MONSTER vp44

I had one of those before the silver 64 and i will tell you what the silver is 10 times better than the BD special eer thougth about being.

:hehe: This is one of the best claims I've heard recently on the internet. It's a close second to, "my diesel get 31 mpg".

No offense, but lets try to keep these claims somewhat believable or else the new guys who don't no chit will surely see beyond the vail of the marketing bullsh*t. LOL

Well i guess i should say first of all the 64 i had before didnt have the low drive wheel. It ran a lot hotter than the silver. I am not sure on the specs on the BD special. But i even have the dyno sheet to prove my gain from the old 64 to the Silver 64.

And if you want to call bull **** show me another truck running a single and pushing almost 600hp. On fuel only.

I am not sure on the specs on the BD special

So you've never run a BD Special or know any of it's specs. yet you claim your charger is better. Smells like BS to me...

I did 575 with a BD Special on fuel and have run a 12.5 in the 1/4. I think my BS smells better than yours.:hehe:

im over 600 hp on a single fuel only....... i hit 605 and the graph was still climbing. soooo im a lil confused on what your trying to say

i think the point he was trying to make is there are several 600hp plus single charger trucks out there that are running a SO or maybe even a HO pump. you did 605 with a monster pump. thats the point. when we start to see some 700 plus hp or fuel only on our trucks with monster pumps then maybe but till then, the tried and true HRVP sill holds the record for high VP horsepower. just my $.02

well i never said my truck was a record breaker and that you should all bow down to my amzing POWA, I just got the impression he was more refering to my turbo being subpar to the II version. but everyone understngs things differently i supose

well i never said my truck was a record breaker and i got the impression he was more refering to the turbo being subpar to the II version. but everyone understings things differently i supose

oh i guess i should have read everything lol. i thought he was talking about the pump. if he was talking about the turbo, then the super b special is a great turbo as well. i know it made 880hp on Eric Browns common rail with juice, and was over 650 on fuel.

I think Mike's point was the claim that the sb 64 is better than the 64/71 is based on a webpage not real world experience or practical knowledge. Mike used to run a 64 with the small turbine so he does have a clue.

My experience has been that you can gain power from stepping up from the small 65 turbine even if you don't have one of those two grand silver suckers. I picked up 40+ hp from a similar swap and I went down a size on the compressor.

My experience has been that you can gain power from stepping up from the small 65 turbine even if you don't have one of those two grand silver suckers. I picked up 40+ hp from a similar swap and I went down a size on the compressor.
What were these turbos that you speak of?

well i never said my truck was a record breaker and that you should all bow down to my amzing POWA, I just got the impression he was more refering to my turbo being subpar to the II version. but everyone understngs things differently i supose

That's what I gathered.

I want to see what your truck dynos with some more MPH under it's belt.

once i get this bottom charger in im hopeing to break into the 700 to 800 range, but need to work on getting the money, going to only build the wins once... :Cheer: and breaking 600 with only a 64 mm isnt bad at all considering that turbo is rated for 575 on there web site lol:doh:

This is what i was referring to. The silver 64 i am running is doing aboslutly fine at 590hp. With more to come. I was just stating that the silver series is not rated for 575hp. And then everthing went from there.

At 590hp i still pull everyday before i started trying to track down the cutting fuel problem i was seeing. I pulled with the 11holes from II which is what i made the 590with.

From what i am see the truck that are making 600hp with the monster pump i would guess wouldnt be suited for towing. However my setup seems to be doing fine even at 590hp and daily driving.

i think the point he was trying to make is there are several 600hp plus single charger trucks out there that are running a SO or maybe even a HO pump. you did 605 with a monster pump. thats the point. when we start to see some 700 plus hp or fuel only on our trucks with monster pumps then maybe but till then, the tried and true HRVP sill holds the record for high VP horsepower. just my $.02

HRVP or SO cause last I heard it was an SO that held the record.

i towed over 2000 miles just recently and got good mileage to boot pulled a car trailer with a car on it of coarse, it may be a smaller load than some but it actualy ran a lil smoother in my opinion and would b happy to test it against anyhting.

HRVP or SO cause last I heard it was an SO that held the record.

i believe HRVP. i belive Jetpilot did the 832 with a hot rod. i know winslett is up there at 902 (not a 248 dynojet) but still a dynojet and he had a HRVP pump from sheide i believe. SO pump makes great great power but the very top of the list is the HRVP i believe but i could be wrong.

Last I heard, jetpilot did his best with an SO. It's been a while though.

How's that CR swap coming? I'm still planning on tackling mine when I get another vehicle.

How's that CR swap coming? I'm still planning on tackling mine when I get another vehicle.

Your right, Jetpilot did the best on a SO. I don't think he's a big fan of the HRVP. Now Winslette on the other hand did use a scheid HRVP

its going great. still planning on having it done by the j and H event june 20 but thats only 3 weeks away. go here for some picks of the inside. i will have some underhood shots shortly.http://www.myspace.com/ross44