monster pumps longevity

for the record i don't think anyone is lying. and i also know that there are guys who are gonna get them and either dont dyno it, or do and wont give up the numbers because motorsports is a big game of secrets...but thats also no way to sell products either.

i was as 575hp last time i dynoed, on fuel only, and sinlge turbo...to spend $3k on a pump and injectors and i only break 600 would be a huge let down...but if guys are out there laying down 650-675 or even 700hp then hell yea i'll pony up cash for it, but nobody out there has shown any results.

i'm not gonna waste $3k for this setup to pick up 25-30hp, i'd rather put the $3k into a nice 12v or at least p-pump swap. but if someone shows that this thing can start making high 600 to 700hp then it becomes and expensive option but easier than a conversion to get the same power.

I beleive its been mentioned before, that in order to run a monster pump a few parts have to be upgraded to larger/higher performance than your average joe SO pump. The corresponding parts don't work with both pumps...the injection lines,cross over tubes & injectors that have to be used on a monster pump, won't even pop off with a SO pump (much less start & idle). Does that make more sense now?

Your way off on your pop they can handle more than u think

ok guys for the measurements that is the over stock lift and stock is 18 thousandths, jsut to clairify it and im not tryign to create another monster thread here so please stop taking it there, i belive that these pumps are amazing and the reason that the builder of the pumps name cant be given out is the simple fact that he dosent want it given out becasue he run a full on shop and dosent ahve time to deal with selling these parts he woudl rather have his distributors do it for him. also my truck will be ran on the dyno asap but the head must go though the proper heat cycles before i can do that fun stuff to her, hell im more excited to get the truck running again after having it down for 3 and a half months i could care less if i break any dyno records

Well heck since i have my own shop i want to start selling them. But i would like to talk to the builder. I was going to buy one before i bought the HRVP but couldnt ever get a straigh answer about the pump. I have to deal with middle men everyday and i sure dont want to deal with one on my toys expecially when its going to cost $2500 or better.

I am not saying they wont make the power i just want to talk to who ever is making the dang pumps. And then if i have to go to the middle man to buy one.

twins in my opinion are always gogin to flow but if u can get a big single to spool then it would work, id have to say that you would probly be better off with twins with one. espicaly with a daily driver

2 really big chargers are needed, yes it is that much fuel. The builder runs a 77 top and 104 mm charger on the bottom. He cracked his block on the outside vertically, where the head studs are located near the side. How much fuel and boost, does it take to do that with a VP44. My avatar is his piston, tool steel, with a plastic skirt insert. To say he is smart is like saying a Ferrari is just another car.

2 really big chargers are needed, yes it is that much fuel. The builder runs a 77 top and 104 mm charger on the bottom. He cracked his block on the outside vertically, where the head studs are located near the side. How much fuel and boost, does it take to do that with a VP44. My avatar is his piston, tool steel, with a plastic skirt insert. To say he is smart is like saying a Ferrari is just another car.

Holy crap!! I guess my htt62/s400 combo is out the window then.

Well heck since i have my own shop i want to start selling them. But i would like to talk to the builder. I was going to buy one before i bought the HRVP but couldnt ever get a straigh answer about the pump. I have to deal with middle men everyday and i sure dont want to deal with one on my toys expecially when its going to cost $2500 or better.

I am not saying they wont make the power i just want to talk to who ever is making the dang pumps. And then if i have to go to the middle man to buy one.

I dont know where your getting ur prices but that is a extememly high price for this pump. When i first talked to the builder to find out about the pump i told he him i was going to run a 66mm single and laughed at me and told me i would blow it up in a week. He recommended a miniunum of a 3.0 charger to get it to at least run with out blowing the turbo and i will see how it goes from there. I will be recieving my pump within the next few days and my engine should be back together with in a month and I am planning on doing the swap and dynoing and depending on my numbers i recievem it will help me decide if i will post them. Like stated before the world of motorsports is always competitive so why would people want to give away there little secrets that may give them the advantage in competition. I believe in the facts that sometime you got to suck it up and learn for yourself and not go with what other people say. All and all i have heard many postive experiences about this pump.

these pumps must be capable of 1000hp+ then...there are 3rd gens running 66mm chargers well into the 800-900 range, and the only ones blowing them up are the ones spraying them. heck, one guy ran a silver bullet with spray and lots of fuel and he ran the dog sh!t out of the truck on the street and at the track and the turbo held up to it, and that truck made multiple 11.0 passes.

not saying it wont be hot, or smokey, but to say a 66mm charger is gonna blow up in a week... LOL

I dont know where your getting ur prices but that is a extememly high price for this pump. When i first talked to the builder to find out about the pump i told he him i was going to run a 66mm single and laughed at me and told me i would blow it up in a week. He recommended a miniunum of a 3.0 charger to get it to at least run with out blowing the turbo and i will see how it goes from there. I will be recieving my pump within the next few days and my engine should be back together with in a month and I am planning on doing the swap and dynoing and depending on my numbers i recievem it will help me decide if i will post them. Like stated before the world of motorsports is always competitive so why would people want to give away there little secrets that may give them the advantage in competition. I believe in the facts that sometime you got to suck it up and learn for yourself and not go with what other people say. All and all i have heard many postive experiences about this pump.

Well trust me i know plenty about how competitive motorsports are and how people wont tell you what they are running. I have dealt with that for years in drag racing and thats one reason i said to ***** with that. For the last 3 or 4 years that i have been involved with diesel performance everyone i have talked to was more than happy to assist with what ever it may be. Thats one reason i have gone this far. And know since there is something that is supposed to be a great improvement over stock no one wants to saying anything about it just that is a great pump.

Pritty much every other diesel performance part has some kind of rating.

And trust me the turbo situation is the last of my worries.

I just get tired of other vendor jumping at the chance to sell the pump. Its like they say hey theres a dumn *** i can make a grand or so off of i think i need to talk to him. And then its the whole well let me get with the builder and i will get back with you.

Before i bought the HRVP i tried to talk to who ever i needed to. And evertime is was the same thing. So i went with the next best thing. If i could have just talked to someone that could give me a straight answer i would have jumped all over one.

i ran a bd super with mine and teh pump blew before the turbo lol, but that was duse to inproper injectors the new pump with the new turbo and injectors will still be hot but will be a great base to work on the twins..... sigh jsut got to pay all this off first yikes!

Back