they will do. I had an SO, this pump kicks the crap out of it PERIOD. A blind retarted passenger, could tell the difference between the two pumps. The less people who have them, the more guys we can BLISTER...

Well if you've had both an SO and a monster then why don't you throw the monster pump on the dyno and see how it compares?

well boys I tried to do a HRVP and then swap in a stage 2 monster last June only to have a monster pump that wouldn't pop off the #1 injector--so I tried, but my goal is to get my twins set up then dyno a Scheid's HRVP then a monster stage 2 and then a monster stage 3---problem I've been having is now I'm way behind schedule because of my parts issues---plus I'll be getting some other injectors and crossovers from the builder of the pumps---no chancing anything here---I have .093 lines and .093 crossovers and 7x25 injectors, but I'm not going to chance it with this much $$$---

sigma, schmigma---some of us want to keep VP's and since this thread is about VP sigma's and p-pumps need not be mentioned---but still until these pumps can be validated your point about sigma's is true---

now what was I going to say---oh yea also any box will work with these pumps---

again I will dyno all three of my pumps to get data, just not sure when, as my luck is below bad these days---

the only thing about this thread that may be off a hair is the lift measurements, but for the stage 2 and stage 3 pumps there are injectors out there that don't get it done---you need to ask your supplier if your injectors are up to the task---chris

I remember that and was really looking forward to that. Hopefully you can get everything put together and get those numbers for us. And trust me, I understand bad luck when it comes to making power.

So who is the actual builder of these pumps. I am tired of talking to someone that say well i will have to call the manufature get back with you. Thats been 4 times. I am interested in getting one but tired of finding the middle man.

Back