monster pumps longevity

I dont know where your getting ur prices but that is a extememly high price for this pump. When i first talked to the builder to find out about the pump i told he him i was going to run a 66mm single and laughed at me and told me i would blow it up in a week. He recommended a miniunum of a 3.0 charger to get it to at least run with out blowing the turbo and i will see how it goes from there. I will be recieving my pump within the next few days and my engine should be back together with in a month and I am planning on doing the swap and dynoing and depending on my numbers i recievem it will help me decide if i will post them. Like stated before the world of motorsports is always competitive so why would people want to give away there little secrets that may give them the advantage in competition. I believe in the facts that sometime you got to suck it up and learn for yourself and not go with what other people say. All and all i have heard many postive experiences about this pump.

We ain't asking for secrets on what he does to the pump. We want to know the difference it makes in power.

From my understanding he seems like he is trying to get away from vendors and get his own business out there because he does alot more then just pumps. He has a few vendors he is very close with that he does work with but he is the one that always get the shaft on warrenty work and other ppl buying his pumping and marking it up as much as a grand and reselling them.

We ain't asking for secrets on what he does to the pump. We want to know the difference it makes in power.

Well when im back together I run both on the dyno with exact same setup and give you the differences in power. Not exactly sure how soon that will be.

2 really big chargers are needed, yes it is that much fuel. The builder runs a 77 top and 104 mm charger on the bottom. He cracked his block on the outside vertically, where the head studs are located near the side. How much fuel and boost, does it take to do that with a VP44. My avatar is his piston, tool steel, with a plastic skirt insert. To say he is smart is like saying a Ferrari is just another car.

Umm I would think that would be a little heavy for a piston??? Seems like Ross and Arias make good custom pistons and I am not sure but I don't believe they would use steel... And whats the deal with a plastic skirt insert?

well I think I'm going to need a bigger charger--now do I go ball bearing or not---

Umm I would think that would be a little heavy for a piston??? Seems like Ross and Arias make good custom pistons and I am not sure but I don't believe they would use steel... And whats the deal with a plastic skirt insert?

If I remember correctly i believe it is in the neighborhood of 200 grams lighter for each piston....

that is a very true statement which is one reason why i payed 800 bones to get my new pump but i went directly to him and i knwo that im gettign it all from him and its a great product this guy is to smart for his own good he makes some of my instructors at wyotech look retarted and mike isnt that old even. jsut abel to improve on someone elses design very well and come up with his own stuff as well. and one of his complaints to me was that the peopel selling his pumps are making more money on them than he is and that dosnet sit well with him and honestly that should not be happening, he was also willing to drive into town and drop off my injectors with my pump if the cores didnt show up in time for him to finish my new injectors with ups's regualr pick up at his shop. so please guys dont let previous vendors or users of this pump put a bad taste in your mouth becasue the man who makes them is one of the few left that is actualy a good and trustful person.

From my understanding he seems like he is trying to get away from vendors and get his own business out there because he does alot more then just pumps. He has a few vendors he is very close with that he does work with but he is the one that always get the shaft on warrenty work and other ppl buying his pumping and marking it up as much as a grand and reselling them.

Well according to the 10 other people i have talked to they wont give out his name because they say the doesnt want to mess with the consumer. So who is it anyways. Ill give him a call tomorrow. I can sell my HRVP and jump on a monster pump if i could talk to the builder.

And i think it would be better for him to deal direct with the people that run his pump. That way if anything is going on it doesnt have to go throught eleventy two million different people.

that is a very true statement which is one reason why i payed 800 bones to get my new pump but i went directly to him and i knwo that im gettign it all from him and its a great product this guy is to smart for his own good he makes some of my instructors at wyotech look retarted and mike isnt that old even. jsut abel to improve on someone elses design very well and come up with his own stuff as well. and one of his complaints to me was that the peopel selling his pumps are making more money on them than he is and that dosnet sit well with him and honestly that should not be happening, he was also willing to drive into town and drop off my injectors with my pump if the cores didnt show up in time for him to finish my new injectors with ups's regualr pick up at his shop. so please guys dont let previous vendors or users of this pump put a bad taste in your mouth becasue the man who makes them is one of the few left that is actualy a good and trustful person.

Well then lets get his number and get the man on the map and the VP trucks back up on top.:rockwoot:

i have no idea and dont want to put a foot in my mouth or some where else by saying yes or no.

nope worse he controls an army of flying monkeys, you saw that movie with the dog and the girl, those things are nasty! but this thread has gotten majorly side tracked lol!

ok I deleted my above post, because I needed to stop and rethink--but basically I was told last yr that there were only 3 companies who were to sell the pump---you can do a search and find out who they were---or I can just say it---but now I don't know who's involved or not, because I couldn't run the pump since I've been waiting for parts I stopped following what was going on---this may have been a blessing in disguise really----I now know there are two more companies involved that I didn't know of previously---Coal Train and Holland Court along with originally NorthEast Performance with Farmboys Diesel and East Coast Performance and the other was Dave's Diesel, but again right now I'm not sure who's on board and not---Gus is, so I'm guessing NorthEast Performance is also, but whether Dave's Diesel is still involved I don't know---chris

nope worse he controls an army of flying monkeys, you saw that movie with the dog and the girl, those things are nasty! but this thread has gotten majorly side tracked lol!

Yeah i am sorry about that. Seems any thread related to MONSTER PUMPS ends up like this. Just to much speculation.

Back