monster pumps longevity

What's interesting is that there's more chat going on in this thread than there is in the chat room. LOL

well it gets down to run the right parts and the pump should last--the builder's pump is a stage 2 and he's had no issues running his stuff for at least a yr--you can bet he doesn't want problems with his stuff, cuz it sucks to repair stuff--that's money lost vs money made---

I should added "usually" to the end of the above post---it's just very good that some of this info is coming out---I had no idea about the lift, but I did know you needed pretty good sized injectors---I knew he made crossovers, but again no one said it was a must only that they needed to .093 and the same with the lines---

yep and he has a set of injectors that he makes for these pumps so why would you want to run something different and possibly mess something up when he has the right thing that he will cover if it breaks.

well I'm getting his injectors and crossovers, i'm not going to burn up $5000 worth of pumps and then have to pay for repairs that could've been avoided

Umm I would think that would be a little heavy for a piston??? Seems like Ross and Arias make good custom pistons and I am not sure but I don't believe they would use steel... And whats the deal with a plastic skirt insert?

i know the mahle pistons are forged steel im almost positive the arias pistons are to. aluminum wont last too long with the heat and press the big boys see.

i know the mahle pistons are forged steel im almost positive the arias pistons are to. aluminum wont last too long with the heat and press the big boys see.

Mahle is coming out with a steel piston. Mahle and the aries pistons ARE forged aluminum.

So who is the actual builder of these pumps. I am tired of talking to someone that say well i will have to call the manufature get back with you. Thats been 4 times. I am interested in getting one but tired of finding the middle man.

Your are obviously talking to the wrong middle man! I'm not surprised. You say you own your own business....you are also a middle man, you want everyone to trust what you have to say. You are complaining about everyone wanting to be a dealer....didn't you just say you wanted to be a dealer?.....hmm hypocritical isn't it :kick:

i have pics of his pistons they were taken on my cell phone the plastic is an old gasser trick but it also holds the wrist pin in the piston

we ran the stage 2 on a dyno and couldnt get the turbo to light till 2300-2500 and by then it was a little late with the tst it fueled to like 3300 and dropped off hard at 3500 it did 489 also i forget the tq have to see if matt still has his dyno sheet

the inj everyone keeps talking about i a little skeptical on them i dont know much about them other than mike keeps talking about them and trying to get matt to buy a set i dont know to be honest
this is just what i know from personal exp

Your are obviously talking to the wrong middle man! I'm not surprised. You say you own your own business....you are also a middle man, you want everyone to trust what you have to say. You are complaining about everyone wanting to be a dealer....didn't you just say you wanted to be a dealer?.....hmm hypocritical isn't it :kick:

Well that was just being and *** to tell you the truth. Yeah do performance work but most the time i get everyone to buy there own parts that way i dont have to worry about warranty or stuff messing up. I just instal and recommend. Someone has to install. I dont think anyone within 300 mile radius from me down here in TEXAS would drive 800 to 1000 miles to go get a pump, injectors, electronics, tranny or what else installed.

And i dont expect anyone too trust what i say. Thats why i want my own pump and trust me i would be on the dyno atleast once a month getting info on it for all my VP buddies. That way they can enjoy the new tech. on these worthless VP pumps.

o and daves diesel doesnt bulid these pumps they may buy parts and put one together but they dont manufacture them

Do you guys think there is a good single to run with one of these? Or is going to HAVE to be twins, hard to stay in a street style class with twins? Just looking for you .02.

Rick

Yep a T4 S400 74 with a .90 or 1.0 A/R housing, we have been running these on the CR engines. They light as fast as some 64's and come on strong on the top end. Affordable too, T-3 to T-4 adapter, hx 40 downpipe, 4 to 5 inch air inlet adapter, and a 3 1/2 to 3" hose discharge adapter is needed.

Yes and man is that 104mm charger huge....OOPS I have already said too much...

Do you guys think there is a good single to run with one of these? Or is going to HAVE to be twins, hard to stay in a street style class with twins? Just looking for you .02.

Rick

............................nevermind

another worthless piss poor thread in the dodge camp, and this isnt intended for the original poster.

Wickeds photo doesnt do the piston justice! M*** stopped by here and dropped off my connecting tubes for the 3rd gen head swap and showed me the piston, its kick :shake:

his twins are HUGE

as far as the injectors go Ty H. here in Hudson had M*** put a pump, injectors and twins on his truck awhile ago and hes not had any issues to my knowledge.
Im going to run a set of his injectors and the stage 2 pump later this year, but Ill get a baseline dyno from Dunbar at IRP this year:rockwoot: then report back.

Ian

Back